Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

3 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

The club clearly aren't going to be mad enough to not sign a striker. 

Indeed. SR may be stupid, but they are not idiots.

Ok, they may be idiots, but they are not drooling, imbecilic morons.

I think.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I wouldn’t know because I have a life

You were the one that made the claim about it! Strange to dismiss mainstream entertainment especially as it has overtaken other media such as film and media for revenue. In 2024 playing games is a mainstream pastime.

10 million+ people played FM24 

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You were the one that made the claim about it! Strange to dismiss mainstream entertainment especially as it has overtaken other media such as film and media for revenue. In 2024 playing games is a mainstream pastime.

10 million+ people played FM24 

I had no idea there were so many members of your nerd herd 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

I had no idea there were so many members of your nerd herd 

You've averaged nearly 8 posts every day for the last 17 years on an online forum Turkish 🙃 People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

• Like 1
  • Haha 25

4 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Selling shit players on high wages on FM isn't easy either

you could if the buying team did this.....

• Fee: £0
  • Transfer Date: Immediate
  • Installments: £1,200 total. Six installments of £200 each. 
  • After League Appearances: £2.5m after 50 games.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

You've averaged nearly 8 posts every day for the last 17 years on an online forum Turkish 🙃 People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

17 years of my insights, wit, intellect and world class banter, how lucky have you all been

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, LeG said:

I've enjoyed Reeding all the suggestions.

give us a clue, is one of the players biggest strengths harrying the opposition on the ball?

well if you fellas can leave all this personality cult chat about multiple postings ?......and let's get back to football.

SCOTT  McTOMINAY ...the 39th  player to be linked with Saints so far this summer... (yes I've been counting them all).

I recall when I first saw him play and was amazed how MU could select a player who was brutal and  aggressive, and so crude in tackling. 

His on-field performances were often disgraceful,  since when he has attained a disciplinary record nothing short of disgusting.

- not to mention the numerous red cards. Aside from the likely fee ...If Saints were to pursue him it would mean mortgaging the Stadium to pay his salary.

So my question on the issue is .....When do we sign him ?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Chez said:

Is Harrison Reed any good? 

Steady, box to box, expert at sideways and backwards IMO not much creativity. 
wont win many headers .

Played 27 games in Prem last year in a decent Fulham team

Edited by Give it to Ron

16 minutes ago, Chez said:

Is Harrison Reed any good? 

There's an interesting thread about reed from when Fulham had just been promoted. Essentially saying he's a solid defensive midfielder that is important to the for survival. Nothing fancy but does the graft so that other players can do the flashy stuff. As another option in midfield that's exactly what we missed last year and he sounds better than Charles at any rate. 

• Like 4

Just now, Give it to Ron said:

Steady, box to box, expert at sideways and backwards IMO not much creativity. 
wont win many headers .

Fulham fan saying he lacks the creativity for box to box. I think he's more of a bog standard DM which is absolutely fine with me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Fulham fan saying he lacks the creativity for box to box. I think he's more of a bog standard DM which is absolutely fine with me. 

Maybe I meant more gets around the pitch a lot then . He is a busy player and gets involved a lot can see him fitting in Russball.

i do rate Shea Charles and think he could progress if given chance.

4 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Maybe I meant more gets around the pitch a lot then . He is a busy player and gets involved a lot can see him fitting in Russball.

He needs to go on loan for consistent game time in the championship. 

Here's a nice quote from a Fulham fan from January: 

"Reed had a great game, I think he should be getting more game time than he is this season.

If we are winning with 20 minutes to go he would make the ideal sub  to tighten up our defense." 

Sone more positive reed quotes from this year: 

To echo the others: Reed always gives 100% effort, and has an amazing engine on him. We are lucky to have him.

Have always said he quickens our game  giving us more urgency.

Harrison Reed is the glue that holds the team together.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

There's an interesting thread about reed from when Fulham had just been promoted. Essentially saying he's a solid defensive midfielder that is important to the for survival. Nothing fancy but does the graft so that other players can do the flashy stuff. As another option in midfield that's exactly what we missed last year and he sounds better than Charles at any rate. 

Charles needs a season out on loan IMO, so a second DM, with Downes being the first, is needed. 

I noticed he only started 15 Prem games last season (and only 7 in the last six months) so Fulham seem to have `moved on' to a certain degree, which I guess is why he's coming to us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Matt Targett

care to expand? Are we signing him?

He's played like 3 games in two seasons. Out all of last year with serious hamstring and achilles issues. I imagine Newcastle will be very happy to get rid.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Everyone wants Charles to succeed and there is every chance he will. But hand on heart, how would you feel if he was our starting DM for the first, say 8 games? The number of games doesn't matter, but do you feel comfortable playing him, starting him in games? Cos that is what `giving a chance' means to me - playing him in Prem games in the coming season.  From what I saw last season, he was far too lackadaisical and passive. I missed the first half of the Liverpool cup game, in which he apparently played well. All I saw was the second half where our midfield was murdered.  I think he needs a season out on loan and perhaps signing reed will allow that to happen.   

20 minutes ago, Chez said:

care to expand? Are we signing him?

He's played like 3 games in two seasons. Out all of last year with serious hamstring and achilles issues. I imagine Newcastle will be very happy to get rid.

given we've just signed a left back and have Manning i'd say the answer to that would be no.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kenneth_kenobi said:

Surely £18mill is not too much for Jack Clarke, he is class!

It's great value...if he can do it in the top flight. I'm a fraction nervous about that, and the fact he hasn't been signed yet by Palace or suchlike suggests there is a little bit of doubt form Prem clubs, but that creates an opportunity for a club like us, that can't attract the very best proven players. 

In the championship he has looked very good at times, but a non entity at other times. I guess that's the same of all wingers. He reminds me a lot of Lallana in terms of style of running with the ball. Like Lallana, he lacks a yard of pace, so it's then all about making the right decisions and doing things in the right areas, otherwise fullbacks will eat you up. He's obviously a `baller', which will help us retain possession (which I think is going to be very tough in the Prem), but not sure I see the kind of vision and creative passes that Brooks showed us in flashes last season. He's got nice feet, two of them in fact, some lovely twinkle toes and he actually strikes the ball much better than Lallana ever did. However, I'd say he does run up a lot of blind alleys with his head down a fair bit. Room for improvement needed there, especially in the top flight.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Bobby De Cordova-Reid has decided to sign for Leicester 

with the signing of Fatawu for about £15m, and Mavididi and Daka they have some some pace in attack. We need our attack to be as threatening on the break, assuming we can;t control games lie we did in the Prem. Not sure AA, Adams and Fraser? are quite as threatening, but it's early days.

7 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

It’s been a real Turkish delight reading this thread. Not his finest hour 😂

Lions do not care for the opinions of gazelles.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

given we've just signed a left back and have Manning i'd say the answer to that would be no.

When posters just insert a name and nothing else, I always imagine that they have inside knowledge. I can't really see us signing two new players for any one position.   

6 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

What’s happened to the Nathan Wood signing? I thought this one was done and dusted and due to be announced too?

Also what about Saman Ghoddos from Brentford?

23 minutes ago, Chez said:

Everyone wants Charles to succeed and there is every chance he will. But hand on heart, how would you feel if he was our starting DM for the first, say 8 games? The number of games doesn't matter, but do you feel comfortable playing him, starting him in games? Cos that is what `giving a chance' means to me - playing him in Prem games in the coming season.  From what I saw last season, he was far too lackadaisical and passive. I missed the first half of the Liverpool cup game, in which he apparently played well. All I saw was the second half where our midfield was murdered.  I think he needs a season out on loan and perhaps signing reed will allow that to happen.   

Alongside the right player yes I would be ok with that but we wouldn’t be able to sign a Doucore who I think would help him along. Last season he was messed about a bit and played 3 different positions he actually did good at right back. I think there is potential in him but maybe he will be restricted to cup games next season as big jump .

