The Pompey Thread

jawillwill

36 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Apparently today is ‘David Norris Day’ in Pikeymouth, it marks the day that we gained a vital point towards automatic promotion to where we belong while they dropped two points which helped ensure that they returned to where they belong.....weird lot aren’t they?

Yep. Expiring everything to deny us a win when three points against Millwall the following Wednesday was clearly a much bigger issue. (From memory they lost one nil effectively sealing relegation?) 

Checked: Yep. And the goalscorer. Weird one. On-loan Harry Kane.

Edited by Colinjb
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Apparently today is ‘David Norris Day’ in Pikeymouth, it marks the day that we gained a vital point towards automatic promotion to where we belong while they dropped two points which helped ensure that they returned to where they belong.....weird lot aren’t they?

Happy Billy Sharp Day to you too.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

The same club that named a fanzine after a date they beat us too. Yet we are a small, insignificant bunch of farmers with no history, they’re a massive club, So successful with the most passionate and hardest fans in the country. 

• Like 2

On 08/04/2021 at 10:18, Saints foreva said:

They even have a flag for David Norris day!

If you know, you know.... how that season finished. 

Surely Saints fans put that up just to embarrass Portsmouth?!?! I mean, its just too bad to comprehend otherwise. Imagine celebrating one of your rivals most successful periods in modern history, and simultaneously your own relegation and worst period.

44 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Our Nigel doing his bit at Charlton. If he can get them into the play offs at the Skates expense, or failing that, knock em out, then happy days.

Go on my son.

Momentum is everything. Sunderland going to be in the play offs too. So rooting for Charlton now, who I always liked.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2021 at 17:14, CB Fry said:

Our Nigel doing his bit at Charlton. If he can get them into the play offs at the Skates expense, or failing that, knock em out, then happy days.

Go on my son.

He's still got that cheery infectious enthusiasm. Good luck to him

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/605321c7de27c/charlton-appoint-nigel-adkins-as-manager

• Like 1

Avram Grant has finally been given the opportunity to speak his mind on the ESL issue by the BBC.  They mentioned his management of Chelsea but forgot to say anything about his magnificient stint with the skates (they also forgot to mention him bothering the local hookers).

Here is some more from Avram Grant's chat with BBC World Service. The former Chelsea boss has speaking about the proposals and whether Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich might change his mind.

He added: "The first thing that we need to convince is the American owners because they came from a different background. And then Florentino Perez and I’m sure others will follow."

Words of wisdom indeed!

You get rid of your former captain and he comes back to score two goals against you as the bottom side beats you comfortably?...on any scale that is a disaster.

What with the ESL falling over as well it makes you wonder if Eisner's plan to be a global force by 2030 is still on track.

I'm concerned about them now, they seem a little out of sorts.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2021 at 08:06, jawillwill said:

They are playing bottom of the league again at the weekend. They couldn't lose again, could they?

That could end up as some sort of record to lose to the bottom team twice in four days. Mind you they always seem to be playing the bottom team or one thereabouts. Fix....

• Lighthouse changed the title to The Pompey Thread