The Pompey Thread

jawillwill

On 21/03/2022 at 16:38, mack rill said:

Just conserving our energy.......for sometime in the future, How far is anyone's guess.😱   

Things are looking up for you Mack, last time there was a world war you held the FA cup for 6 years. 

• Haha 1

😂😂😂

The lack of self-awareness that surrounds that cesspit of a football club never fails to astound me.

Screenshot_20220327-112752-086.png

You mean that period of time where they overspent to buy/steal "success" which is the reason why the football club that played at Fratton Park at that time no longer exists and their replacement is now languishing in division 3...?

Laugh or cry? Tricky one. 

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, trousers said:

You mean that period of time where they overspent to buy/steal "success" which is the reason why the football club that played at Fratton Park at that time no longer exists and their replacement is now languishing in division 3...?

Laugh or cry? Tricky one. 

At least most of the replies in that thread are sensible. The bloke who wrote that article seems incredibly deluded though, even their fans can see it.

• Like 1

Even the lead-in is delusional. Its not just "six years in League One". They've not been in the Championship since before the London Olympics.

They've been a lower league club for a decade (and will be until at least 2023).

• Like 1

I've read it, just usual Pompey obsession with seasons where pretty much anyone who would remember them are dead.

Woop woop we were top flight in the glory days of 1923 to 1937 etc etc etc. Meanwhile Brentford are a Premier League team right now.

Pompey are the Mrs Havisham of British football.

20 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Southampton, Brighton, Bournemouth and even Plymouth have already risen above Pompey thanks

Depends where you draw the line where South is, that is just the south coast of course! lol

• Like 1

It’s a perfect storm down there now. A glorified PE teacher in charge who the fans appear to like for some weird reason and so are happy with mediocrity. A squad of utter shite, no money, no nothing. 

Glorious. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mack rill said:

😱any chance in rushing the cricket scoreboard over to St fairy's 😎

I think it’s more embarrassing to lose at Cheltenham. Next season you will have two trips to Gloucestershire, with a mouth watering prospect of playing Forest Green Rovers in Nailsworth……

Edited by SW5 SAINT
Spelling

7 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

I think it’s more embarrassing to lose at Cheltenham. Next season you will have two trips to Gloucestershire, with a mouth watering prospect of playing Forest Green Rovers in Nailsworth……

Oh let him have this. Mack is a good bloke who we give a lot of stick to. Turnaround is fair play 😂

• Like 2

22 hours ago, farawaysaint said:

Oh let him have this. Mack is a good bloke who we give a lot of stick to. Turnaround is fair play 😂

Agree. Mack is a decent poster who will take the piss out of us when deserved and willing to accept the micky taking when the reverse happens.

Quite a refreshing change from the 'Toy Salesman' guy who posted on here some while ago.

Whatever happened to him I wonder?

• Like 2

On 06/04/2022 at 22:02, LGTL said:

It’s a perfect storm down there now. A glorified PE teacher in charge who the fans appear to like for some weird reason and so are happy with mediocrity. A squad of utter shite, no money, no nothing. 

Glorious. 

Not sure they're entirely happy with him, to be honest.

"I have not seen a Pompey away crowd turn on the players like that for a long time, singing stuff like ‘Stuck in League One forever’.

So, how do we all want Pompey's season to end?

a) Win their remaining 6 games, gloriously sneak in to the playoffs and then be dumped out in penalties again. Enough for Cowley to keep his job for another season of mediocrity.

b) Win the final six games convincingly and finish 7th contemplating what could have been. Division in the fan base.

c) get thrashed in every game for a mid/bottom half finish? (the most likely option). Boos for everyone. 

34 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

a) Win their remaining 6 games, gloriously sneak in to the playoffs and then be dumped out in penalties again. Enough for Cowley to keep his job for another season of mediocrity.

b) Win the final six games convincingly and finish 7th contemplating what could have been. Division in the fan base.

c) get thrashed in every game for a mid/bottom half finish? (the most likely option). Boos for everyone. 

Win all their remaining games and the playoffs, get promoted, fans dreaming that they're on their way back to the big time, but then finish bottom of the Champ next season and start 23/24 back in L1.

Edited by StDunko
spelling

Got to admire their owners. A lot of people come in, flashing cash around, unrealistic expectations, no plan to build solid foundations, and so on. 

These guys are slowly, methodically, implementing a 40 - 50 year plan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jawillwill said:

Win all their games and they still won’t make play offs

win all remaining games sneak into the playoffs sail through them, have some :suspicious: up front honest owner on the surface with trillions to wash who knows the right manager

(and his wizz kid computer dog)so the rollercoaster ride can start again.:smug:   

On 10/04/2022 at 15:48, spyinthesky said:

Agree. Mack is a decent poster who will take the piss out of us when deserved and willing to accept the micky taking when the reverse happens.

Quite a refreshing change from the 'Toy Salesman' guy who posted on here some while ago.

Whatever happened to him I wonder?

His mum/wife/sister/daughter (one person?) won't let him use the computer.......

On 12/04/2022 at 19:19, StDunko said:

Win all their remaining games and the playoffs, get promoted, fans dreaming that they're on their way back to the big time, but then finish bottom of the Champ next season and start 23/24 back in L1.

This scenario definitely has the highest chortle rating (xCh). Come on Portsmouth Community Football Club... we're rooting for you... time to get your rancid tinpot football club into the championship for the first time in your short history. 

Edited by trousers

On 12/04/2022 at 19:53, jawillwill said:

Who cares? They've found their level and if they leave it, it'll only be temporary.

On 13/04/2022 at 18:19, mack rill said:

win all remaining games sneak into the playoffs sail through them, have some :suspicious: up front honest owner on the surface with trillions to wash who knows the right manager

(and his wizz kid computer dog)so the rollercoaster ride can start again.:smug:   

Winning every game is unlikely to be enough. The gap is too big and would require terrible runs of form from the clubs above Pompey.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I would absolutely love it if Pompey win all their remaining games. 

End the season with 6 straight wins. Go on boys.

Please do it Pompey because it will be so utterly utterly futile.

Do it for us lads. Please 🙏 

Just watched Sky going through the table and mentioned down to one above Portsmouth and Jeff said ‘you can forget the rest’. Imagine a few webbed fingered furiously hitting keyboard or phones appalled at the lack of respect for such a giant of a club being ruled out. Was obvious a couple of weeks ago that none of their results mattered a jot as basically need 3 clubs to seize up and lose every game.

Edited by whelk
  • Haha 1

Haven't checked on this thread for some time but was scrolling through some  old screenshots I'd taken from the old "Pompey Takeover Saga" thread from around ten years ago and one of them tickled me:

Pompey Monopoly - where every square on the board says "Go to jail".
Memories, just that entire era of the thread 😂

I did want to upload the image on here for nostalgic taste but can't work out how?

16 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Haven't checked on this thread for some time but was scrolling through some  old screenshots I'd taken from the old "Pompey Takeover Saga" thread from around ten years ago and one of them tickled me:

Pompey Monopoly - where every square on the board says "Go to jail".
Memories, just that entire era of the thread 😂

I did want to upload the image on here for nostalgic taste but can't work out how?

B0E6LyiIQAA1Vbd.jpg

• Haha 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to The Pompey Thread