Wembley Tickets - extra tickets also SOLD OUT

Harry_SFC

I managed to get two tickets in the end, but what a complete nightmare the booking system was. Firstly, using the online system on a phone is terrible…slow and the zoom function almost useless. Then after choosing the seats and trying to pay it failed three times using my debit card. Only worked using my Visa Credit card eventually. I’ve got an email confirmation and it’s showing in my purchase history, so I can only assume it’s all gone through ok and two tickets will arrive in the post between now and the weekend. They’ve got their work cut out!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

They provide hospitality in the same way as my local landlord when he rips me off for £6.50 a pint.

but he doesnt charge twice the entry fee and more to do so

• Lighthouse changed the title to Wembley Tickets - Sold Out
10 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Well, following that fiasco, I didn't make it. I was down from 1 hour 48 mins to 33 mins when it SOLD OUT.

Hey Ho! So, it's a long shot I know, but if anybody finds they are "lumbered" with 2 adult tickets, my son (adult) and I would be extremely happy to take them off your hands. Happy to meet at Wembley or pick up from you (Hampshire/Berkshire) prior to Sunday. My email is wilburykeef@gmail.com

Many thanks all and best wishes to everyone who was successful. Have a great day.

Just to add to that, I'd still be interested in two single tickets (not sitting together) so if anyone has a single adult ticket - the email is wilburykeef@gmail.com 

Many thanks again.

Obviously in the Saints end......my League Cup Final experience in 1979 still haunts me - having bought from a tout, and ending up in the Nottingham Forest end. Argggghhh

38 minutes ago, Dman said:

This is not a post to brag, but not sure what the fuss was about - I managed to log on at 12:30 with a bit of a wait and grab 3 tickets on old support numbers that haven't been used for about 5 seasons. 

I had secured mine saturday mind, so a little less stressful, but seemed a pretty easy enough process... I don't know anyone who missed out. 

Wow, at these prices I thought you would be boycotting it 🤣

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Just to add to that, I'd still be interested in two single tickets (not sitting together) so if anyone has a single adult ticket - the email is wilburykeef@gmail.com 

Many thanks again.

Obviously in the Saints end......my League Cup Final experience in 1979 still haunts me - having bought from a tout, and ending up in the Nottingham Forest end. Argggghhh

That shouldn't have been a problem as it was terracing in those days  and there was a group of several thousand Saints fans down the front of the Forest end so you could have joined them. Maybe you couldn't see them if you were at the back of the Forest end but from the Saints end they were very visible, to the right of the goal as we faced it. Off the pitch, I preferred '79 to '76, when United fans filled 3/4 of the stadium. I remember a Saints fan beating down the United fans at the front of our end, with a huge wooden flag pole. In '79, however, we got the majority of the neutral tickets.

Edited by Nordic Saint

6 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

That shouldn't have been a problem as it was terracing in those days  and there was a group of several thousand Saints fans down the front of the Forest end so you could have joined them. Maybe you couldn't see them if you were at the back of the Forest end but from the Saints end they were very visible, to the right of the goal as we faced it. Off the pitch, I preferred '79 to '76, when United fans filled 3/4 of the stadium. In '79, we got the majority of the neutral tickets.

Forest had a section in ours that day, but as would be expected it didnt go well !!

Absolute bollocks system. I queued for 2 hours and it said an error had occurred so I had to enter the captcha again and rejoin the queue for another 3 hours. When the 3 hours were up I could see lots of individual seats still available. When I clicked on them it said pricing was unavailable so I chose automatic and still it wouldn't give me any pricing. Tried everything and it wouldn't allow me to purchase a ticket so I tried to queue again and then sold out. I'm not too fussed as I'm not a season ticket holder and I've only managed to get to a handful of games this season so I feel there are others who have probably missed out and deserve to be there more than me, but an absolutely crap experience.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Micky said:

Did exactly the same, hopefully they will be here by Friday morning because I don't live in the country and will be travelling back for the game Friday afternoon - fingers crossed...!

Post was the only option.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Many thanks again.

I remember it well, 14 years old, me and a mate in a Saints section in the Forest end. All the Saints fans disapeared at half-time and we were surrounded by Forest who weren't happy being 1-0 down.

Joined the queue at 9.30, in at 9.45, got 3 tickets no problems at all. It sounds like buying the membership for £20 was well worth avoiding the bunfight later on. If anyone thinks this is bad, trying buying for the Euros or World Cup - a million times worse...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Wow, at these prices I thought you would be boycotting it 🤣

You're not wrong - Masisvley overpriced once again. 

2 hours ago, Chez said:

fucking useless system. Eventually it offered me the "we'll pick one for you" option which worked second time I tried it. Happy days.  Off to but some bi-noc-ul-lars...

I'm right at back at the top so the cheap and cheerful theater binoculars I "err borrowed" from the Mayflower theater the other night might come in handy !! 🙄🤣

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

A joke to call it hospitality when there is no food or drink in the package! 

I thought you may get a hand job at that price

14 minutes ago, 64saint said:

I'm right at back at the top so the cheap and cheerful theater binoculars I "err borrowed" from the Mayflower theater the other night might come in handy !! 🙄🤣

I didn’t find it too bad watching football up with the gods having the whole pitch to see how the teams operate. Not sure about music concerts, but I’ll find out next month!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

I didn’t find it too bad watching football up with the gods having the whole pitch to see how the teams operate. Not sure about music concerts, but I’ll find out next month!

