Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

So as things stand at the moment our starting 11 vs toon assuming 5 at the back for this will be.

Lumley

KWP, JS, THB, Bednarek, Manning 

Charles, Aribo, Smallbone

Stewart     Arma

Subs from,

Bree, Perraud, Lyanco, DCC, Kotchap, Charlie, Lallana, Kamaldeen, Tall Paul, Dibling, Sam Amo and Meghoma.

Have I missed anyone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, northam soul said:

So as things stand at the moment our starting 11 vs toon assuming 5 at the back for this will be.

Lumley

Stewart     Arma

Subs from,

Bree, Perraud, Lyanco, DCC, Kotchap, Charlie, Lallana, Kamaldeen, Tall Paul, Dibling, Sam Amo and Meghoma.

Have I missed anyone?

7-0 to Newcastle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Lumley

Stewart     Arma

Subs from,

Have I missed anyone?

What a pointless post. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Lumley

Stewart     Arma

Subs from,

Have I missed anyone?

The fucking Alamo! 

It seems that transfers and players signing new contracts drag on for longer these days, or is it because you used to find out about a new signing as it happens or only in a news article a day or so before. It is probably to do with the media and the fact we have access to 24 hour media, but it drags on for a long time these days, or so it seems. 

Can someone just refresh my memory, what is the problem with Alcaraz just returning and fighting far a place here. He had enough about him to show some promise, yes he made some howlers as well but had plenty of potential for a 20 year old..

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

Can someone just refresh my memory, what is the problem with Alcaraz just returning and fighting far a place here. He had enough about him to show some promise, yes he made some howlers as well but had plenty of potential for a 20 year old..

Home to Plymouth in what I believe was his last game he scored a cracker! He has the potential but does not seem to fit RM style of play or the system. 🤷🏽 

5 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

The problem appears to be RM and his staff have no patience with him cos he’s not great at ball retention and working back…..apparently. 

13 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

He is a give and go type of player. 
RM is about ball retention and shape

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

He doesn't use the ball well enough for me, lacks discipline, and I can't see where he'd fit in the RM system - I wouldn't play him as a CF, he's not a winger, not a CM, but arguably he could play off a CF in a 352. 

• Like 1

I'm not opposed to Rodon and it could set up a good partnership with THB for years to come. However, with the club now targeting experienced players, I think the best position we could fill with an experienced player would be the centre-back position to mentor THB. Similar to how Fonte assisted Lovren, Alderweireld and Van Dijk on their way up. Craig Dawson at West Ham and Wolves is an example as he was/has also been impressive and he's a less glamourous, yet experienced head in the back line.

I know we sort of have Stephens and Bednarek to fill that criteria, but we all know Stephens has his limitations while Bednarek isn't the greatest of leaders.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

I'm not opposed to Rodon and it could set up a good partnership with THB for years to come. However, with the club now targeting experienced players, I think the best position we could fill with an experienced player would be the centre-back position to mentor THB. Similar to how Fonte assisted Lovren, Alderweireld and Van Dijk on their way up. Craig Dawson at West Ham and Wolves is an example as he was/has also been impressive and he's a less glamourous, yet experienced head in the back line.

I know we sort of have Stephens and Bednarek to fill that criteria, but we all know Stephens has his limitations while Bednarek isn't the greatest of leaders.

23 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Just now, Dellyears said:

We've got our own Stephens for dedication commitment and enthusiasm and we've got Bednarek for length of career and international experience. What more do we want? Don't forget anyone we sign will hope and expect to play

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

The problem appears to be RM and his staff have no patience with him cos he’s not great at ball retention and working back…..apparently. 

He is a creative player with flair, just the sort that RM doesn't like.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, northam soul said:

Lumley

Stewart     Arma

Subs from,

Have I missed anyone?

God, that subs bench is full of names I'd erased from my memory due to trauma.

• Haha 2

Oh ok, so from the comments, Alcaraz doesn't play rusball style. Shame though as he did have a certain something and with the right development could have been a bit special. 

I still think that even if your football is possession based and disciplined you still need someone who can provide a bit of magic and imagination.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

https://x.com/tfinsider/status/1804601628055711808?s=46

Could be worse, Ipswich linked with Alexis Sanchez. Guess he'll take up a large chunk of their budget and deliver very little.

Almost as nuts as when Bolton tried to sign Rivaldo. Would be a weird one but probably sell a few shirts and unlike us Ipswich genuinely need a bit of PL experience in the door.

2 hours ago, Oldandtired said:

He is a creative player with flair, just the sort that RM doesn't like.

He gave the ball away too often. Simple. It won't work at the top level

• Like 1

5 hours ago, northam soul said:

Lumley

Stewart     Arma

Subs from,

Have I missed anyone?

image.thumb.png.fb98c88219ba2100def1aa991dc8f147.png

• Haha 7

47 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Good, ABK can leave - as can any of the players that buggered off on loan.

It’s not so much the going out on loan I have an issue with it’s the downing tools in our relegation season. ABK wasn’t up for the fight, he disappeared a few times with mystery injuries when the going get tough. We’re going to be in a relegation battle this season I don’t think he’s the sort of character we want in the squad. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

On the face of it seems like a quality signing and we wouldn't be able to justify having him and KWP so you're probably right. 

Unless we’re going KWP on the left to save money

That's an exciting link for a change!

My Dutch mate thinks he's class and said he was expecting him to get a better move. 

Bittersweet on KWP though unless we're planning on him being on the left permanently, both as wing-backs.

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Obviously not going to play a rb out of position all season. 

Best chance of getting into the England squad but I’d agree, he’s a top half PL RB for me, I wouldn’t accept playing out of position all season when I can go elsewhere and likely earn more than we can offer. 

You’d expect our sales pitch to KWP would be building the team around him. He may well have let us know he won’t be signing an extension and then it’s up to us to manage that effectively. Be gutted to lose him though, love him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Unless we’re going KWP on the left to save money

This is the only way I can see a scenario where we keep him if we sign this Japanese lad.

Unfortunately I think he’s off.

6 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Best chance of getting into the England squad but I’d agree, he’s a top half PL RB for me, I wouldn’t accept playing out of position all season when I can go elsewhere and likely earn more than we can offer. 

You’d expect our sales pitch to KWP would be building the team around him. He may well have let us know he won’t be signing an extension and then it’s up to us to manage that effectively. Be gutted to lose him though, love him.

He's been brilliant and is imo already a legend for staying last season. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

image.thumb.png.fb98c88219ba2100def1aa991dc8f147.png

Well done I would never of guessed that would be the case.

It was to see our available squad and what needs to be done.

I would imagine that most of our business especially in the getting rid department will be done at the end of the window.

On that basis it is not too far fetched for this to be our opening day squad bar one or two additions.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

This is the only way I can see a scenario where we keep him if we sign this Japanese lad.

Unfortunately I think he’s off.

Aren't the current Prem rules that we need to buy an inflated priced academy player from a side before they sign KWP? ;) 

Edited by SuperSAINT
  • Haha 2