Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

1 minute ago, beavis17 said:

Feel like this means Bednarek is going too. 

You'd assume we'd need 5 CBs if we're playing what we did last year, so I'm hoping that's not the case.

Lyanco, DCC and ABK all to leave instead I hope.

7 minutes ago, northam soul said:

How many fucking Centre halves do we want on the payroll ffs 🤣

Apparently our offer for O’Riley is £10 million short according to Twitter and we are losing two of our young stars Gomez and Miles.

Gomes Rodrigues very disappointing, he looks an incredible prospect 

• Like 2

Saints believe they are close to signing both Ronnie Edwards, 21, and Nathan Wood, 22, on permanent deals.

Told initial fees as low as £3million each - which is an absolute bargain. Have to assume there's some other stuff in there too.

What the fuck? From Alfie.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Saints believe they are close to signing both Ronnie Edwards, 21, and Nathan Wood, 22, on permanent deals.

Told initial fees as low as £3million each - which is an absolute bargain. Have to assume there's some other stuff in there too.

What the fuck? From Alfie.

That's incredible business if true. 

• Like 1

Underwhelming on paper but I don’t care as long as they’re competent and up to it. Definitely players that could prove to have a higher ceiling should they have that mentality.

Regarding the youth players going, it’s nothing new, it’s uninteresting, they’ve gone for a pay day, if they think they’re likely to walk into a starting team by going to a big club early then they must be deluded. 
Also well don’t to the club for standing their ground and saying “you aren’t worth that”. We shouldn’t be taken for mugs.

(See Jimmy-Jay Morgan - I see he’s a Chelsea regularly now he earns £10-20K a week.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, benali-shorts said:

Gomes Rodrigues very disappointing, he looks an incredible prospect 

Agreed. Great shame. Clubs now getting in early to get their quotients up for FFP...

5 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Underwhelming on paper but I don’t care as long as they’re competent and up to it. Definitely players that could prove to have a higher ceiling should they have that mentality.

Regarding the youth players going, it’s nothing new, it’s uninteresting, they’ve gone for a pay day, if they think they’re likely to walk into a starting team by going to a big club early then they must be deluded. 
Also well don’t to the club for standing their ground and saying “you aren’t worth that”. We shouldn’t be taken for mugs.

(See Jimmy-Jay Morgan - I see he’s a Chelsea regularly now he earns £10-20K a week.

How is it underwhelming on paper? Ronnie Edwards in particular looks decent and for the money that's incredible business. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I thought it was Woods or Ronnie Edwards, not both.

That would be THB, Edwards, Bednarek, Stephens, Woods - got to assume we're losing one of our regulars? Bednarek only has a year left, so the last time to cash in if he won't sign. Stephens is also in the same boat with a year left - although there may be an option to execute in there.

Edwards is a very, very talented CB by the way. Very highly rated, very good on the ball and incredibly mature for his age. I watched a fair bit of him a year or so ago as I knew someone who was a Posh fan and at that level he stood out like gold, proper rolls Royce. 

Getting two EU21 CB's for under £10m is unreal business by the club if it's true.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I thought it was Woods or Ronnie Edwards, not both.

That would be THB, Edwards, Bednarek, Stephens, Woods - got to assume we're losing one of our regulars? Bednarek only has a year left, so the last time to cash in if he won't sign. Stephens is also in the same boat with a year left - although there may be an option to execute in there.

Edwards is a very, very talented CB by the way. Very highly rated, very good on the ball and incredibly mature for his age. I watched a fair bit of him a year or so ago as I knew someone who was a Posh fan and at that level he stood out like gold, proper rolls Royce. 

Getting two EU21 CB's for under £10m is unreal business by the club if it's true.

I'd suggest we are going to a back 5 and will need 5 CBs.

If we were to sell AbK & Bednarek then I'd stil expect a 1st choice CB to come in.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pancake said:

FWIW, Flynn was in Brentwood (Essex) today getting his hair cut. One assumes for the reveal photos 😂

He wasn’t anywhere near the butchers shop and it’s roar poultry was he? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Club is close to signing Ronnie Edwards and Nathan Woods.

I thought that Nathan Wood was absoultely shite when I saw him last season, but really excited about Edwards. Exactly the sort of profile we should be looking at. 

I do hope we're not replacing someone like Bednerak, with these 2 though - bednerak has his limitations, but was solid last season and is vastly more experienced... it would be a massive risk. 

• Like 8

If Bednarek is staying then the addition of Edwards and Wood (with ABK, Lyanco and DCC leaving) is probably an indication that we'll be employing 3 CBs regularly this season.

Would have preferred Edwards or Wood with a more experienced CB signing also, but in RM and the club we trust

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tommy Mulgrew said:

That wood be Ronnie Woods, a friend of Ross(Rod) Stewart, too.  We’ll have some pretty fancy half-time music.