As for Reed I can see the value in him but he wouldn’t be one I would get enthusiastic about.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Sounds a bit like what flynn downes did for us….😪

Edited by Matty's Caddy
Double quote

9 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Alongside the right player yes I would be ok with that but we wouldn’t be able to sign a Doucore who I think would help him along. Last season he was messed about a bit and played 3 different positions he actually did good at right back. I think there is potential in him but maybe he will be restricted to cup games next season as big jump .

As for Reed I can see the value in him but he wouldn’t be one I would get enthusiastic about.

I'm talking about him playing as the only DM, which is what we played all of last season. Do you think he can handle that? If not, then he should not be in the squad next season, and sent out on loan. 

He played right back in one game. He didn't get a long run in the side, but that was because he was pretty crap when he did play.

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

I'm talking about him playing as the only DM, which is what we played all of last season. Do you think he can handle that? If not, then he should not be in the squad next season, and sent out on loan. 

He played right back in one game. He didn't get a long run in the side, but that was because he was pretty crap when he did play.

I am hoping he isn’t the first choice as our only DM and this started about signing Reed who is obviously a better choice.

Have to agree to disagree about Charles I didn’t think he was pretty crap he had bad games but like West Brom I think it was did pretty well.

i would be ok with him in squad but we need proven and up and running for start of season given our fixtures.

2 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

I’m surprised Fraser hasn’t been wrapped up by now, assumed it would have been a simple one to confirm. Any news?

No news, but neither am I fussed about it. I don't think he'll do much in the prem.

51 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Lions do not care for the opinions of gazelles.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, SaintH said:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism.

The forum wants Turkish so i give you Turkish, you're welcome.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, bangkoksaint said:

Maybe been mentioned…………..maybe it’s Reed instead of FD?

Both would be good. Having at least one of them on the park for every single minute of the season is important; for years we've struggled when our one good DM has been out injured. "Having two good DMs" has been just as obvious a need as "Signing a new striker", but for whatever reason hasn't been done.

57 minutes ago, Chez said:

with the signing of Fatawu for about £15m, and Mavididi and Daka they have some some pace in attack. We need our attack to be as threatening on the break, assuming we can;t control games lie we did in the Prem. Not sure AA, Adams and Fraser? are quite as threatening, but it's early days.

Sulemana has a bit of pace.

15 hours ago, david in sweden said:

Emergency loan ?...surely not .  I think you'll find Caballero was bought as back-up during a " pre-season"  and stayed with us for ...two years?.

and so we need  "an extra body"  who knows what the Prem.  is all about.    Preferably a goalie with some sort of international experience. 

There is no certain date when Bazunu will return and he'll need to be a "bit better " (quality-wise) than he was in the Championship. 

Rui Patricio is available on a free, having just left Roma after losing the starting job midway through last season.

• Like 3

If we’re in the market for a CF I wonder if Callum Wilson is one we’d take a look at.

32, English. 88 goals from 221 PL games. 9 from 20 last season. Had some injuries but nothing that sounds dangerously serious.

£46k per week, valued at £13-£15m as now going into the last year of his contract and Newcastle want rid so they can sign Calvert-Lewin. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

Both would be good. Having at least one of them on the park for every single minute of the season is important; for years we've struggled when our one good DM has been out injured. "Having two good DMs" has been just as obvious a need as "Signing a new striker", but for whatever reason hasn't been done.

Sulemana has a bit of pace.

Rui Patricio is available on a free, having just left Roma after losing the starting job midway through last season.

Very good keeper. 36 so not past it, maybe well worth a 2 year deal

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

If we’re in the market for a CF I wonder if Callum Wilson is one we’d take a look at.

32, English. 88 goals from 221 PL games. 9 from 20 last season. Had some injuries but nothing that sounds dangerously serious.

£46k per week, valued at £13-£15m as now going into the last year of his contract and Newcastle want rid so they can sign Calvert-Lewin. 

47 prem goals in 95 games for Newcastle. Pretty damn good.

He was bought for £20m in 2020. Usually, a big transfer equals sizable wages. He extended his contract having scored 18 Prem goals in 22/23. If he's only on £46k a week, his agent has failed him.