Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

18 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Victor Osimhen off to Saudi Arabia instead of Chelsea

SSN banging on about this as if it is the biggest headline of the window. Most viewers won’t give a shit about a Serie A player going for the money.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bangkoksaint said:

Honestly………for those that thought Pedro was Saints bound please give your head a wobble otherwise you’re going to have a very disappointing day!!

I'm not saying we'll get a £30m striker, in fact I think it's pretty unlikely. BUT, we also didn't expect to get Ramsdale 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

If we are offering that sort of money, Cheeky try for Johnathan David?

Ha. If we have that sort of money then a cheeky try for Santiago Gimenez...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Reading an article this morning I was reminded that Sulemana & Onuachu were both deadline day signings in Jan 2023. If I remember rightly they both came completely out of the blue.

Not saying it will happen, but SR have form for it. Of course in an ideal world we’d prefer any deal to add more on the pitch than these did.

Am also a bit concerned that Arsenal won’t get their player, and so won’t sanction Ramsdale to leave.

Two shining examples of what you can get if you go for last minute, out of the blue signings 🙂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, saintant said:

Two shining examples of what you can get if you go for last minute, out of the blue signings 🙂

Signed last minute, but who knows how long we were working on those deals. 

35 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

I don’t do X, but surely a hint from a Blackmore or Alfie House would have happened. 

We’ll see I guess.

The media get used when it helps the club or a player. If we're trying to sneak a deal through without another club potentially hijacking it, why on earth would be publicise that we're trying to do that deal?! 

4 minutes ago, egg said:

The media get used when it helps the club or a player. If we're trying to sneak a deal through without another club potentially hijacking it, why on earth would be publicise that we're trying to do that deal?! 

We were talking about the potential of KWP leaving.

I did say the window opens up on the last couple of days.

Clubs will want to get unwanted players off their wage bill or regain some money in the bank to balance the books.

Chelsea will probably lose a few today but then given their squad is now the size (and the age range) of a primary school they have little choice.

21 minutes ago, Bobsmith said:

I'm not saying we'll get a £30m striker, in fact I think it's pretty unlikely. BUT, we also didn't expect to get Ramsdale 

Unless you are part of the COT. We called it weeks ago 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Clubs will want to get unwanted players off their wage bill or regain some money in the bank to balance the books.

Chelsea will probably lose a few today but then given their squad is now the size (and the age range) of a primary school they have little choice.

Get away! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We let Shea go with barely a murmur from Saints fans.

We will probably let Kameldeen go and im guessing there’d be the same non reaction. I dare say sending out Sam Edozie on a good loan would actually be positively applauded. 

But KWP? He is a different level altogether. Our best player in first two matches. Our best player last season. Him leaving is a MASSIVE decision. 

That is the primary reason we are looking at Cornet ~ and players of his ilk ~ players who can play that KWP modern wingback flexible position that Lee effing Carsley so helpfully advertised. 
Id say the chances are that Juan Larios will also get loaned out - with no disquiet indeed applause - because otherwise what was the point of putting him in the shop window I mean on the pitch for 24 seconds the other night at end of match? As per ABK it was clearly a “I’m Saints fit and available “ piece  of advertising. 

I don't understand the link between Cornet coming in as a replacement for KWP.  Cornet played as a winger or straight up top for Burnley (as he did when scoring thohse goals against Saints).  So why are people saying that he is left wing back?  He is not a defender of any kind in my books. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Wsaint said:

600k a week is a fucking joke 😂

He's gone there because of the love they gave him though, honest.

The club-to-club fee is £67.3m (€80m). The player has decided to go where he felt the most love and where they wanted him most.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

My god outstanding work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Al-Ahli spunking money around, offering £40m for Ivan Toney now, after also agreeing over £65m for Osimhen...

Soon the clubs in Saudi will have genuinely quality squads, rather than just a few icons here and there.

