Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

10 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Red Star Belgrade make enquiry over Lyanco.

When I see Belgrade, I can’t help think Golac, if only we could get a Golac equivalent now.

( Yes, I know he signed from Partizan before the purists jump on it). 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Red Star Belgrade make enquiry over Lyanco.

That's so weird, I was literally just reading about Red Star Belgrade on Wikipedia as I just signed a CB called Strahinja Erakovic from them (Or Crvena zvedza as they're known in the game).

Who is additionally my upgrade to Lyanco. Spooky. (I'm also trying to sign Vinicius Jr on a free but he doesn't want to know for some reason...)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

If you want to have a laugh get over to Twitter. The amount of people who have drawn up their new team for next season, new signings etc would have to believe we are signing seventeen new players and spending £200M. 😂

Our last season in the PL saw us spend circa £140m

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Money well spent.

Who knows what our budget is this summer - I do know I'd rather spend, say, £120 million on 4 good £30 million players that would improve the team than on 6 £20 million players. Not that I think our budget will be anywhere close to that without shipping players off, that's just a hypothetical.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Badger said:

I thought it was more of a case that we had an option at an agreed fee, but the player just rejected the move 

We had an option to buy but athletico had to pay us a fee to cancel that so they could sell him to another club. After his great season here on loan he got a lot of interest and spurs swooped in to nick him. I believe he would be happy to come or spurs but spurs got the deal done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Sun reporting we are in for Sepp Van Den Berg.

Apparently the player is annoyed at being priced out of a move.

If they are asking £20m for a player that’s been on loan since 2019 they are indeed delusional and killing the lad’s career. 

8 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Given what happened in said season, is that an argument for spending more or less this time around...? ;)

24 minutes ago, trousers said:

Given what happened in said season, is that an argument for spending more or less this time around...? ;)

I would wager our budget is probably about £80Million, But I imagine we will re-coup about 50/60Million in sales so I reckon we could spend close to 140 again.

39 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I would wager our budget is probably about £80Million, But I imagine we will re-coup about 50/60Million in sales so I reckon we could spend close to 140 again.

Not sure where we recoup 50/60M.

Who are we selling this time around?

ABK. Perraud  Sully. Mara? There's not a lot of family silver left to shift.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Not sure where we recoup 50/60M.

Who are we selling this time around?

ABK. Perraud  Sully. Mara? There's not a lot of family silver left to shift.

ABK, Lyanco, DCC(Obligated), Perraud, Alcaraz, Sulemana & Onuachu.

KWP and Bednarek only have 1 year left on their deals too so if they don't extend both will certainly be sold.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

ABK, Lyanco, DCC(Obligated), Perraud, Alcaraz, Sulemana & Onuachu.

KWP and Bednarek only have 1 year left on their deals too so if they don't extend both will certainly be sold.

Is there £60M total there?

10 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Sun reporting we are in for Sepp Van Den Berg.

Apparently the player is annoyed at being priced out of a move.

Mentioned Tuesday, £20m Liverpool say they want.

6 hours ago, Suhari said:

Is there £60M total there?

Yes, I believe so.

AbK £15/20M

DCC £3M

Lyanco £2M

Perraud £7M

Alcaraz £15/20M

Sulemana £15M

Onuachu £12M

On the lowest estimations it's about £70M. 

39 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Yes, I believe so.

AbK £15/20M

DCC £3M

Lyanco £2M

Perraud £7M

Alcaraz £15/20M

Sulemana £15M

Onuachu £12M

In a dream world perhaps.

Nobody is paying £15m for Sulemana or £7m for Perraud. 

The kind of clubs who will take them will only be intetested in loans.

Besides, for players like Sulemana and Onuachu in particular we will still be paying their sizeable fee installments so you can take that off anything we do get too.

Basically no chance of raising anything like £70m for these players.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Yes, I believe so.

AbK £15/20M

DCC £3M

Lyanco £2M

Perraud £7M

Alcaraz £15/20M

Sulemana £15M

Onuachu £12M

20 million max. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Yes, I believe so.

AbK £15/20M

DCC £3M

Lyanco £2M

Perraud £7M

Alcaraz £15/20M

Sulemana £15M

Onuachu £12M

Jesus wept.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We need players who are possession based players as the manager doesn't want to change his system.  See how that goes in the premier league.  However those sort of players at the required level are better than players we have and are being mentioned with and more importantly will cost more than 20 million we so desperately want to spend per player.  So it will be a very interesting summer 

50 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

I'd get

Jack Clarke and Bellingham 

Callum O'Hare

Some Left back mush!

Ings or Broja up top 

And a Defensive Midfielder mush

Window sorted 

Kinda agree with everything bar the striker department. No ings for me.

Broja if we think that he still has the same attributes than before his ACL. Otherwise get a striker with pace and power.

1 hour ago, ally_uk said:

I'd get

Jack Clarke and Bellingham 

Callum O'Hare

Some Left back mush!

