Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

After the interruption of the negotiations with #Fiorentina , the contacts between #Juve and the clubs interested in Filip #Kostic continue. The most advanced is #Southampton (which offers the loan with option but the black and whites want the obligation), also #Stoccarda and #CrystalPalace remain in the background. Waiting to understand whether or not there may be other interested teams...

https://x.com/_Morik92_/status/1828772423052742823

If true would be a very good signing.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Athletic reporting Victor Hugo might still be part of the Carlos Alcaraz deal and go on loan to Goztepe...

https://x.com/J_Tanswell/status/1828772195113533640

Be interesting how that's worked out. i.e if we get the registration of Hugo and loan him, or Goztepe take ownership directly between themselves and Flamengo.

How does this victor hugo guy look on FM? ;) 

Edited by S-Clarke

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Providing it doesn’t turn in to Orsic MkII

Kostic is levels above Orsic. Kostic has proven himself both in Germany and Italy.

Orsic did well in international games and in European competitions, but never in a major European domestic league.

Edited by Matthew Le God

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

https://x.com/_Morik92_/status/1828772423052742823

If true would be a very good signing.

He was key when Frankfurt one the Europa League a few seasons back. I'm fairly sure we were strongly linked to him when he was at Gronigen, but we went for Djuricic at the time. (and Elia), so he's probably be on the clubs list for a while and our reports should date back to a time when we scouted properly.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He was key when Frankfurt one the Europa League a few seasons back. I'm fairly sure we were strongly linked to him when he was at Gronigen, but we went for Djuricic at the time. (and Elia), so he's probably be on the clubs list for a while and our reports should date back to a time when we scouted properly.

Was going to say exactly the same.  We were def linked some time ago.

Although "scouting properly" & "Djuricic" probably don't often go together :)

Edited by SuperSAINT
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Kostic is levels above Orsic. Kostic has proven himself both in Germany and Italy.

Orsic did well in international games and in European competitions, but never in a major European league.

Certainly sounds a better pedigree 

• Like 1

Just now, Badger said:

Certainly sounds a better pedigree 

He's closer to Tadic than Orsic in terms of pedigree and his career. He hasn't reached the heights of Tadic, but those heights didn't come until later in his career.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Fingers crossed we can get the deal done for Ramsdale and we can pull it off 🤞

If we get Ramsdale I think I'll be pulling it off!

Edited by iansums
typo
  • Haha 9

22 minutes ago, SaintInExile said:

Much prefer the sound of Kostic as opposed to Cornet. Comfortable on the wing and at Wing back.

He's played Left Midfield for most of the last two years though - and we have Mateus Fernandes & Aribo in that position currently. 3 league assists last season. 4 goals and 3 assists in the league 2022-23. Presumably being 31 he will be down a bit on pace nowadays and less able to leg it up and down the wing?

Edited by Patches O Houlihan
extra

Just now, Patches O Houlihan said:

He's played Left Midfield for most of the last two years though - and we have Mateus Fernandes & Aribo in that position currently

I thought Fernandes was more of a central MF. Aribo I think we know isn’t up to EPL standard other than an occasional stand in, so I wouldn’t lose any sleep about him being displaced 

24 minutes ago, Badger said:

I thought Fernandes was more of a central MF. Aribo I think we know isn’t up to EPL standard other than an occasional stand in, so I wouldn’t lose any sleep about him being displaced 

You haven't read much about Fernandes have you? I think RM sees him as a starter, not a fill in.

Plus Kostic has played in central midfield (left side) for the last 2 seasons.

Edited by Patches O Houlihan
italics

36 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Ramsdale/McCarthy

Suga/KWP/Bree     THB/Edwards        Janny B/Jack/Wood      KWP/Taylor/Cornet

Big Les/Smallbone    Flynniesta/Aribo

Mateus/Lallana/Dibling

Cornet/Arma                          BBD/Archer     

Yuri Alberto/Stewart

Does this team stand a chance of 16th or 17th? I'd say it does. But we'd still have to really bond as a team, and play out of our skins on occasion.

You seem to have forgotten Captain Jack.

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Aribo and Fernandes are central midfielders.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/filip-kostic/leistungsdaten/spieler/161011/plus/0?saison=2023

According to this link. In 2023-24, and most of 2022-23 Kostic was playing 'LM' not 'LW'. I haven't seen him play much. Just reporting back. 

I would imagine LM plays more centrally than LW wouldn't you?

Just now, Patches O Houlihan said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/filip-kostic/leistungsdaten/spieler/161011/plus/0?saison=2023

According to this link. In 2023-24, and most of 2022-23 Kostic was playing 'LM' not 'LW'. I haven't seen him play much. Just reporting back. 

I would imagine LM plays more centrally than LW wouldn't you?

FM Italian research team has him down as a wing back or winger. Not a central midfielder. You can also see him wide throughout the video I posted earlier from Juventus.

21 hours ago, Saint_Ash said:

Let's hope the odds are short because someone who knows something is lumping on. 

Aaron Ramsdale club after transfer window odds. 

Screenshot_20240827-164258_Chrome.png

A lot of movement now. Not indicative but nice to see. 

Screenshot_20240828-135220_Chrome.png

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Isn't Cornet chronically injury prone?

I've heard his legs are wafer thin, he doesn't do well in the heat and he's a bit of a flake, so several weaknesses that would support your opinion.  

Edited by Toussaint
  • Haha 3

Im not too excited about Ramsdale, 'Hes not the messiah hes just a naughty boy'

He let shedloads in with Bournemouth and Sheff Utd, once he joined Arsenal he had a decent defence in front of him. Hopefully Im wrong but I dont see him making a massive difference to us.

• Haha 6

Is there any news on the Archer transfer investigation? With limitations on the number of loans we can bring in from prem sides, I just wondered if we could copy that `buy back' move (to disguise an extra loan) AND get away with it?

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

He let shedloads in with Bournemouth and Sheff Utd, once he joined Arsenal he had a decent defence in front of him. Hopefully Im wrong but I dont see him making a massive difference to us.

He’s capable of saving things he shouldn’t, he would earn us more points than he loses. Same cannot be said for our current options. He has been the number 1 for a team finishing 2nd in the league, I think he’s a big upgrade.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Is there any news on the Archer transfer investigation? With limitations on the number of loans we can bring in from prem sides, I just wondered if we could copy that `buy back' move (to disguise an extra loan) AND get away with it?

Was given the all clear. Seems like that was special circumstances though

2 minutes ago, OldNick said:

You might be right, but he's an improvement on what we got and its those small incremental steps that add to up a better side and more points. 

• Like 3