Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

Just seen Ornstein correcting that it's not £40m for Toney, it's £33m - considering the talk of what they'd get for Toney if/when they sold him... that's low (granted contracted situation and they got 1yr of extra PL status by keeping him longer)

13 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Yup.

Looking on Amazon, you can get a Hagrid fancy dress costume on Prime delivery.  So if they ordered yesterday, it will arrive by about 1pm.

Therefore, I expect the announcement at about 2pm.

5 minutes ago, saint_stevo said:

but we know he owns one already.....

So it's bring your own signing on costume today is it?

Watch this space...

cornet sign on.jpeg

Edited by Patches O Houlihan
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

You might be right but why the f*** do people think an announcement has to happen before 12pm...as long as the paperwork is done all is fine. 🤦

Can’t remember anyone suggesting an announcement needs to be made before 12pm? Calm down.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gecko said:

Surely this is the perfect opportunity to make use Goztepe. It solves three problems in my mind:

1. It strengthen them massively. He's already proven he's more than capable in the Turkish league

2. It gets him off our wage bill

3. And obviously most importantly, it sticks both fingers up at Trabzonspor for being such smug twats, by not only not giving them the player for cheap, but by actively loaning to a club they'll play against this season.

Why cant Goztepe put their hand in their pockets. They could easily offer us £10-£15m for him. Maybe even £18 as a thanks for all the players that they've used us to get. 

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

What time does the window "slam shut" today?

Not sure.

But hoping to get to the dildo shop and pick up the pink throbber I have on order, in time to get to the ground.

• Haha 9

Absolutely massive signing. Great work from the club. 

Another centre forward (a good one), keep hold of KWP, add a decent winger, and this will be a 12 out of 10 window. 

• Like 7

Honestly aside from a world class striker the biggest difference maker we have needed at the club has been goalkeeping.

Definitely worth being the highest paid player, i believe he will be the difference maker for us this season.

All for the price or a mara and a megoma 

• Like 5

Just now, Master Bates said:

Edozie to Sheff Utd

Wow - didn’t see that coming. Quite the shift around of players this window, but remarkably we’ve managed to actually improve significantly in many areas of the pitch. Bodes well for the remainder of deadline day - wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some more nice surprises beyond Cornet (assuming that gets done).

1 minute ago, Master Bates said:

Edozie to Sheff Utd

Sheffield United are in talks to sign Southampton winger Samuel Edozie on loan, sources have told Football Insider.

The South Yorkshire club see the 21-year-old as a potential key player as they push for promotion back to EPL.

However, they have their work cut out for them with sources saying Edozie isn’t keen on dropping down to English football’s second tier

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Honestly aside from a world class striker the biggest difference maker we have needed at the club has been goalkeeping.

Definitely worth being the highest paid player, i believe he will be the difference maker for us this season.

Kind of signing that instantly gives everyone a buzz. Real statement of intent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Sheffield United are in talks to sign Southampton winger Samuel Edozie on loan, sources have told Football Insider.

The South Yorkshire club see the 21-year-old as a potential key player as they push for promotion back to EPL.

However, they have their work cut out for them with sources saying Edozie isn’t keen on dropping down to English football’s second tier

I'm genuinely surprised if he doesn't recognise that playing a season at that level will do him the world of good. 

• Like 5

Just now, Suhari said:

That'd be a good move for him.

Shame he doesn't seem to think so. I agree, he needs to prove himself, he's not a PL quality player YET. Would be great for his development.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Bearing in mind our position in the PL hierarchy who is likely to have more touches this season - our Goalkeeper or our Striker? 

If he can find his 22-23 season form this will be massive for us plus:

We won't need to worry about his wandering attention span because

a) We'll probably still be playing risky 6 yard box passes to him every 3 minutes 

b) Bearing in mind the standard of the league he's likely to be busier than a one legged man at an arse kicking competition as it is

COYH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, egg said:

I'm genuinely surprised if he doesn't recognise that playing a season at that level will do him the world of good. 

for some reason, he's been first choice sub in 2 games this season. I don't know if its shop window but maybe he thinks he has a chance here. God forbid if he does. 

You're absolutely right though. Tella was a great example of that and Sheff Utd are a decent club at that level. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LGTL said:

Spending £10m in League 1 is ridiculous. I’ll laugh if they don’t win that league by about 30 points. 

They already broke the league 1 transfer record, twice, when they spent £4m each on Klara and Willumson. Spending £10m at that level would be monstrous. At least they would be spending it on proven talent. It's been a very tough few years for bluenoses, so personally I hope they do well.

• Like 2

Seem to recall Cornet often played just off Chris Wood for Burnley as well as on the left so pretty versatile option and different to what we have.

Do we think that will be the end of our 1st team incomings assuming he does join? Definitely some decent additions overall if perhaps lacking in attacking difference makers.

1 minute ago, Chez said:

They already broke the league 1 transfer record, twice, when they spent £4m each on Klara and Willumson. Spending £10m at that level would be monstrous. At least they would be spending it on proven talent. It's been a very tough few years for bluenoses, so personally I hope they do well.

Awful set of fans. I hope they rot. 

I remeber they were genuienly calling for Hassenhuttl when they sacked rooney and were in the bottom 3 of the championship. Delusional bunch. 

18 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Edozie to Sheff Utd

Makes sense. He couldn't get in the side toward the end of last season. Anyone with that kind of description would have been available all summer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Trafford joining to be 2nd choice to Pope and eventually succeed him.

Where as Ramsdale wants a club to be first choice at straight away, so Newcastle don't need Pope and Ramsdale, but can develop Trafford.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 3

The Ramsdale signing really is excellent- one of our best signings in years.

Excited to see who else appears before 11, but equally intrigued as to who we see leave.

Clearly won’t be all of the them, but I could see any of the following go on transfer or loan yet: KWP, Bree, Larios, Manning, ABK, Bednarek, Aribo, Kamaldeen, Edozie and Tall Paul.

Depending on that we could yet see a couple more in.

• Like 1