Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

Definitely a change in profile of targets from the past few windows. SR are still a 'player tradning' operation of course, so I expect we will sign a youngster or two will signifcant sell-on potential.

But nice that PL experience seems to be the immediate requirement.

• Like 2

Makes sense that a lot of these earlier links are frees with experience too, given these deals need to be tied up first due to their contracts expiring in nine days time and it then means the recruitment team know exactly what still needs adding and how much budget they can spend in fees to get it all done.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Makes sense that a lot of these earlier links are frees with experience too, given these deals need to be tied up first due to their contracts expiring in nine days time and it then means the recruitment team know exactly what still needs adding and how much budget they can spend in fees to get it all done.

Please is there any news, or even a rumour, of a possible goalkeeper?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CSA96 said:

he's not bad and on a free too. O'Hare we've been interested in for a while and i think Breaton-Diaz would be a very good bit of business.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Greedyfly said:

If free then fine. I wouldn't be wasting money on another aging, and very average pro though. 

Yeah…unsure…31 year old winger doesn’t get the juices flowing much, but who knows, he could be another Fraser and full of energy?

6 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Yeah…unsure…31 year old winger doesn’t get the juices flowing much, but who knows, he could be another Fraser and full of energy?

Got 8 goal contributions in about 20 games worth of minutes. That's a very decent return tbh.

Edited by SaintsFan86
  • Like 1

Just now, SaintsFan86 said:

Got 8 goal contributions in about 2p games worth of minutes. That's a very decent return tbh.

As @Turkish said, if it’s a free probably a no brainer, but I suspect there’s more than a little agent work going on if there’s a contract offer from Fulham.

Coventry cost themselves a pretty penny not selling Callum O’Hare in January. Gamble on getting playoffs cost them maybe £3-£5m on him alone. Now they get nothing and he goes from ( apparently)  £10k pw to a lot more plus a sign on fee. Happy days for him if he gets a chance in the EPL or with one of the relegated teams most likely. 

3 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Brereton-Diaz loan with an option, same as Sheffield United just had, seems like a no brainer.

Just had a good goalscoring rate at a really poor team and it'd still allow us our two PL loan spots.

As i mentioned before Sousa (?) Sheff utd midfielder got most tackles won and interceptions if my memory serves me right. So he may be a decent option

• Like 1

If we target some good value PL experience and know-how e.g free transfers and loan with option etc and it then gives a bit more financial power for 2 or 3 difference makers then I think thats a sensible approach.

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

If we target some good value PL experience and know-how e.g free transfers and loan with option etc and it then gives a bit more financial power for 2 or 3 difference makers then I think thats a sensible approach.

Yeah, agree.  We need quality AND quantity - on a budget. Loans & free’s were always going to be part of the mix.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tommy Mulgrew said:

Another 18 year-old:

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/06/20/premier-league-malick-junior-yalcouye/

Malick Junior Yalcouye.

Looks a promising player.

Are all these young players being talked about with one eye on developing in the championship season after next? Because surely they're not gonna be what we need to help us stay up in the PL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gio1saints said:

Coventry cost themselves a pretty penny not selling Callum O’Hare in January. Gamble on getting playoffs cost them maybe £3-£5m on him alone. Now they get nothing and he goes from ( apparently)  £10k pw to a lot more plus a sign on fee. Happy days for him if he gets a chance in the EPL or with one of the relegated teams most likely. 

He is apparently going to Spain. 

6 hours ago, gio1saints said:

I can see O’Hare ending up at Leicester or somewhere like that.

I’m not opposed to us being linked with players for low fees, I think SR have learnt a thing or two from their last stint in the Premier League. 😅

43 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I can see O’Hare ending up at Leicester or somewhere like that.

I’m not opposed to us being linked with players for low fees, I think SR have learnt a thing or two from their last stint in the Premier League. 😅

good little footballer. Impressed me a lot, especially in the Cov FA cup games. Not certain he will shine in the Prem, but hope he gets a stab at it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

doesn't excite me either, however Reid did grab the eye a little during his time at Fulham in the Prem. I'd like us to sign Carvalho, but is a below average Prem player better than a guy that looked good in the championship?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Seems so unlikely after they’ve offered zero fee previously aside from paying his wages for another loan.

