Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

10 minutes ago, Jaime said:

So, who is on the list as the desperately needed 9?

Broja (??) - we won’t pay £30m, and can’t loan another fromChelsea 

Abrahams - aren’t they talking £30m  ? Forget it 

Ioannidis - no idea, is he any good even ? 

Kalimuendo - hadn’t heard of him, but Wikipedia says 5’9” , we don’t need another shortarse 

Think the club need to dig a bit deeper on this one. Not holding my breath

Just now, miserableoldgit said:

In his after match interview on Solent, RM said that we needed a striker or a wide man....IIRC.

No he was mainly talking about Ross Stewart being our striker ! Having hardly played in a year and never in Prem this can only end one way!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, miserableoldgit said:

In his after match interview on Solent, RM said that we needed a striker or a wide man....IIRC.

Wonder when the penny dropped for the knobhead to reach that conclusion.  

• Like 2

Just now, Give it to Ron said:

No he was mainly talking about Ross Stewart being our striker ! Having hardly played in a year and never in Prem this can only end one way!

Are we really pinning our hopes on him ? 

If he can’t play then perhaps we should just fast track Stewart to take over the manager’s duties.

• Like 1

Just now, Badger said:

Are we really pinning our hopes on him ? 

If he can’t play then perhaps we should just fast track Stewart to take over the manager’s duties.

That’s what he said or intimated wasn’t just me heard that way either in car we couldn’t believe what hearing.

Its ok we will have £7m from TP you know a centre forward who is fit!

6 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Yes, it was a fkin ridiculous statement given he’s never played in this league….or anywhere for 18 months. RM is a twat sometimes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Give it to Ron said:

That’s what he said or intimated wasn’t just me heard that way either in car we couldn’t believe what hearing.

Its ok we will have £7m from TP you know a centre forward who is fit!

I couldn't believe my ears either, lets trust a striker who has missed  almost 2 seasons and who has never played in the PL. 

Thatll work

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lambtiss said:

I couldn't believe my ears either, lets trust a striker who has missed  almost 2 seasons and who has never played in the PL. 

Thatll work

Do you really expect RM in an interview with a journalist to say "Don't worry we are negotiating for 3 attacking players here are their names, and here is where they will fit into the team" ?!

No he's going to play his cards close to his chest; say that he can see we need help and try to give a sensible answer about our attacking players. All the attacking players on the pitch were toothless today so he can't talk about them. Talking up Dibling would pile unnecessary pressure on a youngster. Realistically Tall Paul will be sold and not become our saviour. So who does that leave: Ross Stewart - who is at least tall and solid unlike most of our attackers.

As a football fan you've surely seen enough interviews to know how this works.

We do need to add some final third beef to the squad though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

It didn’t take long for a lot of you to turn on RM then. Two games, ffs.

Who has turned on him? We are calling what we see and he says isn’t that correct rather than just accepting?

Were you happy with what you saw today?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

Penny will drop soon he's a stubborn limited manager who will take us one way as he won't or can't adapt to epl

Pretty sure you said that last season too. And he took us in the opposite direction to what you thought. 

Two games in and the fuckin hissy fits have started already

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

Penny will drop soon he's a stubborn limited manager who will take us one way as he won't or can't adapt to epl

Bit like someone who won't or can't adapt to their manager being a success.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Bit like someone who won't or can't adapt to their manager being a success.

We all want him to be a success switching managers costs us what 15m in last few years? Changing managers isn’t an option even if go down but looking at today wasn’t there a better change than taking Suga off and KWP over again?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

We all want him to be a success switching managers costs us what 15m in last few years? Changing managers isn’t an option even if go down but looking at today wasn’t there a better change than taking Suga off and KWP over again?

Him being a success or not is not going to come down to a sub you didn't like. Don't think Sugawara offered much going forward at all today and on the basis we had spent 70 minutes struggling to create anything it felt like a different plan was a good idea.

• Like 2

Just now, Fabrice29 said:

Him being a success or not is not going to come down to a sub you didn't like. Don't think Sugawara offered much going forward at all today and on the basis we had spent 70 minutes struggling to create anything it felt like a different plan was a good idea.

What did KWP offer or Smallbone or Aribo? What did Armstrong offer? What was the different plan? 
Putting an ineffective Diaz in the middle with Archer is a different plan.

If our whole attack is based around right full backs being effective we are in bigger problem than a 0-1 with what 2 shots in 90 mins

1 minute ago, Give it to Ron said:

What did KWP offer or Smallbone or Aribo? What did Armstrong offer? What was the different plan? 
Putting an ineffective Diaz in the middle with Archer is a different plan.

If our whole attack is based around right full backs being effective we are in bigger problem than a 0-1 with what 2 shots in 90 mins

KWP was by far our best attacker today so if you want to die on any bashing hill then I really suggest you do it on the one marked "why did you move KWP from the left" and not the "what did he offer?" one

• Like 1

We seem to play with AA wider on the right, and BBD wider on the left, with nothing in the middle, no one breaking from midfield to get into the striker position. 

