Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!

12 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Sunday of Bank Holiday weekend normally quieter traffic wise. Plus if it's going to rain less people will be out for the day

Its looking quite wet tomorrow afternoon unfortunately now , shame really,  not ideal for outdoor drinking 

1 hour ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

ready for tomorrow, my friends!

You've got the whole of Valenciennes behind you!

Go Saint's Go Southampton !!

photo taken from the gates of the Stade du Hainaut in Valenciennes

Capture001.PNG

I’m tempted to try and get a Valenciennes shirt. 
I worked in France,Bordeaux and Toulouse (for rugby) worked as a chef around France.  
so always had a soft spot for them. 
but now I’m rooting for you. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We’ll see you on the other side everyone. Off to the world of 😴 now, then up and leaving Carlisle at 7am for the road trip to Wembley! 

Try and enjoy it everyone! 

Edited by Dr Who?
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, JRM said:

Its looking quite wet tomorrow afternoon unfortunately now , shame really,  not ideal for outdoor drinking 

Think it's showers mainly. Hopefully will be alright, don't think there's anything too sustained, most of the rain is coming in overnight.

Posted (edited)

Right lads, I think we do the business tomorrow and a good season supporting Saints becomes a memorable cracker!  Get some sleep make sure the vocal chords are in fine fettle to sing up whilst we put these fucking northern monkeys to the sword. 

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

See you all at Wembley.  COYR!   

Edited by Miltonaggro
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Challenger said:

Iam neither excited or concerned about this game to be honest. Does that make me a laid back, mellow chap or as my wife says, a cold , stoney feelingless sod ?

Check your pulse!   Surely you have to be a bit on edge; nervous, excited about this game - just like the players will be.

7 hours ago, benali-shorts said:

Yes. City have made a right mess of this possession-based football over the last few seasons. 

Think the point is that it’s not what City / Saints do, it’s how the oppo team sets up and plays to nullify the system. Utd did it it really well…kept their shape and dominated midfield. City couldn’t find a way to pass the ball quickly enough through the lines. If Leeds do a similar thing we’ll lose.

I have never felt nerves like this ahead of a game, god knows how it must be for the players and staff, they probably just want 3pm to come round as quickly as possible so they can get on with it.

Nice to see the underdogs win at Wembley yesterday, hopefully it is the theme for the weekend as everyone is banging on about Leeds being favourites.

I am driving, going to leave early, our Fan Zone opens at 11am and I want to soak up the atmosphere, rain or shine it will be a day to remember (for better or worse).

Our fan Zone is in Arena Square, see you there.

Wembley Stadium map dejbea

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Watched the FA cup final to see purely what the pitch looked like at the end of the game.

Looked in good nick so russball wont be affected.

Did anyone else think the grass looked thick and the ball was running slowly yesterday? Wondered if they had purposely left it like that so it would survive better for two back to back games. Maybe they will mow it between the games?

Do we have a groundskeeper on Saintsweb? 

Good luck everyone. I am holding back heading off to a fishing trip with my fishing buddies to watch the game early tomorrow morning.

Listened to the Saints podcast today with the Leeds podcaster guesting - he was pretty reasonable and said there wasn't the width of a cigarette paper between the two teams which I think is right.

If both teams show up as they did for the second leg of the semi-finals it will be a cracker of a game with one or other team winning 4-3.

Hope it's us. Come on you Saints!

13 hours ago, whelk said:

This is winning ‘3rd place ‘ so don’t know why that will satisfy you - it isn’t a real trophy

Not a trophy maybe, but a win would be a huge reward in itself.   

Winning would be a good morale booster for the squad, and a huge economic boost for the club.

So what results did we all dream last night?

I dreamt that McC hit the advertising 20 yards right of their goal after 45 seconds, but we all celebrated and it was given. Then my mate had to leave after 6 minutes to catch a train, we lost 3-1 but it still went to penalties, which we also lost.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

I dreamt that McC hit the advertising 20 yards right of their goal after 45 seconds, but we all celebrated and it was given. Then my mate had to leave after 6 minutes to catch a train, we lost 3-1 but it still went to penalties, which we also lost.

Just say 'no', kids.

• Haha 2

CB Fry fans will be interested to know my car has broken down on the M1 south on the way to Wembley.

Just stood in the rain watching the Leeds coaches and cars with scarves fly by.

😫

• Sad 3

38 minutes ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Trains sound like carnage. No one at all got on the last one at Hedge End.

Central was relatively quiet! Everyone avoiding it after the shit show that was the league cup final?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Tauro said:

Central was relatively quiet! Everyone avoiding it after the shit show that was the league cup final?

Fingers crossed this remains the case. I am trying public transport to Wembley for the first time today, will be trying to catch a train from Winchester around quarter to 11. 

Don't mind standing room only, as long as I can actually get there.

Also, what logic do Wembley have in printing tickets so large that they couldn't possibly fit in a wallet without being folded?

Edited by Colinjb

12 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

CB Fry fans will be interested to know my car has broken down on the M1 south on the way to Wembley.

Just stood in the rain watching the Leeds coaches and cars with scarves fly by.

😫

That's a real bugger. I hope the AA get to you quick to fix it or you can get a recovery to the ground (not home)

• Like 2

Finals are generally cagey affairs and can often be influenced by mistakes.

We have a very good idea how Leeds will line up and their formation. We were so fluid in formation change against the Baggies in the 2nd leg it looked perfect for a final.  I’d start same 11, 5 at the back, get into the game before pushing Wee Man further forward. 

We win this. I’m going 3-1. 

Very nervous.... I feel this will be our first and last chance of getting back where we belong, the team is only going to get a lot lot weaker after today should we lose! I genuinely believe we are a better team than Leeds though but we need to be at 100% throughout the team and be attack minded! Come on you saints make us proud! 💪 Let's not get this far and throw it all away 

• Sad 1

Here we go

Saints to win 2-1 in 90 mins. Adams and Smallbone with the goals...Both teams will miss daft chances, and both teams will have periods of being under the cosh...

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Very nervous.... I feel this will be our first and last chance of getting back where we belong, the team is only going to get a lot lot weaker after today should we lose! I genuinely believe we are a better team than Leeds though but we need to be at 100% throughout the team and be attack minded! Come on you saints make us proud! 💪 Let's not get this far and throw it all away 

For goodness sake cheer up man, its only a bloody football match. If we lose, we lose, there's always next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Yeah, I tried to get the 07.58 from Hedge End and it was utterly rammed. 

Got a lift to Airport Parkway and was easily able to get on the 08.50. Everyone's seated.

There's so many services that it's better just to get on at a mainline Southampton station. 

Comfily supping a 17% imperial stout straight from the bottle because I'm classy. 😎

• Like 1

Central was a breeze between 7-8 this morning. Seats were empty on the 7.40. Fair play to SWR for once as all the extra trains have made a big difference. Up the fucking Saints 

1 hour ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

I couldn’t get on at Fleet.  Had to wait for the slower one after. Was jokes 😂. Never seen a busier train 

19 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Last chance 😂😂

So if we don't go up now we'll never, ever, in the whole future of the club get promoted again? 

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

We we’re 1-0 down, 2-1 up at HT.

Massive brawl on the touchline and Stephens got sent off, we lost 3-2 with an 80th min winner, I don’t know why I remember it in so much detail.

Still too vivid, glad I woke up and it was just a dream 🤣

COYR! 

We got on at Weybridge and there are plenty of Saints but also plenty of seats ! Expect that Waterloo will be like a zoo but we should have plenty of time so ‘Que sera’ !

COYS 😇

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic