Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

4 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

CF.

I reckon there's a chance that Archer's good performance last night* might have helped swayed the club's priorities in another direction? I certainly feel less doubtful than I was previously that Archer could fulfill the 'centre forward' role. 

(*The usual "but it was against Cardiff's second 11" caveat, of course...)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

Just now, Appy said:

Think it  was salad cream 

During the 1993–94 season Beasant sustained an unusual injury when, while making a sandwich in his kitchen, he dropped a 2 kg glass bottle of salad cream on his foot, severing the tendon to his big toe. As a result, he missed eight weeks of the season.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Thanks Dave. So which other strikers are available? 

Or are we just committing to a winger ie Cornet or the Dutch/Morrocan LGBT aficionado?

Well in my opinion I would like to think we are targeting a big, strong powerful number 9 to go along with what we already have in attack. I still think doing a deal for Broja for around £15m-£18m would be good. I know we have been linked with Cornet in loan. So guess we will just have to see on that one.

Edited by davefizzy14

12 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Sounds like this one is off the table. Hopefully we have other targets we ate working on. Broja would be ideal. 

Screenshot_20240829_163636_Sky Sports.jpg

How does anyone imagine Broja would be ideal? Yet another case for the treatment room. And when he's on the pitch he is 'lazy with flashy patches'

2 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Well in my opinion I would like to think we are targeting a big, strong powerful number 9 to go along with what we already have in attack. I still think doing a deal for Broja for around £15m-£18m would be good. I know we have been linked with Cornet in loan. So guess we will just have to see on that one.

Even though he has just failed his medical at Ipswich?

17 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

My feeling is we still lack a genuine CF but Russells remarks about playing Armstrong in the middle was laying the groundwork for a winger coming and no striker.

Worrying cos it worked so well before in the Prem didn’t it?
He’s better out wide, he’s not up to the standard to outfox the centre backs we’ll be up against week in, week out.

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

Worrying cos it worked so well before in the Prem didn’t it?
He’s better out wide, he’s not up to the standard to outfox the centre backs we’ll be up against week in, week out.

I do agree but I think Matty Fernandes / Lallana and or a decent winger might have a bit more about their game to actually find him.

Moreover I think Archer is a better bet to start centrally. Was pretty happy with his sharpness VS Cardiff.

4 minutes ago, Hopper said:

I do agree but I think Matty Fernandes / Lallana and or a decent winger might have a bit more about their game to actually find him.

Moreover I think Archer is a better bet to start centrally. Was pretty happy with his sharpness VS Cardiff.

Agree, I would go with Archer personally

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dman said:

has Nketiah moved on yet? Surely as the window draws closer, Arsenal will budge - possibly a loan with option...? 

Had a medical with Palace, who have committed to spending £30m on him and picking up his £100k a week wage

I think a winger more needed than an out and out CF. BBD and Archer could play CF role imo. Even a fit RS could be useful in that position so on paper we have enough numbers to play CF. Quality of them is questionable still but we'd have to let one of them go to accommodate another CF imo. Edozie just doesn't cut the mustard at this level. He's not going to contribute anywhere near enough goals or even assists so I'd rather replace him and let him out on loan or sell him. 

6 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Had a medical with Palace, who have committed to spending £30m on him and picking up his £100k a week wage

What the hell has Nketiah done to be on £100k a week? Must have a cracking agent. 

• Like 3

Just now, Saint_Ash said:

What the hell has Nketiah done to be on £100k a week? Must have a cracking agent. 

Went on a scoring run at Arsenal just as his deal was up for renewal and Jesus was injured. Very fortunate, never a £100k striker

10 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

I think a winger more needed than an out and out CF. BBD and Archer could play CF role imo. Even a fit RS could be useful in that position so on paper we have enough numbers to play CF. Quality of them is questionable still but we'd have to let one of them go to accommodate another CF imo. Edozie just doesn't cut the mustard at this level. He's not going to contribute anywhere near enough goals or even assists so I'd rather replace him and let him out on loan or sell him. 

I think trust Tyler to nail down that left wing spot. 
let’s not have any panic buys like January 2023 that clog up the next transfer windows. 

Just now, Crouchie's Lawyer said:

Never normally ITK but Fraser on a flight from Newcastle to Soton. Mate is on the same flight and just told me. Could be nothing, could be something

He loves it down here on the south coast, does old Ryan.

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Right I'm just off to Paris. Fully expect to see Ramsdale's smiling face when we touch down in about 90 minutes. 

Signing didn't happen during my travel to Belgium today.

Hope you have more luck than me!

3 minutes ago, Crouchie's Lawyer said:

Never normally ITK but Fraser on a flight from Newcastle to Soton. Mate is on the same flight and just told me. Could be nothing, could be something

He lives in Bmth area and presumably has been training up there - have been a few pics of him taking the same flight this summer so nothing out of the ordinary.

25 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Went on a scoring run at Arsenal just as his deal was up for renewal and Jesus was injured. Very fortunate, never a £100k striker

Ah the Che Adams play book. Have a hot streak just before a transfer window or contract renewal whilst being very average the rest of the time. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ball boy said:

I think trust Tyler to nail down that left wing spot. 
let’s not have any panic buys like January 2023 that clog up the next transfer windows. 

I think Tyler is much more effective in the 10 when he can pick up the ball and drive centrally.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Crouchie's Lawyer said:

Pretty sure he lives here and comes back for weekends. That said, I'd be shocked if he doesn't sign.

2 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Pretty sure he lives here and comes back for weekends. That said, I'd be shocked if he doesn't sign.

Agree. But if you are leaving your North East club in next 36 hours you’d normally be hanging around near your club in order to attend the required medical for whoever asks about you. Him travelling down south suggests he thinks if there’s any medical happening he needs be down here for it. 

1 minute ago, gio1saints said:

Agree. But if you are leaving your North East club in next 36 hours you’d normally be hanging around near your club in order to attend the required medical for whoever asks about you. Him travelling down south suggests he thinks if there’s any medical happening he needs be down here for it. 

Medical can happen all over, so expect he is just home for the weekend

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

It's his Peter Odemwingie moment

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Ffs arrived in Paris and nothing bloody happened. 

Can’t help wondering if the hold up (if indeed there is one) is to do with Arsenal finalising their replacement before allowing Ramsdale to finalise his move. Given they had it virtually all agreed and the deadline is tomorrow, hopefully the pieces all start to fall into place imminently…

• Like 1

Unless Saints pull a rabbit out of the hat it is looking more and more likely that any attacker we get in will be someone way down our list if even on the initial list at all. I hope we are all pleasantly surprised tomorrow but i have a horrible feeling it will be someones injury prone, hardly played any competitive football in the last 12 months player!

I don't know why we waste so much of our time chasing South American players. My son is a football agent and deals predominantly with the South American market and he tells me it is horrendous when dealing with agents and clubs over there. 

37 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

He has a place in Winchester, pretty sure he said in an interview last season his missus lives down here.

Just now, BARCELONASAINT said:

Unless Saints pull a rabbit out of the hat it is looking more and more likely that any attacker we get in will be someone way down our list if even on the initial list at all. I hope we are all pleasantly surprised tomorrow but i have a horrible feeling it will be someones injury prone, hardly played any competitive football in the last 12 months player!

I don't know why we waste so much of our time chasing South American players. My son is a football agent and deals predominantly with the South American market and he tells me it is horrendous when dealing with agents and clubs over there. 

Links have gone quiet since the Ramsdale news broke. Guessing that deal has eaten up more of our budget than we were originally  planning when going for Bijlow. We badly need an exciting attacking signing but I could see Fraser coming in and that's it.