Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

1 minute ago, sfc4prem said:

You, sir, have taken leave of your senses. Your posts are the makings of a mummers' farce.

That's super harsh I really don't understand where alot of you fans come from. It's like you you feel this is all we deserve as opposed to we deserve the very best. This window has been a disappointment.  Other than the 2 players we knew we were getting thb and downes everything else has been very very average so like him I'm disappointed and worried  about what might come next.

We all work really hard to earn a living and pay into this football team but alot of the time it feels they have forgotten that and sign dross in the hope that it will work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Russell Martin said Bazunu is out for 9 to 10 months. That makes it Jan/Feb he will be ready to play again, not the whole season out.

Using the same metric as Ross Stewart’s “2 weeks”?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Suhari said:

I didn't think this was possible with us?

SR are shit.

Why blame SR? This habit of making SR the fall guy is absurd. They've poured money this window and strengthened us beyond expectations. They've invested more than any owners in our history, except perhaps Markus. Time they got a little credit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

My WBA mate reckons we've made an approach for Fellows. 20 year old winger.

"Hell of a talent mate and you know I'm realistic with players, but 20m + value easy!"

Hope this isn’t true.  If it is, why didn’t we get the lad from Sunderland?  

Just now, Dellyears said:

Why blame SR? This habit of making SR the fall guy is absurd. They've poured money this window and strengthened us beyond expectations. They've invested more than any owners in our history, except perhaps Markus. Time they got a little credit.

“Strengthened beyond expectations”

wow

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Saint_Ash said:

Let's hope the odds are short because someone who knows something is lumping on. 

Aaron Ramsdale club after transfer window odds. 

Screenshot_20240827-164258_Chrome.png

I checked on this a couple of hours ago and wolves were favorites at evens and 3/1 to Saints.

6 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

We are truly terrible at signing new quality talent and also it seems retaining the talent we have. Why wont our players sign new contracts I counted 3 or 4 expiring in next 6months. I get were not the best club in the league but as a manager russell needs to do more

We signed Downes.

I actually question if we should bother offering second contracts to players. If they are good enough, they wont sign. If they are not good enough to get a move, why are we offering them another deal? We let them go and sign someone that is actually good enough to attract a bigger suitor. I might be wrong on this, but I don't tend to blame the club for failing to pin a guy like KWP down. The only way we do that is to pay more than the going rate. does that work financially? maybe.

What more can RM do? is it eve his job to recruit players?

8 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

If you were KWP would you sign a new deal? 

It's not just him though is it.

Bednarek and I'm sure others

No one else is there.

I feel we have to bite our nose of to spite our face and not play them unless they sign

Who will want them if not being played. Fraser scenario. We only want him cause he played for us. Don't see a que of others

3 minutes ago, Dellyears said:

Can’t criticise SR for their willingness to invest, but they clearly need to put in place better people to identify the targets and complete the deals.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Chez said:

We signed Downes.

I actually question if we should bother offering second contracts to players. If they are good enough, they wont sign. If they are not good enough to get a move, why are we offering them another deal? We let them go and sign someone that is actually good enough to attract a bigger suitor. I might be wrong on this, but I don't tend to blame the club for failing to pin a guy like KWP down. The only way we do that is to pay more than the going rate. does that work financially? maybe.

Well it's stated on here alot we pay higher level wages and surely his irreplaceability covers some percentage of this were not talking of paying "Stirling" wages but we previously paid jwp alot

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

We signed Downes.

We knew downs was coming but nearly lost him

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Of course it isn't.

All he can do is indicate who he'd like to keep and then it's up to the club to speak to players and agents to agree new contracts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dellyears said:

Genuinely interested to khow much SR have `invested' beyond the money the paid to buy us. Do you know?

Fellows is a terrific player. Very direct winger, can go both ways when dribbling as he's good with both his left and right foot. 3 assists in 3 so far this season and given West Brom's financial position would hopefully not be too expensive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Can’t criticise SR for their willingness to invest, but they clearly need to put in place better people to identify the targets and complete the deals.

There are issues though as almost every other week since last season we read that a backroom team member is being poached to go elsewhere. If things we rosey that wouldn't happen 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

Well it's stated on here alot we pay higher level wages and surely his irreplaceability covers some percentage of this were not talking of paying "Stirling" wages but we previously paid jwp alot

Sorry, but I don't really understand what you are saying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

That's super harsh I really don't understand where alot of you fans come from. It's like you you feel this is all we deserve as opposed to we deserve the very best. This window has been a disappointment.  Other than the 2 players we knew we were getting thb and downes everything else has been very very average so like him I'm disappointed and worried  about what might come next.

We all work really hard to earn a living and pay into this football team but alot of the time it feels they have forgotten that and sign dross in the hope that it will work.

I don’t think SR pay much attention to how hard you work to get the money to buy your ticket and merch. 
SR is a business designed to make profits not losses ( far as I can tell - though I’d bet that some club owners are simply money laundering..) .

Whatever they do they are not thinking to lose money as the primary objective. Your feelings and how hard you work & how much you love saints is low to non existent on the list of their priorities - they attitude is not exclusive to Saints, of course, but frankly supporters are the bottom of a horrible system that’s rigged to the benefit of the wealthiest at the expense of everyone else - you me and every punter buys a £60 -£90 shirt that costs £1 to make in a sweatshop somewhere far away or pays £30+ at SMS to watch a bunch of young millionaires on 5 yr contracts get excited kicking a ball around. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Saint_lambden said:

Fellows is a terrific player. Very direct winger, can go both ways when dribbling as he's good with both his left and right foot. 3 assists in 3 so far this season and given West Brom's financial position would hopefully not be too expensive. 

