Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

6 minutes ago, le_tiss said:

His Agent has other ideas 

https://x.com/TheSecretScout_/status/1808902686185607641?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1808902686185607641|twgr^c5fd6092117dd431f72b8afe8a80dba976aa1e53|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theforum365.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FTheSecretScout_%2Fstatus%2F1808902686185607641

Reports from Spain that Jaden Philogene’s agent showed up to the Barcelona unannounced, began a photoshoot in the car park, and was eventually asked to leave by security. There’s even reports that Barcelona recruitment was not even aware of the player. What’s going on 

Same agent that Odemwingie used perhaps ?

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
On 03/07/2024 at 13:59, Danbert said:

We can get an emergency loan, as we did when we brought in Caballero

Emergency loan ?...surely not .  I think you'll find Caballero was bought as back-up during a " pre-season"  and stayed with us for ...two years?.

and so we need  "an extra body"  who knows what the Prem.  is all about.    Preferably a goalie with some sort of international experience. 

There is no certain date when Bazunu will return and he'll need to be a "bit better " (quality-wise) than he was in the Championship. 

Edited by david in sweden
omission

Posted (edited)

I can't work out whether it's ominous or not how quiet it seems to have gone on Downes. Given how important to the team he was last season I would've thought that heaven and earth would have been moved to get him on the books asap.

Edited by Oldandtired
  • Confused 1

Just now, Oldandtired said:

I can't work out whether it's ominous or not how quiet it seems to have gone on Downes. Given how important to the team he was last season I would've thought that heaven and earth would have been moved to get him on the books.

I suspect it has, but our best may not match West Ham - or his - expectations. 

21 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Che adams doesn't seem as dead as gone as fans might think.

If that’s true then I pray that The Loch Ness Drogba stays fit and starts banging the goals in for us !

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

He losing a lot of money per day by not signing for anyone 

A halfway competent agent would negotiate back pay so I wouldn’t read too much into that, assuming something hasn’t been signed privately already.

52 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Che adams doesn't seem as dead as gone as fans might think.

the fact the club didn't announce he was leaving and announcing that they are still discussing a contract (not to mention the same thing happening with Macca and he signed a new deal) suggests there is a good chance he will stay. Not signing with another club on July 1st and the one club that actually showed any interest, Wolves, signing a different striker, suggests to me that Che staying is quite likely. 

If he does, as with Macca, i don't think we be signing another `first choice' for that position.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Chez said:

the fact the club didn't announce he was leaving and announcing that they are still discussing a contract (not to mention the same thing happening with Macca and he signed a new deal) suggests there is a good chance he will stay. Not signing with another club on July 1st and the one club that actually showed any interest, Wolves, signing a different striker, suggests to me that Che staying is quite likely. 

If he does, as with Macca, i don't think we be signing another `first choice' for that position.

Can't have Che as a first choice. 

Not fucking possible!

Just now, Wade Garrett said:

Why would we resign Redmond?  Extremely average and that’s being kind. 

‘Extremely average’ is a big upgrade on two players we’ve given contracts to this summer, so I wouldn’t use that as a yardstick.

57 minutes ago, Oldandtired said:

I can't work out whether it's ominous or not how quiet it seems to have gone on Downes. Given how important to the team he was last season I would've thought that heaven and earth would have been moved to get him on the books asap.

Hes literally been back training under a new manager for 3 days. Lopategui will need a few weeks to assess their options before potentially agreeing to sell Downes. Can see it being closer to the start of the season before we might see him back, if at all

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Hes literally been back training under a new manager for 3 days. Lopategui will need a few weeks to assess their options before potentially agreeing to sell Downes. Can see it being closer to the start of the season before we might see him back, if at all

Agree. The good news is they have just sent £40m on a CB, so at some point they might need to make a few bob back.