Exactly, the Turkish clubs know we will end up giving them Onuachu on loan at the end of the window so pretty sure thats exactly what will happen.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Seems so unlikely after they’ve offered zero fee previously aside from paying his wages for another loan.

Whilst I'm also unconvinced this tallies, it's worth noting it doesn't say it's Fenerbahçe.

14 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Exactly, the Turkish clubs know we will end up giving them Onuachu on loan at the end of the window so pretty sure thats exactly what will happen.

Which is a remarkable deal given his goal return.

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Thought they refused to pay €10m, let alone €15m and players

13 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Thought they refused to pay €10m, let alone €15m and players

I saw another tweet from someone else saying it wasn't feberbache. Personally don't believe it. 

Edit: the twitter account has said its besiktas. 

Edited by hypochondriac

Beşiktaş is the club that officially made the offer to Southampton. If the black-whites transfer Onuachu, they will give Javi Montero, Mustafa Hekimoglu and Emre Bilgin to Göztepe. Mustafa will come to Göztepe on loan. Official talks were held last night.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Turkish said:

he's not bad and on a free too. O'Hare we've been interested in for a while and i think Breaton-Diaz would be a very good bit of business.

Saints have to be looking at Brereton-Diaz alongside the other targets. Cast iron no brainer. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Saint Scott said:

There is no way we’ve gone from struggling to get a Turkish side to offer anything remotely near what we want asking price wise, to a club giving us the fee we want and 3 players to our Turkish team.

Edited by EBS1980
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EBS1980 said:

There is no way we’ve gone from struggling to get a Turkish side to offer anything remotely need what we want asking price wise, to a club giving us the fee we want and 3 players to our Turkish team.

I mean, he scored 15 goals in 21 games, so I'm sure there's interest in a purchase. 

This is the guy who posted the rumour.  Updated today, translated is:

Beşiktaş is the club that officially made the offer to Southampton. If the black-whites transfer Onuachu, they will give Javi Montero, Mustafa Hekimoglu and Emre Bilgin to Göztepe. Mustafa will come to Göztepe on loan. Official talks were held last night.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

There is no way we’ve gone from struggling to get a Turkish side to offer anything remotely near what we want asking price wise, to a club giving us the fee we want and 3 players to our Turkish team.

Depends on how the £15m is structured.

it might be, half a crown now, £5m if he wins the B’allon Dor, and £10m if he bangs Taylor Swift

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Absolutely no chance a Turkish club pays that sort of money for a transfer. 

Just googled it and I think it would be their second biggest transfer outlay of all time so seems rather unlikely, particularly with three players in exchange. Much more likely to be something like 7 million imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

How does that work, Goztepe in effect getting a portion of the transfer fee for a Southampton player. That won’t show up in our FFP account…….

55 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Depends on how the £15m is structured.

it might be, half a crown now, £5m if he wins the B’allon Dor, and £10m if he bangs Taylor Swift

You’d like to think there’s a better chance of the second variable.

26 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

How does that work, Goztepe in effect getting a portion of the transfer fee for a Southampton player. That won’t show up in our FFP account…….

Maybe we get €15m, and Goztepe pay somewhere up to €15m for three besiktas players?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

You’d like to think there’s a better chance of the second variable.

It’s not going to happen. Swift was spotted in ‘Spoons last night necking 9 pints of Bishop’s Finger. Duckie has it sewn up!

2 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Your really trying to manifest this signing chez, keep going

aha.

I failed with Nicolas Jackson, wasn't given enough time to press home my desire for Kvaratskhelia and am slightly relived Beto and Scamacca didn't bear fruit, but this is the one. He has a £34m release clause, but there's been no takers at that price and Braga need to sell. The only issue is other `bigger' clubs might take a punt is their first choices go elsewhere. Shankland and Brereton are more realistic and might be just what we need, but always like a `exotic' signing.

• Like 1