Does he have a dark beard or the willingness to grow one? If so, he’ll be fine.

5 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

There are issues though as almost every other week since last season we read that a backroom team member is being poached to go elsewhere. If things we rosey that wouldn't happen 

good staff/players get poached. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Russell Martin said Bazunu is out for 9 to 10 months. That makes it Jan/Feb he will be ready to play again, not the whole season out.

RM did say that and if everything goes to plan that could be the case but… recovery from serious injuries doesn’t always go to plan and can often result in a follow on injury. 

11 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

He doesn’t. Just wants a loan.

does playing for us on loan help his long term career at all? Would sitting on the bench waiting for the right move be a better move for him?

I'm a bit pissed off by the lack of anything positive from the club and the goalkeeper debarkle is the icing on the cake. For me this window has put us stronger for the Championship but not for the premiership. Selling alcaraz and not playing existing expensive players TP who can score is crazy. I have the unfortunate situation where I have to work around those blue scaity bastards down the road and I hoped this season might make us the dominant force and it feels like the worst thing might happen again and they leap frog us at the end of the season.

What is just as annoying is there are user on here who will now try and destroy my opinion.

I'm gonna try and ignore this all now and come back once the window shuts

• Confused 3

9 hours ago, 6ft8saint said:

Lavia - 53m

Tino - 32m

Jwp 30m

115m 

Simple maffs

Cool, and is that similar to, or fantastically less than, the £228 Brighton brought in for those four players?

Just now, Chez said:

does playing for us on loan help his long term career at all? Would sitting on the bench waiting for the right move be a better move for him?

He needs to play, but he wants a season playing regularly and then review his options next year. One of those was to fight for his place at Arsenal, but that’s not happening anymore.

A good season with us (but in vain), will get him a much better move next season.

Just now, notnowcato said:

RM did say that and if everything goes to plan that could be the case but… recovery from serious injuries doesn’t always go to plan and can often result in a follow on injury. 

With Lis going, is there a possibility that we sign no keeper, run with two senior guys and an u21 keeper as back up until January and then re-assess?

56 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

I just don't see why he'd want to commit himself in that way rather requesting a standard loan deal.

Maybe he said, ‘I don’t want to be a loan’. Or was that the Bee Gees, I forget which?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dellyears said:

They’ve put money in but not much intelligence. Why chase a keeper who has missed 190 games in 6 years for instance?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

He would be playing and obviously backs himself to impress potential suitors.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DT said:

Absolute shambles. Called it on the keeper but was only half  joking. Now the Rasmus scatter gun is unleashed on all the clever clever jewels that reflect oh so welll on his uncanny genius. Or so he says. Last seen getting Nathan Jones in. Absolute shit show. 

What's shambolic about pulling out of a deal cos the kid failed his medical? Sounds sensible to me. You'd have had a point if we signed him though. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

I'm a bit pissed off by the lack of anything positive from the club

what, like promotion, introducing safe standing and signing a host of new players like Sugawara, THB, Downes, Les, Fernandez, BBD and Archer? 

I understand your frustration, especially in the goalkeeping department, but there has been some `positive' things from the club over the last four months.

• Like 16

Wasn’t Tom Fellows the WBA guy that was completely non-existent in the four games he played against us last season? 

ABK loan out.
Charles loan out.
Onuachu out, probably for a fee.
Alcaraz out.

Ramsdale in.

A panic buy winger in.

A panic buy striker in.

😁

Positivity lads

8 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

I'm a bit pissed off by the lack of anything positive from the club and the goalkeeper debarkle is the icing on the cake. For me this window has put us stronger for the Championship but not for the premiership. Selling alcaraz and not playing existing expensive players TP who can score is crazy. I have the unfortunate situation where I have to work around those blue scaity bastards down the road and I hoped this season might make us the dominant force and it feels like the worst thing might happen again and they leap frog us at the end of the season.

What is just as annoying is there are user on here who will now try and destroy my opinion.

I'm gonna try and ignore this all now and come back once the window shuts

Promise?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Wasn’t Tom Fellows the WBA guy that was completely non-existent in the four games he played against us last season? 

ABK loan out.
Charles loan out.
Onuachu out, probably for a fee.
Alcaraz out.

Ramsdale in.

A panic buy winger in.

A panic buy striker in.

😁

Positivity lads

Was he the guy that was looking lively at the playoff first leg at their place. There was one player that stood out and made the 2 chances they didn’t take, might have been their other winger though?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Was he the guy that was looking lively at the playoff first leg at their place. There was one player that stood out and made the 2 chances they didn’t take, might have been their other winger though?

I'm pretty sure it was Fellows, yeah.

I thought he looked really dangerous in that first leg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orkney Saint said:

You know this is the 'Summer Transfer Window 2024' chat, yeah? 😉

In all seriousness, I tend to agree with you. But then it appears there are others on here who think we shouldn't be looking at "Champ players". Not sure where the money is coming from to buy Premier/Top level players? Loans, I guess? 

Haha. Thanks man.

Yeah if you scroll through social media a lot of people seem to think we’ll be bashing out £30m here, £25m there and it’s just not realistic.

You can tell some of those people have never understood business or finance even to a basic level, they take games like FIFA as gospel 😂

We aren’t in a position to spend stupid unfortunately and won’t be for a number of years, assuming of course we stay up.

There aren’t many people on here that are like the scenario above - but a few slip through the cracks on occasion. 😂

• Like 3