Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Got lots of time for Adam Blackmore. Good commentator, good liaison and contact to have between the club and the fanbase and isn’t afraid to sit on the fence with his opinions.

Equally isn’t willing to jeopardise his contacts just for cheap clicks and RT’s. 

Many on Twitter act like they’re a club informant nowadays when it comes to transfer dealings. Last summer was hilarious to read, so many ITK’s, all barely going through puberty. 

Stick with Adam Blackmore, Alfie House etc.

What the h...

That's it!

Trousers is Blackmore! Blackmore is Trousers!

Trousers is a man!

Oh my God... Trousers is a man!

• Haha 6

We have a lot of work (improvement) to do. Our squad is already a great deal weaker than it was a few weeks back, for the team that finished 4th

going to be an interesting summer

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bugenhagen said:

What the h...

That's it!

Trousers is Blackmore! Blackmore is Trousers!

Trousers is a man!

Oh my God... Trousers is a man!

Well sure, or he'd be called Skirt or Leggings.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

Not necessarily……….clearly you are not married 🤨

To Trousers? Not that I know of. 

But married? Yes...

fc0b192e1a5c4e85a4981d146cb7a7f0.png

OK this isn't my wife because 1) this girl has bigger boobs, 2) she's smiling and 3) she looks up for it. Subtle differences. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

17 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Adam Lallana & Danny Ings both joining Alresford golf club...make of that what you will.

Seems a very odd choice of club.. especially as one of them lives nowhere near and has choice of plenty of ‘better’ clubs nearby.

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

But married? Yes...

OK this isn't my wife because 1) this girl has bigger boobs, 2) she's smiling and 3) she looks up for it. Subtle differences. 😛

Assume she’s leering at an XL Black Forest Gateau! 🧁 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

But married? Yes...

Please use ai picture generation purely for sexy nuns, we are gonna need them from August 

• Haha 1

I imagine Ings and/or Lallana are both done but they're waiting until after England bottle the Euros to announce it so they can put "Football may not be coming home...But this fella is!!" Or something.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I imagine Ings and/or Lallana are both done but they're waiting until after England bottle the Euros to announce it so they can put "Football may not be coming home...But this fella is!!" Or something.

They might even be waiting for the transfer window to open (14th) at least for Ings. 

18 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Adam Lallana & Danny Ings both joining Alresford golf club...make of that what you will.

Ings still lives in Winchester. Nothing to see here. 

14 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

We need a good functioning and disciplined team to play this style, the difference alone between KWP and the other fullbacks shows the difference in quality between premier league v champs.

Putting figures on what will get us to that point is tricky be we all know the positions we feel are non negotiables to be reinforced v's those where we might buy someone if a good deal can be had.

To put that team together i really dont see us signing established premier league players or even those being released from bigger clubs as they will be hunting money.

I expect to see us try the south american market again, look for a few gems worldwide and mould the team early (not burnley early though)

Russ needs to make some decisions on who to move on, who they'd listen to offers for of those who cant be effective in this style (sully, charly etc) or is this a bullshit assumption and will russ change his style in the premier league with a more nuanced approach to possession football given the expectation we wont have it as much?

I would't raise your hopes too high if negotiating new contracts with McCarthy and Adams is the height of their ambition.

18 hours ago, Hatchy said:

How about Loris Karius  , think he's being released from Newcastle . About 31 I think , not had much game time recently but could be a good price 

His Missus makes Mara's mum look like Susan Boyle.

She's top quality, him not so much. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Famously no Ipswich, Leicester or Leeds players ever play golf.

I have it on very good authority that Leicester were made to stand and watch the staff play golf on the course which they have at thier training ground. 

11 hours ago, The Kraken said:

I don’t necessarily disagree but 6 goals in 14 PL games for an utterly shit team is a very good haul. Broja got that over a whole season for us and he’s still well thought of in many quarters.

Didn’t Bereton Diaz play with AA for Blackburn?

19 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

I can’t wait to see their golf swing celebration together 

Personally not against Brereton-Diaz. Did very well at Blackburn playing right across the front and can finish well with both feet.

Managed to score 6 in 14 in PL for a hapless Sheff Utd.

Has international experience and is only 25 still with something to prove.

Hasnt worked out (yet) at Villareal but that happens and before he went there he was quite coveted.

Whoever we sign there will be some question marks over otherwise they would go or be at more established PL clubs, but could be a solid option.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Personally not against Brereton-Diaz. Did very well at Blackburn playing right across the front and can finish well with both feet.

Managed to score 6 in 14 in PL for a hapless Sheff Utd.

Has international experience and is only 25 still with something to prove.

Hasnt worked out (yet) at Villareal but that happens and before he went there he was quite coveted.

