Master Bates

16 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

That's his song sorted anyway

Bang bang! 

> Cornet delivers a reducer slide tackle to dispossess their flashy winger

> Every fan in the Northam stamping their feet in time to the Bang Bang:

🎼Bang, Bang Maxwel's Silver Hammer came down upon his head

🎼Bang, Bang Maxwel's Silver Hammer made sure that he was dead

(Younger Saints fans should check the Beatles back catalogue - its a cracking tune about a serial killer)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Telegraph saying Crystal Palace have made Odsonne Edouard available to loan at very late notice, obviously signing Cornet means we are out of the running

Shame, i would have taken Edouard over Cornet

18 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Telegraph saying Crystal Palace have made Odsonne Edouard available to loan at very late notice, obviously signing Cornet means we are out of the running

Wasn't Edouard the alternative option (similar price range at least) when we signed Che? Both turned out to very average.  Sometimes you can't even blame the club...there simply aren't good options available at certain times in certain price brackets 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Wasn't Edouard the alternative option (similar price range at least) when we signed Che? Both turned out to very average.  Sometimes you can't even blame the club...there simply aren't good options available at certain times in certain price brackets 

Was it not the alternative to a. Armstrong?

• Like 1

Just now, derry said:

SSN Saints agree deal to sign Maxwell Cornet.

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/deadline-day-live-summer-transfer-window-closes-at-11pm-tonight-in-england-and-scotland?postid=8204355#liveblog-body

Cornet undergoing Southampton medical

Latest from Sky Sports News reporters Dharmesh Sheth and Mark McAdam:

Southampton have agreed a deal with West Ham to sign Maxwel Cornet on a season-long loan. 

The versatile left-sided player is undergoing a medical with Saints.

However, Southampton are conscious of their squad size so require players to leave before Friday's 11pm deadline.

• Like 1

SSN says Cornet is the third player today to head to Saints? Ramsdale and Cornet the only two announced aren't they, am I being thick or did SSN just let slip that another deal has been done without being announced?

Just now, Saint_clark said:

SSN says Cornet is the third player today to head to Saints? Ramsdale and Cornet the only two announced aren't they, am I being thick or did SSN just let slip that another deal has been done without being announced?

They've been talking about Fraser.

• Like 1

Was it the young lad from America on a sort of trial basis? Buck I think.

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

We signed Tino this morning...

received_1034656321458091.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, saintant said:

Was it the young lad from America on a sort of trial basis? Buck I think.

I got impression would be under 21s squad looks really decent from last years highlight real on YouTube 

31 minutes ago, lambtiss said:

Shame, i would have taken Edouard over Cornet

I wouldn't. Edouard is pretty poor. Cornet hits the heights of his Burnley days and we mighty create some chances for Archer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Has he been confirmed then or have they let one slip by saying Cornet is the third?

They've been talking about it as if they expect it to be done.

Has he been confirmed then or have they let one slip by saying Cornet is the third?

Neither confirmed, plus Buck fro USA on loan for U21 initially until January then decision on transfer.

2 minutes ago, derry said:

Neither confirmed, plus Buck fro USA on loan for U21 initially until January then decision on transfer.

Good to see we haven't completely given up on spending on youth prospects, but looks like we have gone for those with first team experience this time but from less glamorous clubs than City.

• Like 1

Ryan Fraser I’m guessing over the next couple of days depending if he is released or transferred prior to the window closing.

Maxwell Cornet gives us something new.

Begs the question who doesn’t make the Premier League 25 man squad.

Paul Onuachu I’m sure will be sold by the Turkish deadline (later date I believe).

Armel Bella-Kotchap - honestly who knows. I don’t think he’d have played on Wednesday unless he had an imminent transfer. 

Please bring in a #9 before the end of the window then I think we would have got all areas covered and I think it would be a pretty solid window. Can't rely on the Loch ness Drogba this season. He will be a Brucey Bonus if he a) returns to full fitness and b) is able to perform at Prem level given he has in essence jumped from L1 to the Prem.

Without the option for a Prem loan now, and without shifting any of the deadwood it's unlikely to be a purchase at this late stage so would leave the prospect of it being a foreign loan or a player who is currently or will shortly be without a club... Can't see it happening but still holding out hope something comes about late on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

Looking very unlikely we will be signing a striker then given there are no links what so ever. Shame as that would've made it a very very good window indeed. 

Yeah, I'm guessing that's it for us other than any outgoings. Very good window for us so let's see how we do.