Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

4 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

The irony of Edozie not being able to make up his mind what to do before he runs out of time/space is not lost on me...

post of the season. Congraluations sir.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Saints4Prem said:

Sky Sports reporting Cornet deal is done

Taking that with a pinch of salt as they are so far out of the loop it's not even funny

(Blackmore just tweeted that it's on as I sent that)

Edited by SambaMaverick

Reiss Nelson move to Ipswich falling through is good news. Fulham got him. Looks like Ipswich failed in Broja too. Hope Cornet comes through for us. Really happy about Fraser and so chuffed with Ramsdale. But wow. Keeping KWP is right up there with the best business. Might he sign a new deal with us? Or just walk free next season?

Edited by DT
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

He could go on loan to Goztepe then if we wanted him to get game time.

he'd have to want to go there. Players have lives.  Not all of them can or want to spend 6 months living in a hotel in Turkey.

1 minute ago, Elmore Saint said:

Broja deal hijacked by Everton. Loan and £30m obligation! Mad…

so he's not injured?

will be very interesting to see if he is a busted flush as some have suggested on here.

Ipswich lost Reiss Nelson and Armando Broja in the final 20 minutes of the window. Nelson going to Fulham on loan instead and Everton hijacked their move for Broja - loan and compulsory purchase in 2025 for £30m.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I echo Turkish's Congraluations.

2 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

How the hell we have kept KWP for the second season running is just incredible. Sign a new deal Kyle, stop this messing about 🤣

It's excellent news - even better if he signs a new contract. It only has to be for an extra year - that would do!

2 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

🚨 The deal sheet for Maxwel Cornet to join Southampton on a season-long loan from West Ham went in in time & he should be officially announced soon #saintsfc @AdamBlackmore

Splendid. I think we're a right winger short (if AA is to be a striker as Martin wishes) so Cornet being able to play there means not piling too much pressure on SAA too early.

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

So it's Turkey, Belgium or sitting in our reserves till January for Edozie then. 

I don't mind him staying - it's not great from a financial perspective but it helps with squad strength and despite his end product sucking, I still like him. A loan would have been good for him but it means more strength in depth in attack off the bench.

• Like 1

I had TalkSport on in the background earlier, and there were coherent fans for both Leicester and Wolves who seemed pretty dispirited, underwhelmed and predicting relegation.

Everton have got to be in the relegation conversation and I heard pundits describing Ipswich's window as reminiscent of Forest and the Loadsamoney Fulham failure window. ~ "They've signed 8 players who will expect to be starters, but they are surely still favourites to go down"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

he'd have to want to go there. Players have lives.  Not all of them can or want to spend 6 months living in a hotel in Turkey.

Players also have careers. His will stagnate if he makes 5 sub appearances this season. 

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

so he's not injured?

will be very interesting to see if he is a busted flush as some have suggested on here.

Thought I heard he was going to be out for 12 weeks. 

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

I echo Turkish's Congraluations.

It's excellent news - even better if he signs a new contract. It only has to be for an extra year - that would do!

Splendid. I think we're a right winger short (if AA is to be a striker as Martin wishes) so Cornet being able to play there means not piling too much pressure on SAA too early.

I don't mind him staying - it's not great from a financial perspective but it helps with squad strength and despite his end product sucking, I still like him. A loan would have been good for him but it means more strength in depth in attack off the bench.

I can't see him making the bench to be honest. 

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

If he beats your laughter score there's no disgrace in that. Pete Sampras didn't cry when he was usurped by the young up and comer Federer. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Cascadia Saint said:

Wow, 30 million is crazy. I know we liked him when he was here but has he ever really shown anything more than a vague promise?

I'm sure it can't be an obligation can it? Surely it's dependent on not getting relegated. To do otherwise would be madness. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I'm sure it can't be an obligation can it? Surely it's dependent on not getting relegated. To do otherwise would be madness. 

It's an option. Confirmed on SSN.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If he beats your laughter score there's no disgrace in that. Pete Sampras didn't cry when he was usurped by the young up and comer Federer. 

I laughed loudly when I read it. Lets hope the lols are legitimate this time and not a fraudulent attempt to steal my crown 

8 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Fuck me, if that full £20m gets realised then it would break the Championship record. I'd laugh at Birmingham, but that's not really funny for the state of the game.

Truly obscene, and what pressure on the lad. A kid still finding his way. 

2 minutes ago, chownie20 said:

Well. 

Not sure we could have done a lot more in thah window. Spot on.

Tall Paul and ABK still here too for now...interesting!

and Sulemana... imagine if we were able to achieve some sort of coaching breakthrough and we see in a game what we see glimpses of in training videos

I guess I chose the wrong night to quit sniffing glue 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Hopefully the Cornet deal will get done 🤞

We have until 1am to get the deal done with the deal sheet in. Seeing as this was first announced yesterday I would be surprised if we don't get this over the line, unless he fails the medical. Assuming the club is just getting all the pressy bits done ready for the unveiling.

If I were Russ I'd sit down with those that haven't gone and tell them they have a clean slate. Buy in to the team and you can earn the right to play.

Anyone who's not bought in, let them train alone and move them on in January.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

and Sulemana... imagine if we were able to achieve some sort of coaching breakthrough and we see in a game what we see glimpses of in training videos

I guess I chose the wrong night to quit sniffing glue 😕

Will anyone go after ABK now that people know about the heart issue? Problem is we signed 3 CBs in the summer and he would be our sixth - that's us over stocked there, although he is arguably better than all of them simply based on talent alone. TP offers us something different up front than we don't have and is a proven scorer most places he's ever been. Sulemana has pace (but little else). TP and ABK on paper improve us but I think all 3 will go - either in the next few days to clubs whose windows are still open or in January. We've signed a lot of players this summer and I suspect we would want to get the wage bill down.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Fuck me, if that full £20m gets realised then it would break the Championship record. I'd laugh at Birmingham, but that's not really funny for the state of the game.

As mad as it is for Birmingham to be spending that sort of money on a player in League One, however well he did on loan the previous season, how good must the Fulham financiers be feeling tonight, for getting top dollar for a player that may or may not make it - especially in these days of PSR.

Brilliant transfer window - (fuck me a decent keeper), Downes, (fuck me KWP not leaving), THB signed, Sugawara, a rated DM brought in (lets see but we've been crying out for it), Fernandes, Archer and BBD etc, plus some youth and experience

I am also absolutely delighted Fraser is back.

Gives us a chance, over to RM to sort his tactics out

• Like 2