Whoever we sign there will be some question marks over otherwise they would go or be at more established PL clubs, but could be a solid option.

To be fair, extrapolated over a season that's about 15 goals which is a decent return. I wouldn't be too upset if he came in. 

Ings will come be announced with the new kit..... 

Comes out WWE entrance style, new kit shades on 😎 

Theme song 🎵 

Innnnnnnnnnnnnngs can only get better!!!! 

Shirt sales through the roof 🤣

PR team hire me 

• Haha 2

I really liked Brereton when he was at Forrest. He was only about 18 then, didn't score too many goals, but had decent touch, held the ball up well and looked a threat. I had seen him him play quite a few times and suggested him on the HCDAJFU thread about five years ago.

It took him quite a while before he turned his promise into goals, but in the 2021-22 season at Blackburn he scored 22 in 37 league games, 22-23 season it was 14 in 43.

At Villareal last season he failed to score in 14 league games (and another 6 cup games), hence them being happy to loan hm out to Sheffield United.

If he is selected for Chile (he played both games in March 2024 - coming on off the bench both times, and 10 games in 2023), they have Copa America qualifying fixtures in September, October, November and March, which might not be ideal. 

If Che resigns, I'm not sure we'll be looking for another striker.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chez said:

I really liked Brereton when he was at Forrest. He was only about 18 then, didn't score too many goals, but had decent touch, held the ball up well and looked a threat. I had seen him him play quite a few times and suggested him on the HCDAJFU thread about five years ago.

It took him quite a while before he turned his promise into goals, but in the 2021-22 season at Blackburn he scored 22 in 37 league games, 22-23 season it was 14 in 43.

At Villareal last season he failed to score in 14 league games (and another 6 cup games), hence them being happy to loan hm out to Sheffield United.

If he is selected for Chile (he played both games in March 2024 - coming on off the bench both times, and 10 games in 2023), they have Copa America qualifying fixtures in September, October, November and March, which might not be ideal. 

If Che resigns, I'm not sure we'll be looking for another striker.

Then we'll be going down. I love Che, but he's not a first-choice striker at this level and I'm putting even less faith in Mara and Stewart

• Like 4

22 hours ago, SNSUN said:

real madrid liverpool GIF by Televisa Deportes

I'd much rather get Dubravka if they sign a new keeper/consider Pope number 1.

Dubravka is class, no idea why they brought Pope in (who's also good, but they already had a good keeper).

14 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Forest are in for Adams.

I saw that on social media as well, rather amusingly one of the comments from our 'fan' questioned why we are letting someone so important go for free. Thus the club is 'clearly asset stripping' and we're skint, or something equally daft. Someone doesn't understand contracts I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Forest are in for Adams.

He should definitely go there. (*prays*)

Then he can hit the woodwork all day (*gets coat*)

Not wholly against Ings if it's a freebie back up to actually looking at players who haven't played for us before! (guess it may be lazy journo/agent links, but jeez)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

Then we'll be going down. I love Che, but he's not a first-choice striker at this level and I'm putting even less faith in Mara and Stewart

I read that as Moira Stewart. Could probably score more goals tbh

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I saw that on social media as well, rather amusingly one of the comments from our 'fan' questioned why we are letting someone so important go for free. Thus the club is 'clearly asset stripping' and we're skint, or something equally daft. Someone doesn't understand contracts I guess.

Someone doesn’t understand how bang average he is more like.

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Forest are in for Adams.

I still get a kick out of thinking about Forest signing so many players that summer - that some of their signings didn’t even make their 25 man squad 😂

• Haha 1

My word, there’s silly season and then there’s the above ramblings. I think I’ve gone from euphoric after the final to thoroughly underwhelmed at the rumours so far (not counting THB as we had him already). Anyone else reckon we’ll get taken to the cleaners for Downes and Fraser?

3 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

My word, there’s silly season and then there’s the above ramblings. I think I’ve gone from euphoric after the final to thoroughly underwhelmed at the rumours so far

Saints - turning fans bipolar since 1885

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SaintLondon said:

Ings isn't signing. 

I agree, I think the stories are lazy journalism. I don't think Ings has an agent just now, and his wage is too high. From his perspective he'd be better staying at West Ham

It looks like FFP is biting. Forest, Everton, Aston Villa, Leicester, Chelsea and Newcastle reported as having to sell players before June 30th to avoid potential points deductions. Apart from the really big fees there could probably be deals available further down the scale. Broja, Fraser for example.

8 minutes ago, James G said:

I agree, I think the stories are lazy journalism. I don't think Ings has an agent just now, and his wage is too high. From his perspective he'd be better staying at West Ham

Or even not playing at West Ham.:mcinnes: