Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

30 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

talkSPORT are suggesting this is Saints

spacer.png

We were linked to him before. A very Saintsy signing, even moreso with only a year left on his contract.

Doesn't shout 'EPL starter' but does shout 'player trading'!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

this is where we've gone wrong in the past, trying to be clever, thinking of resale value rather than what job they can do now. Buying cheap and buying twice. I want us to bring in a core of experienced, proven players to give us a solid base then we can blend the youngsters in with them. It was no surprise our best seasons have been when we've had an experienced spine, players like Fonte, Bertrand, Steven Davis, Shane Long who had all been around a while, then blend them in with a mix of younger players and decent signings.

The centre back situation was ridiculous when we were in the premier league last time, we were crying out of a captain/leader figure but we must have spunked getting on for £70m on shit players hoping they'd be the new Van Dijk when Fonte left, you cant tell me between 2017 and 2023 there wasn't a single proven premier league centre back available for less than £10m we could have signed who would have filled his gap.

Dawson or Jonny Evans would have been my choices at that time

in other news

We can exclusively reveal that Ben Johnson (WEST HAM) will be joining Ipswich Town immediately in the next day or two. He has turned down a 5 year deal by West Ham and will be joining the Tractor Boys as they return to the Premier League. Johnson was on the brink of accepting a new deal but it appears Ipswich have offered him a great contract with clear first team opportunities.

• Like 1

Edwards is short for a centre back (5'11) which is seemingly the reason he has been hyped for ages but nobody has moved for him.

As a fourth choice to effeectively replace Holgate from last season he could be a decent option that would likely retain value even if he doesn't make it at PL level.

THB, Bednarek, Stephens, Edwards (hypothetically). Not the best pool for PL level but mix of youth and experience plus the ones we already have are at least good, committted professionals.

That said, its Crook so likely Saints aren't in for him.

Edited by Dusic

THB, Rodon, Bednarek, Edwards, and Stephens would not be a bad group. Sure we could do better but there's 3 experienced players and 2 real talents. I like it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkSFC said:

THB, Rodon, Bednarek, Edwards, and Stephens would not be a bad group. Sure we could do better but there's 3 experienced players and 2 real talents. I like it. 

I expect it will be Rodon or Edwards, not both. 

• Like 1

The Offer from al -shaheeb to Che is apparently worth up to £130k pw including performance bonuses. 🤪

Considering the standard of player he’d be actually PLAYING against there it’s not such a bad gig compared to sitting on the bench somewhere cold and rainy in the Midlands for less money. 

Andriy Lenin. 25 yrs old. 1.91cm ( ie giant) Ukraine national Goalkeeper in final year of contract. Been loaned out 3 times. Now back at Real Madrid again but won’t be a starter. Transfermkt has him at €25m but he is in final year so I think that’s negotiable. Salary current €2.5m ( c £50pw) 

What a coup that would be and he has resale value also. 

0.5/100 he would join Saints but that would be a fucking statement…

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gio1saints said:

Andriy Lenin. 25 yrs old. 1.91cm ( ie giant) Ukraine national Goalkeeper in final year of contract. Been loaned out 3 times. Now back at Real Madrid again but won’t be a starter. Transfermkt has him at €25m but he is in final year so I think that’s negotiable. Salary current €2.5m ( c £50pw) 

We tried to sign him last year but negotiations kept stalin’.

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

5 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

How does he set his corners up? Zonal or man Marxing?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

He would be obvious first choice gk. Our biggest signing ever since Shilts in that role and boy what a sigh of relief for everyone to know we have got that guy at the back in goals. Massive confidence inspiring move ahead of the season. We can but dream though as he obviously wants a bigger than SFC club move - apparently wanted pay parity with Courtois who is apparently on €15m pa!

Two signings- one at CF and one at GK to be statement signings. Top quality starters. Thats what I’d like to see. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

Not so sure, especially if he wants to play 3 at the back. 

Last year we had Stephens, THB, Bednarek and Holgate. We have lost Holgate so unless we sell another one we aren't going to sign two cbs. 

Edited by hypochondriac

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Last year we had Stephens, THB, Stephens, Bednarek and Holgate. We have lost Holgate so unless we sell another one we aren't going to sign two cbs. 

Stephens finding out he's been playing alongside Stephens....
Spider Man Pointing At - Spider Man Pointing Png, Transparent Png ...

Edited by Nolan
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gio1saints said:

The Offer from al -shaheeb to Che is apparently worth up to £130k pw including performance bonuses. 🤪

Considering the standard of player he’d be actually PLAYING against there it’s not such a bad gig compared to sitting on the bench somewhere cold and rainy in the Midlands for less money. 

If I was Che's agent I'd be concerned about that bit 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

If I was Che's agent I'd be concerned about that bit 😂

Usually playing in the Euros increases a players value. Not sure in Ches case, not criticising him as he had no service at all

1 hour ago, gio1saints said:

nearly 2cm's is the size of my cock and my wife has never described that as giant

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Edwards is short for a centre back (5'11) which is seemingly the reason he has been hyped for ages but nobody has moved for him.

As a fourth choice to effeectively replace Holgate from last season he could be a decent option that would likely retain value even if he doesn't make it at PL level.

THB, Bednarek, Stephens, Edwards (hypothetically). Not the best pool for PL level but mix of youth and experience plus the ones we already have are at least good, committted professionals.

That said, its Crook so likely Saints aren't in for him.

The Peterborough chairman is on Talksport every 5 mins, so wouldn’t surprise me if there was truth in it.

Fabio Cannavaro was only 5ft 9 and won the World Cup and Ballon Dor 😉 

31 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

The Peterborough chairman is on Talksport every 5 mins, so wouldn’t surprise me if there was truth in it.

Thiago silva is 5'11", as are Nathan Aké, Marc Guehi and David Alaba

Puyul is 5'10"

Mascherano 5' 8" as well.

I wouldn't dismiss a 5'11" defender based on height.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, gio1saints said:

at  1.91cm I'd be worried he may get carried off by ants.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

this is where we've gone wrong in the past, trying to be clever, thinking of resale value rather than what job they can do now. Buying cheap and buying twice. I want us to bring in a core of experienced, proven players to give us a solid base then we can blend the youngsters in with them. It was no surprise our best seasons have been when we've had an experienced spine, players like Fonte, Bertrand, Steven Davis, Shane Long who had all been around a while, then blend them in with a mix of younger players and decent signings.

The centre back situation was ridiculous when we were in the premier league last time, we were crying out of a captain/leader figure but we must have spunked getting on for £70m on shit players hoping they'd be the new Van Dijk when Fonte left, you cant tell me between 2017 and 2023 there wasn't a single proven premier league centre back available for less than £10m we could have signed who would have filled his gap.

There is nothing I would like more than to sign a statement striker. But unfortunately it takes more than just money - Unless you have wheelbarrows full, which FFP won't allow us. 

Remember what happened with Cody Gakpo. We'll be the 'smallest/least sexy' of 5 clubs in the running and we'll loose out.

(Either that or we're reliant on the mentalist religious nut we're signing scoring the correct number of goals in the game where god gives him a sign 😔 🙄 😆

Unfortunately the chances of us pulling another Potters Heron seem unlikely

Edited by Patches O Houlihan

1 hour ago, ErwinK1961 said:

He got this pretty right, clearly a fan of RM.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23824420.peterborough-owner-makes-bold-prediction-defends-russell-martin/

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dusic said:

That's a great article, and particularly the comments reading with hindsight. 😁 Reads like SaintWeb did for most of the last 10 months!

Came out the morning of the home game against Leeds when we put 3 past them and started the 25 game unbeaten run.

40 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Yeah saw that and thought is this good news and please tell me we have reduced his wages and it's a 1 yr deal or something.

Goalkeeper contracts have been our undoing for years.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, gio1saints said:

There was talk of him signing a new contract but he kept Putin it off

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Realist said:

Glad Perraud has gone.  He nearly ran me over before a game outside SMS as he was too busy looking at his phone. Liability on and off the pitch.  We can do so much better.

Bastard. Stick him on the list...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bugenhagen said:

Glass half full: this is as backup 

Glass half empty: there is no such thing as a glass half full

A terrible decision to add to a decade of completely fucking up goalkeeper appointments. I hope a decent one is coming in because this is a truly terrible decision. If true. Closer to relegation than before this decision 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Alex McCarthy would be decent to keep, IF we didn’t already have Joe Lumley.

Sentimentality aside, he wasn’t good enough for the Premier League, neither was Che Adams. Let them go and clog up someone’s wage bill elsewhere.

Same with Bednarek, Stephens and unfortunately AA. Though I'd give AA another go in this division because I don't think he was used properly last time.

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Same with Bednarek, Stephens and unfortunately AA. Though I'd give AA another go in this division because I don't think he was used properly last time.

Bednarek operated very well in the prem at times. 

• Like 5

We are reignited our attempts to sign Manuel Benson from Burnley.

Mainly so we can get a sponsorship with Bensons for Beds to get beds for all the crocks we keep being linked with. 😜