1 minute ago, sfc4prem said:

Al-Ahli spunking money around, offering £40m for Ivan Toney now, after also agreeing over £65m for Osimhen...

Soon the clubs in Saudi will have genuinely quality squads, rather than just a few icons here and there.

Going to where their careers will die. Sad really, both of those players are still of a good level and are useful in European leagues.

Obviously they'll both be set for life and their families lives, but they signal the end of their proper football career by doing so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Realist said:

I don't understand the link between Cornet coming in as a replacement for KWP.  Cornet played as a winger or straight up top for Burnley (as he did when scoring thohse goals against Saints).  So why are people saying that he is left wing back?  He is not a defender of any kind in my books. 

He's played wingback in the past prior to Burnley and also for his country.

• Like 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Going to where their careers will die. Sad really, both of those players are still of a good level and are useful in European leagues.

Obviously they'll both be set for life and their families lives, but they signal the end of their proper football career by doing so.

When does that change? When do we finally recognise the genuine credibility of these Arabian clubs?

12 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

We will probably let Kameldeen go and im guessing there’d be the same non reaction. I dare say sending out Sam Edozie on a good loan would actually be positively applauded. 

But KWP? He is a different level altogether. Our best player in first two matches. Our best player last season. Him leaving is a MASSIVE decision. 

That is the primary reason we are looking at Cornet ~ and players of his ilk ~ players who can play that KWP modern wingback flexible position that Lee effing Carsley so helpfully advertised. 
Id say the chances are that Juan Larios will also get loaned out - with no disquiet indeed applause - because otherwise what was the point of putting him in the shop window I mean on the pitch for 24 seconds the other night at end of match? As per ABK it was clearly a “I’m Saints fit and available “ piece  of advertising. 

Behave! What Carsley said has zero bearing on whether anyone comes in for KWP this window.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

When does that change? When do we finally recognise the genuine credibility of these Arabian clubs?

I won't ever happen, it's just all fluff like China did a few years ago. There's no global interest in Saudi Arabian leagues, it's all manufactured crap. I don't see the appeal to be honest. It'll just end up a graveyard.

• Like 5

Quick thought on the Tall Paul saga - does Turkish window still close later ? If so they will inevitably use that to low ball the price knowing we don’t want him, only hope is that another Turkish club want him too

12 minutes ago, The Realist said:

More as a direct replacement for Wee Man surely

a left sided player who can both attack and cover for the LWB when the LWB is forward.

• Like 2

Just now, Hodgey said:

Quick thought on the Tall Paul saga - does Turkish window still close later ? If so they will inevitably use that to low ball the price knowing we don’t want him, only hope is that another Turkish club want him too

They've already low-balled us. I don't think we'd be more likely to sell him when our window has closed - if anything we'd be more intent on keeping him as an option?

Unless shifting his wages are an issue.

1 minute ago, Hodgey said:

Yeah, think it closes on Monday.

59 minutes ago, Bobsmith said:

Some people didn't - it's been in the works for a long time...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hodgey said:

Turkey is 13th September, or August 30th for Saints buying players to Loan to Goztepe.

21 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

You don't n half talk some shite. Cornet, if signed, isn't coming in to play wing back. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Are you offering to subsidise his £325,000 per week wages?

He is talking about Southampton Football Club making the bid. FarehamSaintJames is not proposing any involvement on his part. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Dman said:

You don't n half talk some shite. Cornet, if signed, isn't coming in to play wing back. 

Extra 10 points for being unnecessarily rude to a fellow Saints fan.

You could have said you disagreed with my comment but you had to make it personal didn’t you. Cheers. Appreciate your opinions also. 

Players who can play that modern wingback position - like Cornet can - or his ilk - as I said - are no doubt on the radar. Not Sry if that offends you. 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Turkey is 13th September, or August 30th for Saints buying players to Loan to Goztepe.

Why do they get two extra weeks. Their season didn't start later than ours did it? Or does each nation just choose whatever date they like?