Ings or Broja up top 

And a Defensive Midfielder mush

Window sorted 

Maybe if we'd got Mbappe on a free but now he's going to Real I think Jude will want to stay there.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Maybe if we'd got Mbappe on a free but now he's going to Real I think Jude will want to stay there.

Jobe Bellingham you sandwich! Plays for Sunderland.

Rumours doing the rounds we are actually interested aswell 👍 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I really don't get the love for Ings and Broja.  Ings played 20 games last year and scored one goal. I loved his time here and was disappointed when he left, but he was a bit injury prone. Imagine the uproar on here if we were linked to another 31 year old striker that scored just one goal last season. As for Broja, he was on fire for the first half-dozen games that he played for us, but after his injury he hasn't been the same player and has done little of note since. Surely we need to hit the ground running next season......very hard to play "catch up" in the PL.

Edited by miserableoldgit
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Yes, I believe so.

AbK £15/20M

DCC £3M

Lyanco £2M

Perraud £7M

Alcaraz £15/20M

Sulemana £15M

Onuachu £12M

What has Sulemana done since we signed him to warrant a £15m fee? Irrelevant what we paid for him, we had our pants pulled down as per Carrillo by another French side.

When you think of standout Championship players like Clarke potentially fetching £15m, there is no way Sulemana is going to attract a bid anywhere near. If we got any permanent offers for him it would be £5m tops in my opinion. We wouldn't sell him for that as we want to protect our investment, so players like him will only ever go out on loan. Ditto Onuachu and ABK.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

What has Sulemana done since we signed him to warrant a £15m fee? Irrelevant what we paid for him, we had our pants pulled down as per Carrillo by another French side.

When you think of standout Championship players like Clarke potentially fetching £15m, there is no way Sulemana is going to attract a bid anywhere near. If we got any permanent offers for him it would be £5m tops in my opinion. We wouldn't sell him for that as we want to protect our investment, so players like him will only ever go out on loan. Ditto Onuachu and ABK.

Might as well keep Sule if we only get 5m offers.

Thought I would have a go at working out what we need (playing 4-1-2-3):

GK: New + Baz + Lum

RB: KWP + Bree

LB: New + Larios + Meghoma

CB: THB + Jan + ABK + Stephens

DM: New or Downes + Shea

CM: New + Will + Charlie + Aribo

LW: AA + Ryan F

RW: New + Kamaldeen + SAA

ST: New + Ross

So basically new starting 11 at GK, LB, DM, CM, RW & ST

Probably a pipe dream!

Loan Out: Sekou & Sam Edozie

Out: Alex, Manning, Rothwell, Stu, Che, Brooks, Lyanco, Tall Paul & Perraud

Probably harsh to keep Kamaldeen rather than Edozie, but I think Sam needs a complete season as a first choice like Tella at Burnley to see if he can ever develop the end product.

Can probably make an argument to offer Stu a short term deal too, but personally I reckon its time to move on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Yes, I believe so.

AbK £15/20M

DCC £3M

Lyanco £2M

Perraud £7M

Alcaraz £15/20M

Sulemana £15M

Onuachu £12M

I don't think we will get more than about £8m for Onuachu. We are going to need two Turkish sides to want him, otherwise clubs know he is very much surplus to requirements and might just offer another loan. 

We will get buttons for Perraud. He couldn't get a game all season at Nice and is out of contract in a year. We will be lucky to get a loan that pays all his wages. We will get nothing for Lyanco, also out of contract in a year's time.

I can see clubs only being interested in loaning ABK, Alcaraz and Sulemena, as per last year. Their stock may well have gone down over the last 12 months.   

So, if the DCC move is actually £3m, my low is £11m in, plus maybe a loan fee here and there. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I agree with you, Sulemana might as well stay and be an impact option on the bench. He was a regular through the autumn for Martin, got that bad hamstring injury, Ryan Fraser went from impact sub, scoring vital late goals at Hull and Millwall, to starter and never let anyone else have a look in. Sulemana could play further forward if we’re one down with 25 to go and a side have dropped off.

Very disappointing for what £22m, but Rasmus was hopeless. Alcaraz I’d keep as showed some form in the PL last time, but Onachu if grey can get £8m plus full wages take it, and draw a line under it, as he’s a few years older and depreciation eats into the value. ABK they won’t sell unless they get above circa £17m, which they won’t get until clubs are confident his shoulder is fixed. He was at the PO final and I’m happy for him to compete with THB, Jan and Jack, as we’ve got so much other business to do all over the squad.

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Chez said:

I don't think we will get more than about £8m for Onuachu. We are going to need two Turkish sides to want him, otherwise clubs know he is very much surplus to requirements and might just offer another loan. 

We will get buttons for Perraud. He couldn't get a game all season at Nice and is out of contract in a year. We will be lucky to get a loan that pays all his wages. We will get nothing for Lyanco, also out of contract in a year's time.