I thought Dibling looked good when he came on but he also tends to drop deeper to get the ball. Team shape looks a little like it doesn’t know what it is trying to do right now. 

And AA looks lost playing I the EPL, don’t know if it is a mental thing, but totally different player. I get he is up against better players but he looks like he can’t do much at all right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I turned on him last year.

Love people like this. Willing to stick to your guns in spite of all evidence knowing that one day, however many years of success we have in between, it will go wrong and you'll be right. It's great messageboarding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Love people like this. Willing to stick to your guns in spite of all evidence knowing that one day, however many years of success we have in between, it will go wrong and you'll be right. It's great messageboarding.

I think you'll find I have been consistent. I detest his style of football and I am still waiting for these "many years of success". I don't harp on about it all the time but today was abject. 

• Like 8

Years of success in between 😂

Im not saying the manager will be a success or not, but your post is a bit dramatic and over stretching the truth to put it mildly. 

Im not convinced we will end the season with the same manager, and he obviously needs more games, and another 2 or 3 players, but I really hope we dont look as toothless upfront as we did today, and that is on the manager. 

It was similar to the frustrating parts of last season when we could break with pace, and the players stop, turn round and play it back. If the manager doesn’t want to play like that, most manager would rip into the players from the touchline and it’d change in game. It don’t appear to happen. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

I’m looking forward to those. How soon on the horizon do you see them ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fabrice29 said:

KWP was by far our best attacker today so if you want to die on any bashing hill then I really suggest you do it on the one marked "why did you move KWP from the left" and not the "what did he offer?" one

Bashing get a grip it’s an opinion and why is our right back our best attacker?

My point is it didn’t change anything shape wise or offer a change in tactics we still didn’t have an outlet or focal point we needed to bring in others. The change bringing in Taylor I liked gave us balance and best cross across box.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I think you'll find I have been consistent. I detest his style of football and I am still waiting for these "many years of success". I don't harp on about it all the time but today was abject. 

7 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Years of success in between 😂

Im not saying the manager will be a success or not, but your post is a bit dramatic and over stretching the truth to put it mildly. 

Im not convinced we will end the season with the same manager, and he obviously needs more games, and another 2 or 3 players, but I really hope we dont look as toothless upfront as we did today, and that is on the manager. 

It was similar to the frustrating parts of last season when we could break with pace, and the players stop, turn round and play it back. If the manager doesn’t want to play like that, most manager would rip into the players from the touchline and it’d change in game. It don’t appear to happen. 

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

I’m looking forward to those. How soon on the horizon do you see them ? 

RM and his abject style is currently 1 for 1 in terms of success and if he keeps us up that'll be 2 for 2, so lets just see how that pans out shall we. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

It doesn’t matter who we sign if we don’t play 4-3-3.

Playing three centre-backs only invites pressure and screams “defending for your life or playing for a point”. Against Man City that would be acceptable, but against the bottom ten not at all.

That was a big opportunity today.

Not once was Forest’s defence tested.

We’ll have big issues if we don’t go back to having a ST or a CF. 

I’ll care if there is no change in a weeks time. In the meantime there’s no point getting caught up in every single rumour. Agents will be having a field day for the next seven days.

• Like 4

RM and his abject style is currently 1 for 1 in terms of success and if he keeps us up that'll be 2 for 2, so lets just see how that pans out shall we. 

He's proven his style can get us out of the championship (just about). The jury is well and truly out as to whether it can keep us up though. The early signs are not good at all though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

It doesn’t matter who we sign if we don’t play 4-3-3.

Playing three centre-backs only invites pressure and screams “defending for your life or playing for a point”. Against Man City that would be acceptable, but against the bottom ten not at all.

That was a big opportunity today.

Not once was Forest’s defence tested.

We’ll have big issues if we don’t go back to having a ST or a CF. 

I’ll care if there is no change in a weeks time. In the meantime there’s no point getting caught up in every single rumour. Agents will be having a field day for the next seven days.

Fuck off with this shit as well. Just utter bollocks. We've stuck a 3rd "CB" if you want to call it that, in for quite a while now and at no point has it screamed playing for a point or defending for our life. Not last season, last week or today have we defended for our life. The extra player at the back has allowed us more control in possession and on turnovers. There's probably very valid arguements for different systems but you lose the arguement immediately if you talk bollocks like this. 

Edited by Fabrice29
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

He's proven his style can get us out of the championship (just about). The jury is well and truly out as to whether it can keep us up though. The early signs are not good at all though.

The early signs have shown us we played well against one team and not so well against another. That's what early signs have shown us, nothing else. The jury will be out until the end of the season when we do it or we don't. That's the nature of the competition. Luckily, for people who enjoy talking crap like "hasn't proved himself in the PL yet" or "the jury is still out as to whether we can stay up or not", there's loads of games left until it's decided whether we stay up or not, so milk it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

We seem to play with AA wider on the right, and BBD wider on the left, with nothing in the middle, no one breaking from midfield to get into the striker position. 