Yes, I was at the back row also for the league cup final against Man U a few years back. Once I got used to the view from a different angle, it wasn't bad. Take in the whole atmosphere of the stadium.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

I managed to get two tickets in the end, but what a complete nightmare the booking system was. Firstly, using the online system on a phone is terrible…slow and the zoom function almost useless. Then after choosing the seats and trying to pay it failed three times using my debit card. Only worked using my Visa Credit card eventually. I’ve got an email confirmation and it’s showing in my purchase history, so I can only assume it’s all gone through ok and two tickets will arrive in the post between now and the weekend. They’ve got their work cut out!

The phone system fucked me over. Ended up with      -£256 worth of tickets at one point 😂

Instead I just opted for the pre-selected seats. Right up at the top 't Gods.

Edited by sfc4prem
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 64saint said:

Screenshot_20240520-171829.thumb.png.1fe574201f34c954d2e3dc4ef001ca07.png

Wonder who supporter number 15028097 is ???   Seems he was happy to leave his number on there whilst putting it on eBay for 250 quid. 🙄

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

Just been told theres a ticket on Ebay for £250. I wish the club could ban the person for life

Buy it and report the bastard to the club once you know the ticket number!  Then get an eBay refund after their tickets cancelled 

17 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Any truth that club staff have been given four extra tickets each ?

Does it matter if it is true?  I think it's good they recognise their staff like that.  I'm sure the players receive even more tickets than that....

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Buy it and report the bastard to the club once you know the ticket number!  Then get an eBay refund after their tickets cancelled 

Does it matter if it is true?  I think it's good they recognise their staff like that.  I'm sure the players receive even more tickets than that....

Yes it does matter, it’s excessive and should only be two extra. These extra ticket will go to people who hardly go to games.

We could be talking 500 more tickets that could go to real fans.

Edited by SaintsLoyal

1 hour ago, Doctoroncall said:

I was up there in 2010 v Carlisle - atmosphere was brilliant, and still a great view. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Did tickets make it to the fans with no membership stage of sales?

yes. not too many though.

Edited by Chez

I got my tickets from stadium today and it’s gone through on my card but I haven’t had a confirmation email and it’s not showing on my recent purchases still. Anyone had the same problem? 

1 minute ago, Mixedkebab said:

Seems  a few Leeds fans have got tickets in the saints end due to buying memberships to get tickets for the St Mary’s match this season.

could be interesting if they gob off

Very odd if the Leeds end hasn't sold out

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mixedkebab said:

Seems  a few Leeds fans have got tickets in the saints end due to buying memberships to get tickets for the St Mary’s match this season.

Why ? They still have tickets for sale allegedly.

59 minutes ago, Roger said:

I got my tickets from stadium today and it’s gone through on my card but I haven’t had a confirmation email and it’s not showing on my recent purchases still. Anyone had the same problem? 

Probably me being a bit thick but I thought all tickets had to be purchased on line and you couldn't  collect from the stadium. I drove past the stadium today and there were quite a few queuing at the box office 🤔 ???

4 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Why ? They still have tickets for sale allegedly.

They are saying the criteria for them was a high number of away games, some people couldn’t meet that but could get tickets in ours due to just needing the membership with one home game attended 

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

That's proper tinpot.

Leeds will sell out very very easily and will have much higher parameters to qualify than our 'just buy a membership' requirement 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JRM said:

Leeds will sell out very very easily and will have much higher parameters to qualify than our 'just buy a membership' requirement 

I'm sure that's true. I'm just bitter I potentially missed out on a ticket because a Leeds fan took it 😅. Still, I'm acutely aware that opposition fans read through this forum so I find it fun sometimes to post things I know will wind them up. You've spoilt it now though.

3 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Yes it does matter, it’s excessive and should only be two extra. These extra ticket will go to people who hardly go to games.

We could be talking 500 more tickets that could go to real fans.

you need to stop sucking that lemon my friend! 
I know someone who works at Saints one of the cogs in the machine who hardly sees any games because they are part of putting the show on. While you are sat in your seat enjoying the game they are working behind the scenes whether it’s at SMS or the training “complex” (because that’s what it is). So if the club decide that they are going to reward staff as part of the team that got us to this game, with a treat for them, their other halves and kids, who have put up with the mood after a shit day and possibly antisocial hours - so bloody what

it’s their bat and their ball - they can do what the hell they want.

These days every ticket that’s given out by the clubs is accounted for, any that find their way into “wrong hands” can be traced and there will be serious repercussions, and that includes the players.

if you have an axe to grind question where the 20,000+ other tickets are going - not club staff. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

When do we start a thread worrying because our tickets haven't arrived in the post.  Is Thursday to soon, I guess panic sets in Friday. Knowing how the club watch the pennies Im guessing it will be second class. 😕

Edited by 64saint

31 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Why would it when they can buy tickets in ours?

I'd rather sit with my fellow fans if given the choice - I presumed that'd be the case for most!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 64saint said:

When do we start a thread worrying because our tickets haven't arrived in the post.  Is Thursday to soon, I guess panic sets in Friday. Knowing how the club watch the pennies Im guessing it will be second class. 😕

I'll start worrying if I don't have it by Friday midday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mixedkebab said:

How is this kind of thing actually enforced at Wembley - if at all? Just some 18yr old agency workers staring blankly as fights break out?

• stevegrant changed the title to Wembley Tickets - extra tickets also SOLD OUT