Just don't let him have anything to do with the half time "refreshments"

• Haha 1

Edwards is a decent bit of business for the future, has been quite sought after by Prem clubs and is very highly rated. Both him and Wood will be “gambles” as the Premier League goes but Edwards in particular is one worth taking. With THB that’s 3 young, English CBs on board this summer. Add Stephens for leadership/experience and the only question mark is over the future of Bednarek - I hope he stays but I can understand the club wanting to cash in if he doesn’t sign a new contract, and if he doesn’t there’s every possibility we could bring in a 4th new CB. A complete rebuild of the CB department is well underway it seems.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dellyears said:

Please get rid of ABK, he doesn't want to be here, he's a waste of space when he is here,
he clutters up the first aid dept and we need the cash he's soaking up.

on the Saints mobile app, all the loan players are back listed in the team, except ABK.

Do'nt know if thats an oversight

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Nolan said:

on the Saints mobile app, all the loan players are back listed in the team, except ABK.

Do'nt know if thats an oversight

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything regarding DCC, Sure his obligation kicks in from Monday.

Interestingly Ches still on there too, But no Stuey.

Edited by SaintsFan86

Seems we still want a RB either Suga what’s his name or the Bournemouth chap.

We definitely need Downes or equivalent plus an attacking number 10 type and a forward.

At least four more to make us a little bit competitive I think ideally another midfielder and a wide player on top.

KWP, Lyanco, DCC, Tall Paul, Lis out the door so we won’t be winning a net spend title this year I wouldn’t of thought.

33 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

When was the last time we were so quick out of the starting blocks when the window opened ? 
Great stuff Saints !

But the first XI is hardly better than last year so far

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Is he really though?  Can't say I've ever seen him so I can't comment but seem to recall you went mental for Caleta Car and he was a bit shit.  He may well be fantastic (and I hope he is) but the YouTube videos don't really look exceptional in any way.  Obviously not the best way to judge a player but if anything YouTube tends to make players look better than they actually are.

These young CBs are all well and good for the SR player trading game, but are they really improving the team?

Not sure how both of them align with the previous links to Rondon and the Liverpool guy, who are (presumably) both more of a 'ready now ' profile.

So surely we're getting another, first choice CB.

I'm expecting too much, aren't I?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Cedric Soares avaliable on a free could he do a job? 

Ryan Segs for left back 

And I'd take a look at Alfie Doughty and Harrison Burrows for left back / left wing 

Downes and Jack Cork in 

Shankland up top with Ings 

And Jack Clark 

Window Completed it mate !

Edited by ally_uk
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Is he really though?  Can't say I've ever seen him so I can't comment but seem to recall you went mental for Caleta Car and he was a bit shit.  He may well be fantastic (and I hope he is) but the YouTube videos don't really look exceptional in any way.  Obviously not the best way to judge a player but if anything YouTube tends to make players look better than they actually are.

From what I have seen of him on YouTube he seems to go to ground a lot with a leg out, not sure Premier league refs are going to like that too much.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Couple of comments on Ronnie Edwards from posh fans:

Well done to the lad.

Definitely one of the most calm and skilful centre backs we have had at Posh.

Probably the most skillful centre half we have ever had, its been a pleasure to watch him develop, but its time for him to go onwards and upwards.

He's absolutley spot on for what we do in terms of playing out from the back. A very good passer. Spurs and Brighton have been very keen as well.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

the Wood youtube video that I watched also doesn't get me terribly excited. I was going to say that perhaps it's just that CBs never look that great. However, the George Nevitt (Rochdale 18 year old centre back we were linked to) looked the dogs bollocks on tape.

12 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Ryan Segs for left back 

And I'd take a look at Alfie Doughty and Harrison Burrows for left back / left wing 

Downes and Jack Cork in 

And Jack Clark 

Thank fuck you’re not in charge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

15 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Ryan Segs for left back 

Downes and Jack Cork in 

And Jack Clark 

Pretty terrible picks all in there. How many left backs do you think we need??

I'd take Jack Clarke, but I think we'd have to spend £20-25m for him and that's just too expensive when we have other areas more important.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Couple of comments on Ronnie Edwards from posh fans:

He's absolutley spot on for what we do in terms of playing out from the back. A very good passer. Spurs and Brighton have been very keen as well.

Cheers, yes, I'd noticed that Spurs were so impressed that they decided not to bid for him.

8 hours ago, SNSUN said:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/4047111

Adams makes the Premier League's list of best free transfers available

Surprised either us or another club have not announced his signing. I'd of thought it would have been all wrapped up some time ago. I guess our promotion and his involvement in the Euros will have impacted things? 

2 minutes ago, Ken Tone said:

Distant elderly relative is a lifelong Peterborough fan.  He really rates Edwards.

If he rated him so much, why didn't he make a bid for him then? FFS :wave:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2