Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

8 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Ings on a free hypothetically would you be happy with that or should we be aiming higher striker wise?

I mean if Ings came in and gets the goals that keeps us up it's job done and brandy and cigars all round.... 

We are building a squad for the future as well as the now. Unfortunately Ings doesn't fit either category, if he did he wouldn't be going for free

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Was £140m+ in their previous PL season and we went down. 😉😇

But yes, no one can say Sport Republic haven't been spending big money.

Far better window this. Really good signings in and out. Might be the best window I can think of since Poch/Koeman.

New England's season is likely to end in two games (too far off to make MLS playoffs, I think) so they will be in their off-season until March time. So this is a glorified trial for the lad and we just have to make a decision by the end of January as to whether we're going to buy him or send him back

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Apparently that brings Saints spending over this window to £103m.

That's a significant outlay, can't say that SR didn't give it a good go.

Yeah, over to Russ to actually have a go in games now 

Asked a friend who lives in the States and watches a tonne of MLS for his reaction: He's good. Like really good. England youth international but speaks with a real strong American accent, which is pretty funny. 

Says he isn't anything flashy but he stands out as a very mature, composed centre mid. Good range of passing, plays some great deep passes for wide players and forwards, just very tidy and high IQ for his age. Worth a trial for an English side to see how he stacks up against their own young players.

• Like 2

Right then... I'm off up to The Smoke to see the mighty Darts in concert! Well, that's one way of getting away from all the transfer deadline day hype and bollocks! Have a good evening all :)

• Like 2

Sounds like Fraser, Ramsdale and Cornet. Suppose saints will dress it up as you could play Cornet up front but we're missing something up top for me. Not sure we have the goal threat required. Still great to get Ramsdale so you can't really be disappointed. 

Really pleased to get Fraser as a squad option. Great worker, offers something different to what we have without him.

I'd be happy for him as a bloke too. He's had a shit time of things up there definitely welcome here.

• Like 9

Fraser as a squad option is fine. He’s better than Edozie right now and enables him to go and play regularly in the Championship, which he really needs to do. He’s totally ineffectual at PL level right now sadly 

Puts more experience and character in the dressing room too, which it definitely seems Russ values 

• Like 1

So Brighton sign O'Riley and he gets injured a few minutes into his first match. Arsenal sign Merino and he gets injured during his first training session.

For the love of god, wrap Ramsdale in cotton wool 😂

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Ryan Fraser close now.

After Ramsdale.

I think it’s looking like 2/2 for me.

(DT smashes his fist on his keyboard). 😂

Being greedy but where's the CF ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Fraser as a squad option is fine. He’s better than Edozie right now and enables him to go and play regularly in the Championship, which he really needs to do. He’s totally ineffectual at PL level right now sadly 

Puts more experience and character in the dressing room too, which it definitely seems Russ values 

Yeah he was pretty ineffective at Championship level too so definitely needs to go and get games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

Really? IMO he is not a real headline signing

a real headline signing?........ but surely Rickie Lambert came into that category and pretty good value for just ...  1 million

mind you ....only Alan Pardew knew that at the time, and Nicola Cortese thought it was a waste of money .......... 

1 minute ago, Bobsmith said:

Fraser is not exciting at all, and not really what we need at this level. We're missing a decent number 9 to call this a great window.

Fraser has more end product than Edozie, he can also play wing back as demonstrated at Wembley. He’s an upgrade on Sam therefore it’s a decent and relatively cheap addition.

• Like 18

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

Fraser has more end product than Edozie, he can also play wing back as demonstrated at Wembley. He’s an upgrade on Sam therefore it’s a decent and relatively cheap addition.

The stats suggest they are pretty comparable on goals/assists. Both championship level. Edozie can beat a man but no end product, Fraser has end product but can't beat a man. 

13 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

He may well have done. We are very strong in midfield and he would not be guaranteed to be starting games. If he did "snub us" I wouldn't have thought it was anything personal.

• Like 1

Fraser brings others into play far better and is better defensively. Pure goals and assists are comparible but you only need to have watched them both last season to see which had a more positive influence on our overall performances. 

Edited by Hopper
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Bobsmith said:

The stats suggest they are pretty comparable on goals/assists. Both championship level. Edozie can beat a man but no end product, Fraser has end product but can't beat a man. 

Well I know which one of the two I would rather have, this season at least.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Well I know which one of the two I would rather have, this season at least.

Agree if it's a choice between the two. My point is that we should be aiming for better 

Just now, Toadhall Saint said:

Yes I think we were but for whatever reason it’s not happened.

Because Russ thinks we can stay up implementing the ‘U’ formation without a 9 or 10? 

Only half joking 

51 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Sounds like Fraser, Ramsdale and Cornet. Suppose saints will dress it up as you could play Cornet up front but we're missing something up top for me. Not sure we have the goal threat required. Still great to get Ramsdale so you can't really be disappointed. 

I think BBD becomes the alternative middle man to Archer, with Cornet, Fraser, AA, SAA the wide options. Not ideal, but it could be worse. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

I think BBD becomes the alternative middle man to Archer, with Cornet, Fraser, AA, SAA the wide options. Not ideal, but it could be worse. 

You're right but it always feels like we're one man short at the end of windows. Got away without Stewart last year. We'll have a lot resting on Fernandes and Archer. 

14 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Yes I think we were but for whatever reason it’s not happened.

The BBD signing confuses me a bit. I thought he would play as a CF. Is he really what we need at left wing?

Someone will have to pay silly money for KWP now. That would be a real downer to end the window.

Ramsdale’s signing might make him rethink contract talks a bit more. It’s a bit more of a statement of intent etc.

Would still like a striker but doesn’t look or sound likely, all gone quiet this afternoon.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

The BBD signing confuses me a bit. I thought he would play as a CF. Is he really what we need at left wing?

Same, I thought he was nailed on to play up top, maybe with the new signings that have come in and the squad settling down that’s where he’ll end up, him or Archer.

• Like 1