Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

55 minutes ago, Dman said:

Genuniely, we should be playing him up top as a 'false 9' or an old school 10, just behind a number 9. 

Get him in the final 3rd and tell him not to worry about tracking back. 

We’re talking about Charly Alcarez not fucking Lionel Messi. I like Charly but he’s not even close to being good enough to be classed in the “luxury player” bracket. 

• Like 4

Besiktas manager, Van Bronckhorst wants Joe Aribo this summer. The Turkish club will make contact regarding conditions soon [@gurkanborangil]

Southampton are interested in the return of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. The #SaintsFC academy graduate wants to come back to England [@gurkanborangil]

Southampton have lost out on one of their ‘top targets’ due to being too slow, that’s according to Danish outlet Bold. Goalkeeper Patrick Pentz has signed a four-year contract with Danish club Brondby, joining the side on a permanent basis from Bayer Leverkusen [Bold]

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

Get to fuck, this is getting silly now 🤣

Have to wonder if it’s worthwhile employing a scout or head of recruitment, just let someone run through an A-Z of recent Saints players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Just as an aside as i know no one ever cares about it except us to do deals but does the transfer window open on Friday ?

Which is weird as we've already lost out on one of our top targets (allegedly) because we were too slow!

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Which is weird as we've already lost out on one of our top targets (allegedly) because we were too slow!

Who was that ? 

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Chris Lines, Brian Howard, Matt Holland, John Halls, Elliot Ward - the ITK 'almost signed' top 5.

Matt Elliott and the piper lad are keen to boost their pension pots as well!

2 hours ago, disconnect said:

Guaranteed when Lallana, Ox, Ings, Lambert, Fonte, (or any other player over 30 who once played for us) the stadium will start blasting The Boys Are Back In Town.

I'm not sure I gave it in me for another Skacel transfer saga. I'm not even sure if he signed the first time...

59 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Chris Lines, Brian Howard, Matt Holland, John Halls, Elliot Ward - the ITK 'almost signed' top 5.

57 minutes ago, Stu Man Do said:

Matt Elliott and the piper lad are keen to boost their pension pots as well!

All of the above are lodging at Martin O'Neill's house in Winchester.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Surely there is a place for Brian Stock, Mido and Javi De Pedro in that list. Especially De Pedro with that lunatic Spanish guy that started posting relentlessly about him around that time. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Surely there is a place for Brian Stock, Mido and Javi De Pedro in that list. Especially De Pedro with that lunatic Spanish guy that started posting relentlessly about him around that time. 

Javi and saf? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Apparently Besiktas have started negotiations with Aribo.

This would surprise me, he's a decent squad option.

Hopefully this is a load of nonsense. Aribo is a key part of our plans.

• Like 1

Upgradeable squad option is Aribo. S. Armstrong, Downes and Smallbone (rightly or wrongly) were always favoured over him last season. Injuries saw his minutes increase and he didn't put a foot wrong, but if we need to trim some of the squad fat to get genuine upgrades, especially in the middle of the pitch in the starting eleven then I would be okay with the move. Trading Aribo out for Ox would be pointless because the latter can't stay fit.

13 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Upgradeable squad option is Aribo. S. Armstrong, Downes and Smallbone (rightly or wrongly) were always favoured over him last season. Injuries saw his minutes increase and he didn't put a foot wrong, but if we need to trim some of the squad fat to get genuine upgrades, especially in the middle of the pitch in the starting eleven then I would be okay with the move. Trading Aribo out for Ox would be pointless because the latter can't stay fit.

I'd rather we shifted the squad dross in Sulemana and Mara before we go after Aribo, you can rely on him at least - the less said about the first 2 the better.

• Like 3

When Aribo was going through his less mobile than a freighter phase with us, J recall Martin saying they'd had an open chat about his future. I think his high wages were mentioned. Now bumped back up, they may still be pretty high for SRs liking. He's back towards his best since then.

That said, it would seem silly to let him go. As it stands, he's a starter. He's going to be a very useful squad player, even if we bring others in. Contracted until 2026, so no rush there either.

7 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Apparently Besiktas have started negotiations with Aribo.

This would surprise me, he's a decent squad option.

Glad he had his renaissance in the Championship, but I don't see him running a Premier League midfield

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Danbert said:

Glad he had his renaissance in the Championship, but I don't see him running a Premier League midfield

He's one of the few players that has a song though, the new Northam wall will need him 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Badger said:

Who was that ? 

12 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Besiktas manager, Van Bronckhorst wants Joe Aribo this summer. The Turkish club will make contact regarding conditions soon [@gurkanborangil]

Southampton are interested in the return of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. The #SaintsFC academy graduate wants to come back to England [@gurkanborangil]

Southampton have lost out on one of their ‘top targets’ due to being too slow, that’s according to Danish outlet Bold. Goalkeeper Patrick Pentz has signed a four-year contract with Danish club Brondby, joining the side on a permanent basis from Bayer Leverkusen [Bold]

Caught napping with our trousers down ONCE AGAIN

Cannot believe the dither and delay we are showing in not signing some goalie we've never heard of. Signed for the club he's just spent the season on loan to RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSE*

FFS

Edited by CB Fry
*in Denmark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Cannot believe the dither and delay we are showing in not signing some goalie we've never heard of. Signed for the club he's just spent the season on loan to RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSE*

FFS

* in Sweden  CB ?     If correct ...where and when ?

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

FFS

It's even more unfair when you consider they did it BEFORE the transfer window has even opened.  Not sure who's running the club these days to make such a balls up.

How we can let our 'top targets' be poached like that is beyond me.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I'd rather we shifted the squad dross in Sulemana and Mara before we go after Aribo, you can rely on him at least - the less said about the first 2 the better.

Revisionism a bit there mate. Sulemana has looked dangerous in the Prem before, Aribo only ever looked good in the championship.

58 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Sulemana has looked dangerous in the Prem before

Did he?

Apart from Liverpool at home last match of that dreadful season when he was presumably trying to impress potential suitors what game/games was/were that then ? 

• Like 4