Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

24 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Hold on to your hats, lads, tomorrow (today technically) is gonna be a crazy day!

I guess we're expecting Ramsdale and Cornet over the line, but I wonder if there'll be a surprise "in" and I guess there'll be a few "outs" too. If Russ genuinely considers AA a striker, I do think we need another RW, even with the emergence of SAA and the fact that Cornet can play there but personally I'd rather keep AA as a wide option and bring in another striker.

Ultimately regarding the "Outs" I do NOT want to hear of a late move for KWP, even if we have covered his positions. That said I do think the club would entertain decent offers (because we have covered his positions and because of his contract running out) and I do think there may be interested parties willing to make a late move. However surprisingly there's been no mention of a move away for weeks so 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞. I reckon there'll be a few loans out too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Manning go now he's slipped down the pecking order.

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Hold on to your hats, lads, tomorrow (today technically) is gonna be a crazy day!

I don’t think it’ll be that crazy. Cornet and hopefully Ramsdale but suspect that’s it for incomings. Imagine we’ll get a fair amount of outgoings, mainly loans.

Edited by ErwinK1961

4 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

I don’t think it’ll be that crazy. Corner and hopefully Ramsdale but suspect that’s it for incomings. Imagine we’ll get a fair amount of outgoings, mainly loans.

We're still being linked with some strikers though. I reckon we want an attacker. 

• Like 2

Reading an article this morning I was reminded that Sulemana & Onuachu were both deadline day signings in Jan 2023. If I remember rightly they both came completely out of the blue.

Not saying it will happen, but SR have form for it. Of course in an ideal world we’d prefer any deal to add more on the pitch than these did.

Am also a bit concerned that Arsenal won’t get their player, and so won’t sanction Ramsdale to leave.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Reading an article this morning I was reminded that Sulemana & Onuachu were both deadline day signings in Jan 2023. If I remember rightly they both came completely out of the blue.

Not saying it will happen, but SR have form for it. Of course in an ideal world we’d prefer any deal to add more on the pitch than these did.

Am also a bit concerned that Arsenal won’t get their player, and so won’t sanction Ramsdale to leave.

Neto having medical this morning 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

8:30am Press Conference

"If they (the transfers) happen, they'll happen, if not we'll be happy with what we've got"

"Ross? Two weeks mate"

(Lottery numbers available upon request)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

I don’t think it’ll be that crazy. Corner and hopefully Ramsdale but suspect that’s it for incomings. Imagine we’ll get a fair amount of outgoings, mainly loans.

I think we'll see Cornet and Ramsdale in, and possibly Fraser or another versatile winger. I'd hate to see SAA go on loan as I think Edozie needs to go and develop somewhere, but I think one may get sent out on loan if we get Cornet and another. Hopefully Edozie. 

I have a feeling KWP will go as well, and if he does, that may lead to curveball attacker coming in with the cash.

ABK probably to go on loan to some Dutch, Belgian or French team also. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

I think we'll see Cornet and Ramsdale in, and possibly Fraser or another versatile winger. I'd hate to see SAA go on loan as I think Edozie needs to go and develop somewhere, but I think one may get sent out on loan if we get Cornet and another. Hopefully Edozie. 

I have a feeling KWP will go as well, and if he does, that may lead to curveball attacker coming in with the cash.

ABK probably to go on loan to some Dutch, Belgian or French team also. 

After he was mentioned favourably by Carsley at the England squad announcement I'm thinking the same. 

"We are Southampton. We can't have nice things” ™

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

After he was mentioned favourably by Carsley at the England squad announcement I'm thinking the same. 

"We are Southampton. We can't have nice things” ™

I guess the one positive of Carsley singing the praises of KWP is that it'll help our negotiating hand no end. Every cloud... 

"Look chaps, if you want to prise an upcoming England star away from us then you're going to have to pay a premium..."

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

Like the Cornet loan signing if that comes through, had a stormer against us in October 2021 for Burnley. OK, had an injury but a while ago now and needs/wants to play.

Surely shirt number 99? But we’ll pass on the flake as we’ve already got Ross Stewart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, egg said:

To who? Sounds like the interested clubs like West Ham, who will have enquired/talked to his agent decided to spend on alternatives, perhaps partly because we wouldn't let him go on the cheap and partly because they got their preferred option. 

I know deals do happen on the last day, but how many 'start' on the last day? Won't there have been some prior communication? It sounds like there is none, hence Russ saying he's staying. 

I've jinxed it now haven't I?

5 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

More that we're not signing a player from Brazil on deadline day. 

Those deals take a while to sort out, so we'd have been in discussion for some time...and we'd of heard about it earlier.

Just now, Chez said:

To who? Sounds like the interested clubs like West Ham, who will have enquired/talked to his agent decided to spend on alternatives, perhaps partly because we wouldn't let him go on the cheap and partly because they got their preferred option. 

I know deals do happen on the last day, but how many 'start' on the last day? Won't there have been some prior communication? It sounds like there is none, hence Russ saying he's staying. 

I've jinxed it now haven't I?

No idea mate, but Cornet feels like a LWB cover option to me, and we'd only need that it KWP was going. I agree your point though - like JWP last year, KWP can't have many suitors who'd play him as a starter. I think he's better anything Villa have, even when the injured Cash is fit. 

• Like 1

It’s going to be an exciting day that’s for sure - if we land Ramsdale and Cornet they improve the squad significantly in areas that needed attention, but it ain’t over until the fat tea lady sings! Plus if we get Pedro as a striker option (where’s all this money coming from?), you can only applaud SR for what promises to be an exceptional window.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

I’d be a little surprised if KWP went now, not seemingly been a sniff of interest in these last few weeks, surely there would have been a link somewhere.

Most transfer enquiries happen under the radar. Just because it ain't on X doesn't mean it's not happening, and often when it's on X, it definitely ain't happening! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, egg said:

Most transfer enquiries happen under the radar. Just because it ain't on X doesn't mean it's not happening, and often when it's on X, it definitely ain't happening! 

I don’t do X, but surely a hint from a Blackmore or Alfie House would have happened. 

We’ll see I guess.

Regarding Pedro from Flamengo, they are not going to sell their no.1 striker with a game away on sun v Corinthians and as an aside he is 27 yr old, I would never see SR spend 30m on a player that old which although perfect for us is a bit too old for them.

He's also the top scorer in the league there.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 2