Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

1 hour ago, CanadaSaint said:

I don’t think a loan is a desirable for anyone. It’s a question of breaking the player/club impasse so Fraser can walk away.

Agree. Think it's likely we get a winger on loan from a PL club, sign Fraser for a small fee and bring in a striker on loan from abroad (seemingly Yuri Alberto)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Kostić apparently not keen to come, so potentially a left wing/LWB spot available for Wee Man; assuming Edozie is out on loan. Taylor of course has done ok so far at LWB.

I thought he was a pretty effective LWB - fast on the break, great cross, and much better defensively than Manning. He’s solid in both roles. Maybe not a starter but a good bench asset.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

Is Blackmore saying Ryan Fraser out of hope or has he mentioned actually hearing something? 

I would imagine he knows something as it's very rare for Adam to randomly speculate I would venture

Trabzonspor president Doğan's comments in relation to Onuachu:

"Onuachu is also our coach's first request. We are talking to him. He is also telling his club. We made a serious offer.," 

"We made an offer with 6 million euros and bonuses. His club's demand of 15 million euros continues. 

"The transfer period is ending. I think it will result positively with a loan or purchase like the last time. Our talks are ongoing."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

"Onuachu is also our coach's first request. We are talking to him. He is also telling his club. We made a serious offer.," 

"We made an offer with 6 million euros and bonuses. His club's demand of 15 million euros continues. 

"The transfer period is ending. I think it will result positively with a loan or purchase like the last time. Our talks are ongoing."

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

Glad the club are standing firm, as I think he's worth £10m, just look at his goalscoring record in lesser leagues. Problem is there's very little money in Turkey outside of Galatasaray and Besiktas etc. Maybe we're hoping someone comes in late and we don't have to accept Trabzonspors measly offer. 

It's quite clear his days are over here so we need to maximise the return. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

For posts we have a 'Like' button, a 'Sad' button etc.

Where do I find the 'Go and fuck yourself, you tight git' button?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Wow, that's a good deal. Sorts our goalkeeper problem out for years if we manage to stay up. Don't let me down Saints...

Best goalkeeper since Boruc?

Nearly 10 years to the day since Boruc left.  That's a long time between drinks not to have a decent keeper.   Great signing!     Let's hope the quest for a clinical striker doesn't stretch out much longer.

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

Yeah but come on if you played for Napoli you'd live down the Amalfi coast which is simply stunning. 

If you played for Southampton you could have a pad in Sandbanks….!

6 minutes ago, austsaint said:

Nearly 10 years to the day since Boruc left.  That's a long time between drinks not to have a decent keeper.   Great signing!     Let's hope the quest for a clinical striker doesn't stretch out much longer.

McCarthy did get voted Saints Player of the Year 2017-18. Fraser Forster was nominated 2015-2016.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr. Kucho said:

We were in Luxembourg for a few days 2 weeks ago. €5 to park the car for a day in the centre of Luxembourg city and public transport was free. 
My sister used to live in Australia and where she was public transport was free in the weekend. Why don’t they do that over in the UK too? Fewer cars on the roads and even people who have les to spend can easily take a bus in to town, have something to eat and boost the local economy. 

What's a bus? We haven't seen one for years up near us.

1 minute ago, Saint Scott said:

Alfie House saying he can't rule out this happening? West Ham seemingly want £25m and we need a striker

I mean, he's not what we need but I wouldn't mind upgrading Smallbone if we have the cash to splash.

1 minute ago, Saint Scott said:

Alfie House saying he can't rule out this happening? West Ham seemingly want £25m and we need a striker

Surely if he comes back it's a loan? Not sure where we can find £25m, and £18m from.

I wouldn't say £25m is a good use of our budget on JWP either, as much as he was missed here....I don't think there's a glaring hole for him in this side, we've evolved from him.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sfc4prem said:

I mean, he's not what we need but I wouldn't mind upgrading Smallbone if we have the cash to splash.

Decent as a squad player but think we have better options now with Downes, Fernandez and Big Les. 

7 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

You get the feeling this is coming from jwp's side. On the other hand, you'd assume his people would have talked to our side. Genuinely think it would be a good move if we could get him on loan with an option next year. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

What about if we sold Aribo for 8 million or so, Onuachu for 7 million and ABK for 7 and used that to get a striker, winger and jwp on loan? It's a yes from me. 

Who will buy a crooked abk, and the Turkish side aren't offering 7 and no one wants aribo yet

Just now, 6ft8saint said:

Who will buy a crooked abk, and the Turkish side aren't offering 7 and no one wants aribo yet

Turkish side are apparently back at the table, ABK isn't crocked he played tonight and looked decent, we have no idea if anyone wants Aribo or not. 

