Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

Sounds like he’s out of favour for the time being. I’d say that’s pretty damning for him.

RM said that players have built up a chance but they’ve very quickly blown any good will they had.

Big opportunities for a number of players.

Ryan Manning, who many saw as RM’s non-biological son, doesn’t even make matchday squads at the moment. 

27 minutes ago, SherborneSaint said:

There look to be rumours of bids having been accepted for KS. Anyone know anything more about this? He is in the same boat as Mara for me. Potential is there, but it is not happening at Southampton 

Not heard anything. Where are you getting this from?

7 minutes ago, saintant said:

Not heard anything. Where are you getting this from?

Seen it pop up on some twitter feeds. We accepted a loan from Benfica last week, but his work permit was denied so that fell through.

Apparently we've now accepted a loan bid from Galatasaray, with an option to purchase. But he doesn't want to move to Turkey so the club are trying to convince him.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Ajax would be great!  Although there's a risk he won't get much playing time there like ABK last year

I think he'd probably have better luck - mainly because Ajax are, in fact, not PSV where ABK was on loan. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, josebaiw said:

I think he'd probably have better luck - mainly because Ajax are, in fact, not PSV where ABK was on loan. 

Sheesh mate... Nowhere did I say he had been.  He was, however, loaned to a Dutch team and not played.  I think most people would have been able to infer that's what I was getting at

It's a real shame because Kamaldeen has the raw materials to be a top player. Maybe he just can't or won't learn the finer parts of the game so he's simply a speed merchant with nothing else in his locker. Mane was raw when we signed him but he was a quick learner and clearly hungry to succeed - I don't see that in Kamaldeen but maybe one day he'll prove most of us wrong and turn up playing scintillating football for a top side but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Good for all parties currently, to see them move. Ideally a few others can go out on loan to get some game time. Edozie for example and one of Bree, Manning Larios.

Manning is definitely the most likely I'd imagine.

17 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Sheesh mate... Nowhere did I say he had been.  He was, however, loaned to a Dutch team and not played.  I think most people would have been able to infer that's what I was getting at

ABK didn't play because he was injured, That's the short of it.

1 hour ago, Barsiem said:

Ajax would be great!  Although there's a risk he won't get much playing time there like ABK last year

Bella-Kotchap had a long term injury at PSV, that is why he didn't play much.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, saintant said:

It's a real shame because Kamaldeen has the raw materials to be a top player. Maybe he just can't or won't learn the finer parts of the game so he's simply a speed merchant with nothing else in his locker. Mane was raw when we signed him but he was a quick learner and clearly hungry to succeed - I don't see that in Kamaldeen but maybe one day he'll prove most of us wrong and turn up playing scintillating football for a top side but I wouldn't bet on it.

The only raw material Kamaldeen has is pace. Not seen anything else yet to get excited about.

Mane, whilst being raw, had speed, skill and could finish - had a couple of excellent seasons in a respectable league before joining. There are light years between the two at the beginning of their saints careers.

Edited by ErwinK1961
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

The only raw material Kamaldeen has is pace. Not seen anything yet else to get excited about.

Mane, whilst being raw, had speed, skill and could finish - had a couple of goals excellent seasons in a respectable league before joining. There are light years between the two at the beginning of their saints careers.

Sulemana this summer is still younger than Mane was when Mane joined Saints. Many wrote Mane off early on and yet he was older at that point than Sulemana is now!

It isn't just pace, Sulemana also has the ability to beat players at ease. The stats back that up. Consistency and the final ball let him down, but to write him off as purely pace doesn't hold up.

Also if he was as poor a player as many make out, it wouldn't be a team like Ajax signing him.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Sulemana this summer is still younger than Mane was when Mane joined Saints. Many wrote Mane off early on and yet he was older at that point than Sulemana is now!

It isn't just pace, Sulemana also has the ability to beat players at ease. The stats back that up. Consistency and the final ball let him down, but to right him off as purely pace doesn't hold up.

Also if he was as poor a player as many make out, it wouldn't be a team like Ajax signing him.

You could see in Mane first few appearances there was something there.

I was at Arsenal away and he looked good in that game.

Sulemana has been given multiple chances and playing in the Dutch league doesnt mean he can hack it in the Prem or will when he returns.

A loan is good for all as he won’t get picked.

Edited by Give it to Ron
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It isn't just pace, Sulemana also has the ability to beat players at ease. The stats back that up. Consistency and the final ball let him down, but to right him off as purely pace doesn't hold up.

He didn’t exactly shine in The Championship where he should have had 80% of those defenders on toast.

He should have made himself undroppable, but he either has an attitude problem or he’s all pace and nothing else.

