The Pompey Thread

jawillwill

Video going around of their players on the lash after the defeat  to Accrington…..now transpires police are now investigating after the players were turned away from another venue….and a local was found unconscious due to a altercation. Paramedics found the person unconscious. 

31 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Video going around of their players on the lash after the defeat  to Accrington…..now transpires police are now investigating after the players were turned away from another venue….and a local was found unconscious due to a altercation. Paramedics found the person unconscious. 

The piss smelling prick with the bell?

14 hours ago, Saint in Paradise said:

Just a tiny reminder that Saints have also dropped from Top, I wish Saints had only dropped to 8th rather than 17th!!!!!!!

Still a rather sizeable 39 place gap in the football world if we finish 13th.

5 hours ago, saint lard said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-57076230

The local was taken to hospital for an x-ray as Skatesmouth paramedics discovered something embedded in his head which they hadn't previously seen. This was later described by Doctors as a "brain".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Badger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-57076230

The local was taken to hospital for an x-ray as Skatesmouth paramedics discovered something embedded in his head which they hadn't previously seen. This was later described by Doctors as a "brain".

I would request a second opinion as a “brain” wouldn’t be seen by X-ray. 😀

It has been an absolute honour and privilege to have been CEO of Portsmouth Football Club. To represent this club and our supporters – I would argue some of the most loyal and passionate in the world – has genuinely been the greatest experience of my life.

Plenty more to vomit over at the link

9 minutes ago, Danbert said:

Plenty more to vomit over at the link

If it really has been "genuinely the greatest experience of his life." Why is he jacking it in? That's like filing for divorce and telling your wife she's the only women you'll ever love. The whole place is such a fetid dump of a joke, but somehow in the pikey idiot's eyes it's the bestest sleepiest giant in world football ever. Sooo much doublethink.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Danbert said:

Catlin is on his way

Half their players are out of contract, they're looking for a new "head of football operations", have a new management team, and have just decimated their academy.

So there's basically no-one left. Lol

Never have words been written that were more true!!!

Mark was then appointed CEO as liquidation was avoided and, over the next few years, existing debts of more than £8 million and annual losses of more than £1 million were erased during the recovery from administration.

Literally 'erased' by virtue of them stealing from charities etc etc.

17 minutes ago, trousers said:

Anyone got a dictionary? I'm struggling with the definition of "a club very much on the up"...

image.png.9e88aad9d433c2e7dc9805812f4c1990.png

Just checked, it means "missing out on promotion again from the 3rd division "

Alternatively known as "being utterly shit"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Mark was then appointed CEO as liquidation was avoided and, over the next few years, existing debts of more than £8 million and annual losses of more than £1 million were erased during the recovery from administration.

Pompey have always existed in an alternate reality...

The Story of Eric Stoltz in 'Back to the Future' | Geeks

14 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

and local traders and the taxpayers. I wonder what Big Penny will say about it all. Perhaps she will raise a question in the House again.

We spent big to get out of League One.

They've now been there so long they've spent even bigger not to.

That said it might be nicer there than getting hammered every week in the bigboy Championship.

They've found their level, and it's a good effort for a club that only formed in the last decade.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hmmmm. It does appear that they may not be on as secure a financial footing as some would have had us believe. 

Basically up a certain creek without a paddle. You have to think someone in the Championship is going to come in for Ronan Curtis (I know he's shit, but he's still better than a lot of the crap out there). Other than that I suppose Marquis would be a decent signing for a mid table Championship side.

With the teams in League One next season I can see them being mid-table at best. 

18 hours ago, igsey said:

Their player of the season, goalkeeper Craig MacGillivray, looks like he's refusing a new contract and leaving on a free.

I have been told the reason he is refusing a new contract is because it's much less than his old one.  Reading the other posts here I have also been told they are skint.

3 hours ago, suewhistle said:

I'm sure they are skint, but more so than any other team at that level in current circumstances? Will any of the players refusing new deals be snapped up elsewhere?

Looks like Eisner is no Liebherr!

I would imagine with the wages they pay and no crowd, they are probably more skint than anyone else in that league........

Edited by SW5 SAINT
Edit

14 hours ago, SW5 SAINT said:

I would imagine with the wages they pay and no crowd, they are probably more skint than anyone else in that league........

I really haven't much of a clue, but my point was more that if the players turn down a reduced offer they're not necessarily going to get a better one in current circumstances. Perhaps their wages reflect a slightly higher than average crowd for that division, does anybody know?

20 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

I really haven't much of a clue, but my point was more that if the players turn down a reduced offer they're not necessarily going to get a better one in current circumstances. Perhaps their wages reflect a slightly higher than average crowd for that division, does anybody know?

Well either they think they'll get a better deal elsewhere, or the prospect of another season playing for Pompey is so unappealing that they're prepared to take a wage cut to escape the fetid isle.

17 hours ago, SW5 SAINT said:

Eisner in tribute to Catlin said that he had returned a profit every year he had been CEO.  Would suggest that 1. They aren't paying huge wages and 2. Eisner isn't putting any money in.   

4 hours ago, buctootim said:

Eisner in tribute to Catlin said that he had returned a profit every year he had been CEO.  Would suggest that 1. They aren't paying huge wages and 2. Eisner isn't putting any money in.   

I imagine they are still having to pay wages that a 20k crowd would fund, which to be honest is probably only beaten by Sunderland’s......

On 11/05/2021 at 18:56, saint lard said:

No action taken, as no complaint was made. Seems they beat a student unconscious because they weren't allowed in the beer garden. :mcinnes:

7 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Pompey will only have the 8th biggest stadium in the 3rd tier next season. 

Sheff Wednesday 

Sunderland

Ipswich

Charlton

Bolton

Wigan

MK Dons

All with bigger stadiums. #tinpot

To be fair their new one (coming soon) will dwarf all of those.

Pompeytoiletbowl.png.ce5994aaf3e97d7ba7fe42d04cf347e0.png

12 hours ago, Danbert said:

I love this quote :

‘Portsmouth Football Club will again have a very, very competitive budget for the league, as has been the case for the last four seasons.

Not just a competitive budget, but a 'very, very competitive budget', some might even say 'the bestest budget'.

And yet, what have they achieved in the past four seasons with their very, very competitive budget?

9 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I love this quote :

Not just a competitive budget, but a 'very, very competitive budget', some might even say 'the bestest budget'.

And yet, what have they achieved in the past four seasons with their very, very competitive budget?

The toothless,unwashed, easily led pikeys will lap it up

• Lighthouse changed the title to The Pompey Thread