Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

54 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Looks like Welington has given us the boot. Off to Torino instead?

This time of the year is always completely mad with players agents making up bullshit stories and journalists only too happy to print complete crap.

IF we are/were interested in Welington AND REALLY WANTED HIM, then there is no way Torino are guzzumping us. We would cough up the relatively small fee Torino are allegedly forking out and the wages we would offer would be far greater than Torino could offer. If he doesn't end up hear it's because it was all complete bollocks in the first place!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, redkeith said:

Jack Cork is on a free. He would be a good experienced back up to Downes , even if he only plays 15 minutes at the end of games, and covers injuries and suspensions. 

Still annoyed we lost cork all those years ago.

that said I can’t see him coming back, especially as from the sounds of it he was really frustrated at his lack of game time at Burnley last season so he’ll probably be aiming to go somewhere he’ll be a starter. 
as for ox, no thanks.
Reed though would be a good signing. Has he dropped out of favour at Fulham?

Just now, Saint Scott said:

Sounds like it's a young player, based on his replies to the tweet. Please, not another Mara!

Well from what the tweet said about a "very good offer" j wonder if its a big fee.

How old is Johnathan David? His valus has plummeted 

I had a weird dream last night. Wout Weghorst said he was willing to sign for Saints if I would give him half a million. I don't know where I got the money, but I gave him the cheque. Straight after I had buyer's remorse, even more so when Mrs. Munster found out and went ballistic.

• Haha 14

Has links to Barcelona and was linked to Everton earlier in the window. Could be a coup, or could be an agent trying to speed up a Barca move, who will play all the tricks in the book if they do want him.

36 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Guessing that's a more affordable alternative to o'riley

Doesn't really seem like it from the profile articles and video...sounds like he would more replace the type Rothwell was supposed to be: box to box but with a bit of quality.

7 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Worth noting that Transfermarkt list him as having same agent as one Flynn Downes. Wasserman

I've also seen some articles linking him to Barcelona. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, egg said:

I've also seen some articles linking him to Barcelona. 

Yeah, I’d be highly surprised if we managed to secure his signing - huge talent.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Worth noting that Transfermarkt list him as having same agent as one Flynn Downes. Wasserman

Wasserman is not so much an agent, it is a huge agency with multiple agents also representing brands, film stars, music performers etc. Kylie Minogue to join Saints. You heard it here first. 

Edited by Daft Kerplunk

More sliding tackles in that video than I saw our whole team make last season. Not a lot of ball skills or passing shown.

Dialo looked amazing in his YouTube video, so gonna reserve judgement. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Wasserman is not so much an agent, it is a huge agency with multiple agents also representing brands, film stars, music performers etc. Kylie Minogue to join Saints. You heard it here first. 

another who is past her best. Strategy of SR is clearly different in this tansfer window.  That said, she could still do a job

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

I would be stunned if their Football / Sporting agency part of the business had crossover with the music or entertainments part of the business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/lamine-camara-metzs-next-senegalese-gem/

According to this write up he is better offensively than defensively in midfield. Looks like a Stu Armstrong replacement to me. Good ball carrier and effective when playing between the lines. 

Like the sound (and the look) of Camara.    Let's hope the Saint's interest is genuine - after all, our last young, attacking Senegalese signing turned out alright!  The reported Barcelona interest is a worry though.

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Read his wiki.

Written and edited by somebody who wants Southampton to make an offer.

“Plays like Flynn Downes”. “ takes feee kicks like James Ward Prowse or Rickie Lambert….” 😎…..Looks like a wind up or a phishing exercise or both. 

Im half expecting Saints asked to send bank details and a small deposit to pay air fare in return for a free transfer…

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Read his wiki.

Written and edited by somebody who wants Southampton to make an offer.

“Plays like Flynn Downes”. “ takes feee kicks like James Ward Prowse or Rickie Lambert….” 😎…..Looks like a wind up or a phishing exercise or both. 

Im half expecting Saints asked to send bank details and a small deposit to pay air fare in return for a free transfer…

edited by someone who uses Vorboss fibre network just after 7am this morning.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Hand on my heart, I really can't see this transfer coming off.

Would be a insane signing. For our fans it would be love at first sight.

2 hours ago, Master Bates said:

Don't know anything about him but looks good on his skills video which includes a goal scored from his own half. Likes a tackle and interception and seems to have a good passing range. Only 20 and a reasonable size. Could be decent alongside Downes (if we manage to sign both).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Just as long as she doesn’t join our Neighbours instead!

• Haha 1