No loss at all I’m afraid 

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

All of those things are true, and the Dutch league may help him stand out as the Danish did and I was surprised Celtic weren’t interested. He did OK last season but 25 appearances (with the serious hamstring injury), three assists and no goals, he’d have been looking for more. A £22m player at Champ level should be like a cheat code. He’d do OK in the PL but Fraser is a more reliable option with greater experience and a fit Cornet is significantly superior.

He’s a £10-15m player in the current market, someone with more football experience with Rasmus (not difficult admittedly as that’s practically everyone on here) wouldn’t have paid £22m.

Edited by Gloucester Saint

42 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

ABK didn't play because he was injured, That's the short of it.

He missed a lot yes, but was still available for selection for over half the season.  He got less than 3 full games of minutes in the first team, and didn't complete 90mins in any game.  Certainly not what we would have hoped when we loaned him out

15 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

To be comparing Sulemana and Mane is laughable. Sulemana made little to no impact against Championship defenders and showed no discernable skill, footballing intelligence, or end product.

Can't see where anyone has compared the two. I made a reference to Mane but not a comparison.

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

1. No he isn’t, they’re the same age

2. Do you know what Mané had done by Sulemana’s age? Scored 31 goals for Salzburg (plus numerous assists). What’s Sulemana done? Clocked as the fastest player at the World Cup in 2022 👏

3. A team like Ajax? You mean the team that finished 5th in a 3 horse race last season?

4. The stats that matter show he is nothing but a pace merchant with no final third ability.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

👏

4. The stats that matter show he is nothing but a pace merchant with no final third ability.

Wait what website are you using it sounds like you are using a  proprietary algo, maybe share with the scouting department it would save us a fortune 🤣

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Ajax are still playing in a relatively weak league, even though they're a big name as a club.

The problem myself and others have with Sulemana is his lack of footballing intelligence. He's similar to Edozie in that regard.

You can be the quickest footballer ever, but if you don't know how to utilise that pace then it's all a bit pointless. He can beat a man, he can take on players, but more often than not there is nothing at the end of it. If he wasn't as quick as he is I doubt he'd have ever made European football from that right to dream academy. 

Last season, in the 2nd tier of English football, was his opportunity to showcase his pace against lumbering Champ CB's, but he didn't do anything. One of the last chances he had was in that utter shit show at the King Power, we wilted in the 2nd half of that game and he was one of the main culprits of downing tools - and that's likley why he's not been trusted since.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Ajax are still playing in a relatively weak league, even though they're a big name as a club.

Eredivisie is ranked #6 in UEFA, below France and above Portugal. For comparison Scottish premiership is ranked #17.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

The problem myself and others have with Sulemana is his lack of footballing intelligence. He's similar to Edozie in that regard.

You can be the quickest footballer ever, but if you don't know how to utilise that pace then it's all a bit pointless. He can beat a man, he can take on players, but more often than not there is nothing at the end of it. If he wasn't as quick as he is I doubt he'd have ever made European football from that right to dream academy. 

Last season, in the 2nd tier of English football, was his opportunity to showcase his pace against lumbering Champ CB's, but he didn't do anything. One of the last chances he had was in that utter shit show at the King Power, we wilted in the 2nd half of that game and he was one of the main culprits of downing tools - and that's likley why he's not been trusted since.

I'll be genuinely interested to see how he does in that league.  Assuming he passes a medical.

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Do you actually go to games or just go on FM stats? The difference between Sadio and Sulemana in their first 20 odd games is chalk and cheese

4 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Right him off, or write him off? Can’t stand poor english.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

He didn’t exactly shine in The Championship where he should have had 80% of those defenders on toast.

He should have made himself undroppable, but he either has an attitude problem or he’s all pace and nothing else.

No loss at all I’m afraid 

Exactly my thoughts. All this talk of raw potential, still young etc etc, he should have tore the championship up last season, but he didnt and in fact he looked very mediocre.

Hopefully he does well at Ajax and we can recoup some of what we paid for him, because right now it doesnt look like he has a future here

Feel like I can always understand us going for players like Sulemana, because just a little bit of improvement on their end product can see you making huge money. 

Unfortunately he never really showed any signs of doing that, and a £25m~ player making as little of an impact in the Championship is embarrassing.

Hopefully we've loaned him to a good league, he performs well and we end up getting £15m or so back. Whether that's the option Ajax included or from elsewhere.

Whilst it’s a chance of recouping the money on sulemana I do like him and think he could have still came good . With how things are going under Martin atm losing players like Alcaraz and sulemana leaves a funny taste with me .. under a different manager  and play style which could happen soon  both could have potentially thrived . At least Fernandes is looking great to compensate for Alcaraz leaving though .

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Whilst it’s a chance of recouping the money on sulemana I do like him and think he could have still came good . With how things are going under Martin atm losing players like Alcaraz and sulemana leaves a funny taste with me .. under a different manager  and play style which could happen soon  both could have potentially thrived . At least Fernandes is looking great to compensate for Alcaraz leaving though .

Lucy?

• Haha 2