I thought Dibling looked good when he came on but he also tends to drop deeper to get the ball. Team shape looks a little like it doesn’t know what it is trying to do right now. 

And AA looks lost playing I the EPL, don’t know if it is a mental thing, but totally different player. I get he is up against better players but he looks like he can’t do much at all right now.

It’s noting to do with a mental thing he is another one of those players who is good in the championship but not quite good enough for thr premier league, there have been dozens of them over the years he, sadly, is another. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fabrice29 said:

Fuck off with this shit as well. Just utter bollocks. We've stuck a 3rd "CB" if you want to call it that, in for quite a while now and at no point has it screamed playing for a point or defending for our life. Not last season, last week or today have we defended for our life. The extra player at the back has allowed us more control in possession and on turnovers. There's probably very valid arguements for different systems but you lose the arguement immediately if you talk bollocks like this. 

Now, now. No need to get shirty. “More control in possession”, you say. Control of what? Is the obvious reply. Today we played as though we didn’t know what the main point of the game was; that of putting the ball in the other team’s net.

In my view there were two players today who were responsible for our lack of ambition or objectives.

Stephens put a dampener on our game whenever he received the ball. He is too ponderous and slow in thought.

Smallbone was the other. All he did the first half was ping the ball back first time whenever anybody passed it to him. After half time this had changed and I can only assume that Martin had spoken to him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s noting to do with a mental thing he is another one of those players who is good in the championship but not quite good enough for thr premier league, there have been dozens of them over the years he, sadly, is another. 

This is the reality btw. People can push their agendas about things they've chosen not to like, 3 at the back, Stephens, RM, passing it to each other, whatever it may be but the reality is if your main goals and assists man is out of his depth in terms of speed of thought and foot then the rest of it becomes meaningless. 

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Now, now. No need to get shirty. “More control in possession”, you say. Control of what? Is the obvious reply. Today we played as though we didn’t know what the main point of the game was; that of putting the ball in the other team’s net.

In my view there were two players today who were responsible for our lack of ambition or objectives.

Stephens put a dampener on our game whenever he received the ball. He is too ponderous and slow in thought.

Smallbone was the other. All he did the first half was ping the ball back first time whenever anybody passed it to him. After half time this had changed and I can only assume that Martin had spoken to him.

Control of possession. You literally just typed it before you asked the question.

And yes, we were too slow today when we had the possession, Forest were quicker in thought and physically, that will happen because we weren't in this league last year.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Little confused by that, this wouldn’t constitute “many years of success” described.
It seems a bit of an imaginary utopian state. JRM’s “sunlit uplands” springs to mind. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

The early signs have shown us we played well against one team and not so well against another. That's what early signs have shown us, nothing else. The jury will be out until the end of the season when we do it or we don't. That's the nature of the competition. Luckily, for people who enjoy talking crap like "hasn't proved himself in the PL yet" or "the jury is still out as to whether we can stay up or not", there's loads of games left until it's decided whether we stay up or not, so milk it.

Jeez your so blinkered, we played well against 1 team not so well against another, 1 had 10 men for 60 odd mins that we refused to change and actually got  worse as the game went on, the other with one of our rivals for relegation where we showed absolutely fuck all ambition and were slow negative from the start and never looked like scoring along with iffy subs and tactics, that is all on RM, there is no agenda it's just the fact he's too stuck in a way that won't work, it only just worked in the championship and will not in the EPL

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

This is the reality btw. People can push their agendas about things they've chosen not to like, 3 at the back, Stephens, RM, passing it to each other, whatever it may be but the reality is if your main goals and assists man is out of his depth in terms of speed of thought and foot then the rest of it becomes meaningless. 

Does having the only other forward and player you have a good relationship with 50 yards away on other wing hamper that? Are you wondering what to do with it before controlling it etc?

Im not against 5 at back but no outlet or focal point doesn’t help this team or tactically.

• Like 3

Just now, danjosaint said:

Jeez your so blinkered, we played well against 1 team not so well against another, 1 had 10 men for 60 odd mins that we refused to change and actually got  worse as the game went on, the other with one of our rivals for relegation where we showed absolutely fuck all ambition and were slow negative from the start and never looked like scoring along with iffy subs and tactics, that is all on RM, there is no agenda it's just the fact he's too stuck in a way that won't work, it only just worked in the championship and will not in the EPL

This is the big concern. RM needs to wise up very quickly or the situation will get beyond him.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Sacrificed an attacking player for a defensive player. And it’s not yielded positive results.

Not difficult. 

You can’t compare this season and last season. Completely different situations.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Little confused by that, this wouldn’t constitute “many years of success” described.
It seems a bit of an imaginary utopian state. JRM’s “sunlit uplands” springs to mind. 

If you cant even read the words I wrote properly, I think we're done.

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Sacrificed an attacking player for a defensive player. And it’s not yielded positive results.

Not difficult. 

You can’t compare this season and last season. Completely different situations.

You can if you want to be factual. You cant if you don't. 

• Haha 1