• Like 1

The fact the club didn’t do a Che leaves the club on 30th June suggests to me we are working to still keep him.

i think a clean break is what’s needed for both parties imo 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

The fact the club didn’t do a Che leaves the club on 30th June suggests to me we are working to still keep him.

i think a clean break is what’s needed for both parties imo 

I do agree, I think like you say both need a fresh start. Need some fresh blood up top. Not sure I can deal with another season of him missing sitters.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I do agree, I think like you say both need a fresh start. Need some fresh blood up top. Not sure I can deal with another season of him missing sitters.

The club clearly aren't going to be mad enough to not sign a striker. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I want to say I agree with you............but I have a horrible nagging feeling that new contracts for McCarthy and Adams would equal ''we've got our ST and GK positions sorted'' internally at the club.

Just nagging in my mind, because they've done it before.

Losing Che will at least force us to get a striker.

Edited by S-Clarke

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I want to say I agree with you............but I have a horrible nagging feeling that new contracts for McCarthy and Adams would equal ''we've got our ST and GK positions sorted'' internally at the club.

If we start the season and McCarthy and Adams are first choice my head will fall off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why would the club go through all the trouble of getting promoted and then not recognise the need for an upgrade up front? That would make zero sense. I believe your fears are unfounded. 

• Like 1

No, we want 2 strikers, And it'll be one with Adams signing a new deal.

It just puts in a place where we don't have to rush to sign a CF if Adams extends.

7 minutes ago, DT said:

Depressing. Was really hoping we’d lose Che and McCarthy. They are both terrible at association football. 

We owe McCarthy a big vote of thanks for his play off performances

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Dellyears said:

We owe McCarthy a big vote of thanks for his play off performances

do we? He's barely played for the last two years whilst being one of the top earners at the club. In fact he's only made 29 apperances in the last 3 years. He's made millions out of us and done virtually fuck all. Three competent performances in the play offs dont change that,  He made a very decent save away at West Brom in the first leg, had nothing to do in the home leg and a few routine saves at Wembley. Lets not pretend he kept us in the game against an onslaught, it was hardly Rorkes drift stuff.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

No, we want 2 strikers, And it'll be one with Adams signing a new deal.

It just puts in a place where we don't have to rush to sign a CF if Adams extends.

And it saves us money. I hope he signs. 

• Like 2

We have to remember all the terrible, terrible, statue-like performances from McCarthy too, just as much as the admittedly competent performances as he approached a potential new contract. Really, come on, Saints fans. Aim your ambitions a little higher. We really can do better.

36 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

That's what hassenhuttle thought... for like 2-3years...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, DT said:

We have to remember all the terrible, terrible, statue-like performances from McCarthy too, just as much as the admittedly competent performances as he approached a potential new contract. Really, come on, Saints fans. Aim your ambitions a little higher. We really can do better.

The thing is we can obviously afford a half decent keeper if we wanted to. We've just chosen not to because we think McCarthy is good enough. Huge risk. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

And it saves us money. I hope he signs. 

Get rid of Mara and sign a new striker.

That's a new CF, Stewart, Adams and AA who can all play that position if needed. 

• Like 1

On the debate of ex players. Wouldn't be Hojbjerg because he can't pass for toffee. Romeu probably a bit too old/slow now. Can't see JWP leaving West Ham so soon. Reed or Chamberlain would probably be the most realistic.

8 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Get rid of Mara and sign a new striker.

That's a new CF, Stewart, Adams and AA who can all play that position if needed. 

there is a reason why we cant get rid of him. He's shit, earning a lot of money and no one his level can afford him. It isnt as simple as putting him up for sale on football manager and taking the first offer you get

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

there is a reason why we cant get rid of him. He's shit, earning a lot of money and no one his level can afford him. It isnt as simple as putting him up for sale on football manager and taking the first offer you get

Tbh I'd give him away for free, let alone taking the first offer we get.  

In reality I guess the best we could hope for is he goes out on loan to a foreign league and scores a few goals. 

Edited by Harry_SFC