Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

4 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

£15m guaranteed doesn't seem unreasonable TBF, assuming paid in installments.  And if any material add-ons are solely related to survival then sounds good as well

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

But what if he just wants a fresh start and a move back to London? It's entirely feasible that an all money can buy offer wouldn't tempt him as he fancies a fresh start, and we may well have had that discussion with him. He has earnt a new start wherever he feels fit in my eyes.

He gave us an extra year last year, it was ridiculous to have a player of his level in that league. He goes with my blessing. Now it's up to the club to ensure that we get the replacement bang on and don't end up with Bree starting.

IF... WHam's new manager recognises Prowsey's capabilities .....and then signs KWP as well  he'll have one heck of a right flank to build on.

They were a great partnership for Saints.  Now it's up to the clubs to agree valuations.  Apparently Spurs (supposedly) agreed to a figure of 30 mill ?...

for KWP ...IF.. it was in a deal to take Rodon in part-ex.   Not sure if WHam are on the same page, but as long as KWP goes back to any London club, he may 

end up back in the England squad after Southgate " leaves" .   Downes would seem to be a good deal for 15 mill. but we'd do well if we can get him for less. 

For such a crucial position and for a 1st team starting player proven in the system, you’d have to say £15m is reasonable and not unexpected. Clearly negotiations need to be conducted but not getting Downes over the line will severely dent our chances of staying up.

15 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Downes according to Rosser.  Seriously doubt he'd sign for them over us

Why not ? He played for them before Swansea, and it’s closer to his Essex roots. 

• Like 2

Not sure Ipswich will be able to splash 15m.... they're linked with 30m Hutchinson and although they have rich backers I don't imagine they can navigate FFP easily with their turnover and lack of player sale income

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

Why not ? He played for them before Swansea, and it’s closer to his Essex roots. 

I think playing for Martin in a style built around him that he clearly excels in would be a bigger draw, than going back to the club he started out at that. He’s a WHU fan, so the sentimental thing would be to stay there, but he clearly wants to play and I would be very surprised if he moves and it isn’t to us. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

Because he knows the players and manager here and knows he'll be a key part to how we play.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chownie20 said:

Not sure Ipswich will be able to splash 15m.... they're linked with 30m Hutchinson and although they have rich backers I don't imagine they can navigate FFP easily with their turnover and lack of player sale income

Albeit Ipswich desperately need a whole new midfield. Morsy and Lluongo are well into their thirties and Jack Taylor has mostly played in League 1.

He also left Ipswich under a bit of a cloud IIRC

Edited by chownie20
  • Like 1

Willian and Bobby De Cordova-Reid are set to become free agents next week, despite Fulham’s best attempts to keep both players, according to the Evening Standard.

There was talk of De Cordova-Reid if he didn't agree to a new Fulham deal, looks like this one may have legs if the above is true. Good free signing if we can do it, have always liked his directness.

• Like 4

Re: Charlie Taylor - Free transfer, Burnley fans will miss him, hard working solid pro who rarely let's anyone down, 30, on the face of it a solid enough signing without any wow factor but surely he has to be a better option the Manning? With Larios also to come back at some point and Meghoma probably heading out on loan again, it seems a smart enough move when we're financially challenged.

As with Ghoddos if that goes ahead, another who could stick around for a Championship stint should the worst happen to us next season. 

As for the Downes-KWP "swap", it makes sense for it to go ahead bearing in mind the KWP contract situation. We want a player, they want a player, Downes fits in our system, they get a mobile, excellent right back. As people have said, right backs are replaceable and we have been linked with a few. Downes is integral to our system so this is a no-brainer if it goes ahead, although I will miss KWP who has been excellent and loyal for us.

Edited by SNSUN
  • Like 4

Just now, SNSUN said:

Re: Charlie Taylor - Free transfer, Burnley fans will miss him, hard working solid pro who rarely let's anyone down, 30, on the face of it a solid enough signing without lacking any wow factor but surely he has to be a better option the Manning? With Larios also to come back at some point and Meghoma probably heading out on loan again, it seems a smart enough move when we're financially challenged.

As with Ghoddos if that goes ahead, another who could stick around for a Championship stint should the worst happen to us next season. 

As for the Downes-KWP "swap", it makes sense for it to go ahead bearing in mind the KWP contract situation. We want a player, they want a player, Downes fits in our system, they get a mobile, excellent right back. As people have said, right backs are replaceable and we have been linked with a few. Downes is integral to our system so this is a no-brainer if it goes ahead, although I will miss KWP who has been excellent and loyal for us.

I quite like Charlie Taylor, a bit of a boring but pretty solid PL addition for me.

When Burnley had their European season a few years back I thought he was outstanding, he always stretched their left hand side and provided some great attacking width. He may have slowed down a little, but he's full of experience and the sort of mentality you need IMO. Not a 'sexy' £40m signing by any means, but a sensible addition in our circumstances 100%.

• Like 4

Based on rumours this is where I am at currently with the players likely to come in and and our current crop;

Macca;

New RB, THB, Bednarek, Taylor;

Downes;

Smallbone, New 8

Arma, New 9, New Winger.

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I quite like Charlie Taylor, a bit of a boring but pretty solid PL addition for me.

When Burnley had their European season a few years back I thought he was outstanding, he always stretched their left hand side and provided some great attacking width. He may have slowed down a little, but he's full of experience and the sort of mentality you need IMO. Not a 'sexy' £40m signing by any means, but a sensible addition in our circumstances 100%.

We need boring. We've tried all these young hungry and guarenteed to improvers, we've tried top players from clubs in lesser leagues, we've tried signing fringe players from big clubs. We've spunked £100s of millions doing it on crap. We need a core of good solid pros who and blend them with a mix of the others, not relying soley on a groups of kids to take to the premier league like ducks to water. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Based on rumours this is where I am at currently with the players likely to come in and and our current crop;

Macca;

Downes;

Smallbone, New 8

Arma, New 9, New Winger.

Don't forget Ryan Fraser, he's pretty much a done deal I'd have thought. He'll be a strong option for the left, then De Cordova-Reid for competition on both sides.

Fraser, Edozie, SAA, Armstrong, DCR - that sort of depth with no transfer fee outlay will be pretty clever IMO.

• Like 3

To be fair, if Saints have managed to get THB, Downes, Taylor, Lallana and a new contract for the manager all sorted in the first week of preseason, that's unusually quick movement from the club. Especially given there's been talk about DeCordova-Reid coming in once his contract expires too.

Hopefully once we've picked up the frees we want, we'll know what else we still need and move on to the other permanent signings which we will need to pay out for.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

To be fair, if Saints have managed to get THB, Downes, Taylor, Lallana and a new contract for the manager all sorted in the first week of preseason, that's unusually quick movement from the club. Especially given there's been talk about DeCordova-Reid coming in once his contract expires too.

Hopefully once we've picked up the frees we want, we'll know what else we still need and move on to the other permanent signings which we will need to pay out for.

would definitely take him, another decent squad player

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Looking at the free transfers coming in and loanees being tied up, RB, Number 8 & 9 will be huge priorities.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

would definitely take him, another decent squad player

That would be 3 really good premier league level stalwarts, all with vast experience at this level and will be good with the youngsters. Shrewd.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

That would be 3 really good premier league level stalwarts, all with vast experience at this level and will be good with the youngsters. Shrewd.

Not picking on you but I love posts like this. On the face of it these are solid signings but if they don't work out there will be loads of people mocking this approach. I hope people remember their stances when the going gets tough this season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Not picking on you but I love posts like this. On the face of it these are solid signings but if they don't work out there will be loads of people mocking this approach. I hope people remember their stances when the going gets tough this season. 

I've always been a firmer believer in needing grafters and and good squad options, these aren't spectacular but the kind of players we need. Solid enough but not on long contracts either., hopefully.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I've always been a firmer believer in needing grafters and and good squad options, these aren't spectacular but the kind of players we need. Solid enough but not on long contracts either., hopefully.

as laurie once said you need violinists and roadsweepers to make a great team

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If it was a choice between Charlie Taylor, De Cordova-Reid, Fraser and Lallana on free's.....or £80m on exotic names such as Sulemana, Onuachu, Boufal and Carillo I think we all know what we'd prefer. They don't sound sexy on paper, but more often than not these are the ones that work out (As we are experts at finding out).

I remember when we signed Long and Bertrand under Koeman, seen as massively boring at the time but they turned out to be excellent additions. Stu Armstrong, Oriol Romeu, Ings on loan etc weren't seen as sexy additions at the time we got them either, but made our big money signings of the time such as Lemina and co look shit.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

If it was a choice between Charlie Taylor, De Cordova-Reid, Fraser and Lallana on free's.....or £80m on exotic names such as Sulemana, Onuachu, Boufal and Carillo I think we all know what we'd prefer. They don't sound sexy on paper, but more often than not these are the ones that work out (As we are experts at finding out).