I can see clubs only being interested in loaning ABK, Alcaraz and Sulemena, as per last year. Their stock may well have gone down over the last 12 months.   

So, if the DCC move is actually £3m, my low is £11m in, plus maybe a loan fee here and there. 

Agree, the only fees will be £8m for Onachu, £3m as agreed on DCC (he was cheap to buy as his reputation was slipping), Perraud similar fee, and Lyanco’s case, dumping the wages would be a result. Whoever thought even at £6m that was a good purchase should never be allowed near professional football again. 

Of course, the one fee that we don’t want to contemplate is KWP. But the reality is that he only has a year left, at 27 in his prime. Spurs have a £30m buyback apparently should they want to use it but are notoriously stingy and were hoping Leeds won so they could pick him him off for £15m. Now Saints will want £25m at least and rumours of Chelsea interest which might push Spurs up. The best case is that KWP signs a new deal with maybe a relegation release clause for £20m or so, but this has to be part of the equation. 

Edited by Gloucester Saint

2 hours ago, miserableoldgit said:

I really don't get the love for Ings and Broja.  Ings played 20 games last year and scored one goal. I loved his time here and was disappointed when he left, but he was a bit injury prone. Imagine if we were linked to another 31 year old striker that scored just one goal last season. As for Broja, he was on fire for the first half-dozen games that he played for us, but after his injury he hasn't been the same player and has done little of note since. Surely we need to hit the ground running next season......very hard to play "catch up" in the PL.

Ings is a busted flush, he had one great year with us and he will want to forget all that followed. Broja had four or five good games for us but looked bored in other games and did nothing for Chelsea, even before his injury. Forget them both. We need to look for a future not a faded past

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Dellyears said:

Ings is a busted flush, he had one great year with us and he will want to forget all that followed. Broja had four or five good games for us but looked bored in other games and did nothing for Chelsea, even before his injury. Forget them both. We need to look for a future not a faded past

I think with Ings people can sometimes forget what he can do when he's a regular. At both Villa and WHU he has been in and out of the side, on the bench, unused sub, 10 mins here and there etc. He's a player who 100% needs games to build up momentum.

When we first got him on loan from Liverpool it took him a while to get up to speed, he picked up a few niggles and didn't really set the room alight in his first year. I remember there being some debate if £20m was good use of our money to make his loan permanent.  But once he played regular his injury's cleared up, his confidence rose and the rest is history.

I wouldn't be totally against an Ings return, as a regular he knows how to score goals and he will score goals.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Baird of the land said:

Hopefully if we're struggling again this January that window will remind the club what an awful idea it is to try and spend big money in January.

Good point. I think it's safe to assume that, at best, we will be just outside the bottom three come January, so it won't be a surprise and signings made in absolute desperation.   

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

If Wolves get Broja then they probably won't want Adams. Does that mean we are stuck with useless p**** if he fails to find another club or will he just be an outcast.

He’s not our player any more.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I think with Ings people can sometimes forget what he can do when he's a regular. At both Villa and WHU he has been in and out of the side, on the bench, unused sub, 10 mins here and there etc. He's a player who 100% needs games to build up momentum.

When we first got him on loan from Liverpool it took him a while to get up to speed, he picked up a few niggles and didn't really set the room alight in his first year. I remember there being some debate if £20m was good use of our money to make his loan permanent.  But once he played regular his injury's cleared up, his confidence rose and the rest is history.

I wouldn't be totally against an Ings return, as a regular he knows how to score goals and he will score goals.

One year left of his contract at West Ham. His current wages are going to be out of our league, so not sure we are ever going to be in for him on a permanent move (as we'd have to match his current wage, at least for a year). A loan might be an option, but West Ham are perhaps more likely to keep him as a squad player than loan him out paying `half' his wages.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Chez said:

One year left of his contract at West Ham. His current wages are going to be out of our league, so not sure we are ever going to be in for him on a permanent move (as we'd have to match his current wage, at least for a year). A loan might be an option, but West Ham are perhaps more likely to keep him as a squad player than loan him out paying `half' his wages.

I think he's on upwards of 100k, so you're probably right there. It depends on how much the player pushes for it, if he's happy to sit and pocket 100k for nothing then fair enough and RIP his career - but if he wants to get out and play and makes that clear to them, I'm sure WHU aren't going to keep a player who wants to leave.

Edited by S-Clarke

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think he's on upwards of 100k, so you're probably right there. It depends on how much the player pushes for it, if he's happy to sit and pocket 100k for nothing then fair enough and RIP his career - but if he wants to get out and play and makes that clear to them, I'm sure WHU aren't going to keep a player who wants to leave.

I wonder if he has the self awareness to sometimes think to himself that leaving Southampton was a bloody stupid move. He played arguably his best football here. Grass wasn’t so green was it?