The Pompey Thread

jawillwill

On 26/01/2022 at 10:35, Danbert said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60125527

Their new North Stand is all set and ready to go if only the Council would do their bit and build a new railway bridge.

🤣🤣🤣

Fantasyland likening themselves to Anfield and Liverpool.  Anyway whose paying for all this - £11.5m plus an additional £50m to complete the fantasy…..?

21 points off top.

18 points off automatic promotion. 

12 points from the play off places.

10 points above the relegation zone.

They are currently closer to Solihull Moors (43 places below) in the football pyramid that they are to Saints (44 places above). Massive.

• Like 2

Got told today about the recent funeral of a work colleagues brother who was a massive Pompey fan.

They organised something Pompey related for the funeral, somehow Westwood found out about it and then just randomly turned up. He didn't know the bloke and no one there knew him, he just decided it would be ok to go along because the bloke also supported Pompey.

Weird.

• Like 2

My god ,I stupidly read Factless' report of the Oxford game. 

He really is the Comical Ali of football journalism. Yes again he knows how to rub up to the Pompey fans. 

Herosim, backs to the wall, fantastic support, even the opposition thought the player shouldnt be sent off and of course it was the refs fault etc etc

I wonder why he hasnt been snapped up by a bigger paper

• Like 1

On 08/02/2022 at 07:56, whelk said:

Totally ignoring the considering underpinning and underwriting during the pandemic - hundreds a thousands a month seemingly - added to keeping the fishing shed open which was well beyond the PST and high net worths. One of which made a joke IIRC about bits of the Milton end roof falling on Saints fans. 

Please don’t tell me this dinosaur gets the odd commentary gig with Sky? Fine for boxing commentary but stick to that.

3 hours ago, saint1977 said:

Totally ignoring the considering underpinning and underwriting during the pandemic - hundreds a thousands a month seemingly - added to keeping the fishing shed open which was well beyond the PST and high net worths. One of which made a joke IIRC about bits of the Milton end roof falling on Saints fans. 

Please don’t tell me this dinosaur gets the odd commentary gig with Sky? Fine for boxing commentary but stick to that.

He commentated on Spurs v Saints. He was distraught by the end of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2022 at 21:17, Golactico said:

'Pompey failed to muster a single shot on target as their faint top six hopes were all but ended.'

Looks like the Fun's over for another season.

That's 2 full games without a shot on target - they're on a roll

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to The Pompey Thread