All clubs know that ABK failed his medical due to his heart condition. And since the unfortunate events at Luton all clubs are now wary of this. His once high value is halved. As for his performance tonight he looked OK in a very average saints team. As for the Turkish. They love spinning ideas in the media. How about they offer £10m+ for TP. I really hope that we don't take a desperation deal on this one.

• Like 2

My standouts tonight were fernandes,  ame ameya, archer, dibling. Everyone else needs to work harder. I get they are only playing what the manager wants but some of the situations they got themselves in were avoidable 

13 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Aribo and Fernandes are central midfielders.

I agree. Aribo sometimes , naturally, drifts leftwards in midfield because his stronger leg is his left ; this does not mean he is a winger or left midfielder as I see it.
Fernandes also looks like a central midfielder to me. Good player he looks, great attitude,  I liked what I saw on his starting debut vs Cardiff. Could turn out to be good business. I pray he will.

4 hours ago, 6ft8saint said:

My standouts tonight were fernandes,  ame ameya, archer, dibling. Everyone else needs to work harder. I get they are only playing what the manager wants but some of the situations they got themselves in were avoidable 

I understand you're probably feeling gutted not to even make the bench last night; but pretty harsh to belittle the debuts of Big Les and Lallana.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 6ft8saint said:

You don’t think Bree and Taylor played well? 

I think going by Blackmore our wide man will be Fraser.

Edited by Give it to Ron

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

How many midfielders do we need ? this JWP link just does not seem midfield is a priority anymore as we seem sorted.

We don't need him and I can't see it happening. Certainly not over two attacking players anyway. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HKsaint said:

Let's get back Fraser and Ings for free and JWP on loan (with an option to buy) to complete this summer transfer window 2024.

What part of ings doesn't want to play for us do people not understand!!!!!!!!! Stop banging on about it

1 hour ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

I understand you're probably feeling gutted not to even make the bench last night; but pretty harsh to belittle the debuts of Big Les and Lallana.

I'm not tall paul. I don't think he cares he's not playing as he's being paid

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

You don’t think Bree and Taylor played well? 

I think going by Blackmore our wide man will be Fraser.

I think brees goal was amazing but overall the defence were a shambles 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

How many midfielders do we need ? this JWP link just does not seem midfield is a priority anymore as we seem sorted.

I'd hope we'd have learned our lesson from last season over bringing in too many midfielders. For the the love of all that's holy, Saints, get a striker.

• Like 2

I said a month ago the Aaron Ramsdale rumours (at the time) were legit and not the most ridiculous rumour out there.

I also said Ryan Fraser will be a Saints player by the end of the window. Watch this space. Newcastle will want him off the books.

There simply isn’t a need for JWP now, not unless another CM leaves.

ABK will be loaned out if anything I imagine.

4 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I said a month ago the Aaron Ramsdale rumours (at the time) were legit and not the most ridiculous rumour out there.

I also said Ryan Fraser will be a Saints player by the end of the window. Watch this space. Newcastle will want him off the books.

There simply isn’t a need for JWP now, not unless another CM leaves.

ABK will be loaned out if anything I imagine.

You're like a pig in shit with this news, which is fair, but don't leave out you also said we were well in for O'Riley, amongst other stuff that hasn't happened.

Edited by Fabrice29
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

After last night's performance, Big Lesley is having his loan cancelled. Russ didn't like those forward passes, he wants JWP in to keep things going sideways or backwards. 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

What part of ings doesn't want to play for us do people not understand!!!!!!!!!

The part where I asked the other day for a link to an interview/ article where he actually said this and none was forthcoming....? Feel free to oblige...

24 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

You're like a pig in shit with this news, which is fair, but don't leave out you also said we were well in for O'Riley, amongst other stuff that hasn't happened.

Indeed... And whilst we're dishing out self-congratulatory pats on the back, I'd like to remind people that I said we wouldn't be signing Messi at the start of the window. If that's not worthy of a Mutley Medal I don't know what is ;)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, trousers said:

Indeed... And whilst we're dishing out self-congratulatory pats on the back, I'd like to remind people that I said we wouldn't be signing Messi at the start of the window. If that's not worthy of a Mutley Medal I don't know what is ;)

Wait, what, we're signing Messi too!?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Did you?

• Like 1

While we are are all patting ourselves on the back, I'd like to hold my hands up and say that, with the McCarthy two year deal I didn't think we'd get a first choice keeper in. Looks like I couldn't have been more wrong.

Assuming we are not paying McCarthy the earth and Lumley is on buttons, the challenge and cost of bringing in keepers for all Prem clubs this summer may explain why we didn't completely reboot the keeping unit with three new guys. 

1 hour ago, 6ft8saint said:

What part of ings doesn't want to play for us do people not understand!!!!!!!!! Stop banging on about it

He didn't want to come to is on our terms earlier in the window.

However...

If it's true that WH are terminating his contract, and we make him an offer that's better than any others he receives, then he could well change his mind.

• Like 1