I remember when we signed Long and Bertrand under Koeman, seen as massively boring at the time but they turned out to be excellent additions. Stu Armstrong, Oriol Romeu, Ings on loan etc weren't seen as sexy additions at the time we got them either, but made our big money signings of the time such as Lemina and co look shit.

I agree. Not to mention the uber sexy signing of gaston ramirez who was largely crap and Osvaldo. 

Hopefully we will buy two big money signings and the key is to get those two right (or use the loan market well.) 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I agree. Not to mention the uber sexy signing of gaston ramirez who was largely crap and Osvaldo. 

Hopefully we will buy two big money signings and the key is to get those two right (or use the loan market well.) 

The loan market is massive for me. We were experts at that last season, our use of that is primarily the reason we got promoted. Let's try and replicate that this year. (minus a Holgate)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The loan market is massive for me. We were experts at that last season, our use of that is primarily the reason we got promoted. Let's try and replicate that this year. (minus a Holgate)

Must be a couple of top youth players at city or Chelsea. Any attacking midfielders or strikers? 

5 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Because Football Manager is life, for no reason whatsoever, here are Charlie Taylor's FM stats as per FM Mobile 2003.

20240628_201215.thumb.jpg.8f69d55d6cad778befd9cfcc40da4a7a.jpg

If they were his stats in 2003, he must be 51 now 😳

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Must be a couple of top youth players at city or Chelsea. Any attacking midfielders or strikers? 

city owe us given the amount of money we've given them for their never gonna bes the last 5 years

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Liam Delap was mooted.....there's a loan there with an option to be had if we want it.

Amad Diallo at Man Utd another shout if we wanted more attacking depth. 

Rico Lewis (Man City kid RB) is available for loan, we could do worse than to grab him for a year if we lose KWP.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

This...100%...He was part of the Sean Dyche Burnley, which really knew how to defend. A left back that can defend!?!?...that would be nice for a change. Plus he can deliver a cross, which would make us a bit less one dimensional if we can get Ross Stewart firing (understand RM might not be happy about crossing...and the Loch Ness Drogba needs to be fit...but I'm hoping for both...)

23 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Macca;

Downes;

Smallbone, New 8

Arma, New 9, New Winger.

If it's based in rumours, then Sugawara, Che and Ghodoss look strong candidates to be part of the squad. DeCordova-Reid maybe too.

Macca
Sugawara THB Bednarek Taylor
Downes
Ghodoss Smallbone
AA Adams Fraser

Lumley
Bree Stephens ABK Manning
Charles
Aribo Lallana
Edozie Stewart Sulemana

Wright
Abu, Larios, Meghoma
Bragg, Alvarez, Djalo
Dibling, SAA, Mara/Ballard, DeCordova-Reid

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Liam Delap was mooted.....there's a loan there with an option to be had if we want it.

Amad Diallo at Man Utd another shout if we wanted more attacking depth. 

Rico Lewis (Man City kid RB) is available for loan, we could do worse than to grab him for a year if we lose KWP.

No thanks to delap unless he's our backup option. Diallo would be good though. 

12 minutes ago, Chez said:

If it's based in rumours, then Sugawara, Che and Ghodoss look strong candidates to be part of the squad. DeCordova-Reid maybe too.

Macca
Downes
Ghodoss Smallbone
AA Adams Fraser

Lumley
Charles
Aribo Lallana
Edozie Stewart Sulemana

Wright
Abu, Larios, Meghoma
Bragg, Alvarez, Djalo

That first choice Central midfield and attack is proper crap. 

13 minutes ago, Chez said:

Macca
Downes
Ghodoss Smallbone
AA Adams Fraser

Lumley
Charles
Aribo Lallana
Edozie Stewart Sulemana

Wright
Abu, Larios, Meghoma
Bragg, Alvarez, Djalo

25 points

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Scott said:
Osayi-Samuel ile bağlantılı olarak, sanırım KWP'nin ayrılmasıyla çift namlulu isim numaralarını korumamız gerekecek. 

Bıçakla sahaya giren bir taraftarı da sağ kroşesiyle devirmeyi başarmış gibi görünüyor.

Asmarcatr is a Twitter account that spreads completely false news. By the way, the attacker did not have a knife in his hand.