Liverpool 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

Drawn against United next round. 

May as well play the reserves tbf. We’re not going through both Liverpool & United.  

We used up our luck with cup draws last season when we lost at home to 4th tier Grimsby. 

1 minute ago, Totton Saint said:

Shame for the fans who have made the long  journey  just to watch the reserves. Not a lot better for armchair viewers like me.

Fuck me didn't think of that, 5600 fans travelled to be greeted with that team news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

This is going to be like that tie at West Ham a few years ago, when everyone was furious at Ralph for putting the reserves out and we went and spanked them. 3-0 Saints, COYS!

I’m furious with the line ups 90% of the time. #Tradition

Just now, stknowle said:

I do wish the silly wankers would leave the fucking draw until after the games have been played. 

Yeah no one knows when the fuck it is and on ITV4. Before games is getting stupid and what is the point?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, whelk said:

Actually second look at that side and looks better than I initially thought

To be honest it looks like we are playing on the counter a little with pace upfront.

The defence seriously worries me though. Stephens, Manning and Bree (who I like) but he hasn't played for 2 months.

Edited by Harry_SFC

Would anyone who knows enough about Saints to travel to Liverpool to watch us really be suprised about a selection that was fairly similar to what most had predicted, what the manager has done in previous rounds and what he basically said yesterday it was going to be?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Right.....based on the fact that "kids never win anything" I've gone for "extreme experience" and our strongest possible line-up.....

Saint Garret (sorry mate - no idea if you've ever played in goal, but we're only playing a bunch of kids)

Hypo  -   Trousers  -  Whitey Grandad   -   Convict Colony

CB Fry - Saint Keef (If my knees hold up!)

Turkish  -   Pamplemouse  -  Holmes & Watson (that maybe two players....they'll never notice)

Sue Whistle (sorry mate - no idea if you've ever played as a lone striker, but give it go. We're only playing a bunch of kids)

For those of you who didn't make this team, you are still valuable members of the squad and I'm sure your opportunity will come.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!

If the Saints Web team has been resurrected I'm avaliable for 20 min sub slot. I've played walking football for Saints so know all about pedestrian style setup.

Front three is alright to be fair it's just the rest which is a bit of a joke

I just don't see why we'd throw Bree into a start immediately, and not playing THB is just suicide really. Get those two in and I'd be alright with it

Without them we barely look functional

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Not too sure about the pace of Saint Keef's experienced team up front, but that defence is letting no-one through!

Ooo, catty! Actually Saint Keef I have played the lone striker, but more your Adams than your Armstrong whilst I waited for the others to come and give me support. Different from Adams in that I also use my left foot:  for passing, tap-ins, chips and crosses. Can't manage laces. Rallyboy, of this 'ere parish can vouch that I've got the build for it!

But sadly you have identified my weakness, which is why this season I am playing in goal.. Mind you, I shall do a brisk jog to the pub to watch the game in a few minutes.

Can't say I'm hopeful (!) with that line-up..

I'll join the wrist slitting later to use up my last post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GrumpyYorkshireSaint said:

That front line has a lot to play for and prove but one can hope. Be good to see Bree back out but throwing him straight out there from the start hopefully won't backfire.

I'd bet money on him having a better game than Manning on the other side :uhoh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Right.....based on the fact that "kids never win anything" I've gone for "extreme experience" and our strongest possible line-up.....

Saint Garret (sorry mate - no idea if you've ever played in goal, but we're only playing a bunch of kids)

Hypo  -   Trousers  -  Whitey Grandad   -   Convict Colony

CB Fry - Saint Keef (If my knees hold up!)

Turkish  -   Pamplemouse  -  Holmes & Watson (that maybe two players....they'll never notice)

Sue Whistle (sorry mate - no idea if you've ever played as a lone striker, but give it go. We're only playing a bunch of kids)

For those of you who didn't make this team, you are still valuable members of the squad and I'm sure your opportunity will come.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!

We want Saint Keef out, say we want Saint Keef out. 

You dont know what your doing. You dont know what your doing..

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

When I was a nipper the FA cup was held in such regard, so special and prestigious. 
no one cares anymore.

its so devalued as a competition. It’s more of a pain in the arse nowadays. 
id be pretty pissed if I’d travelled and that starting 11 was presented to me.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

That team is gonna get smashed. 

I get that some players might need a rest but the goalkeeper, seriously?

I can live with the goalkeeper, who looked competent when he's played. And don't forget Baza's howlers, the most recent just last Saturday.

It's Manning and Stephens in place of THB and KWP that's insane. The Liverpool kids, and Gakpo, must be drooling at the prospects.

18 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Fuck me didn't think of that, 5600 fans travelled to be greeted with that team news.

It's poor really, we're in a strange phase where fans take it a lot more seriously than the manager / club. Treating like early rounds of the carabao 

Guys a fu**ing cock,  full strength team we give them a bit of a game, we're not going up automatically so we're pretty comfy in play off positions, that team is possibly the worst we've put out, completely disrespected the 6k fans who've travelled up and bottled it so much for being brave you f**king numpty

Edited by danjosaint

• Lighthouse changed the title to Liverpool 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic