Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

7 minutes ago, DT said:

Watch him cock it up again tomorrow, to no-one’s surprise. Russ will say it was bad particles in the air or something. The keeper blindness goes on. 

Tbh it’s up to the outfield players to stop needlessly passing back to a keeper who isn’t great with the ball at his feet. They by and large cut it out at the end of last season so it can be done.

• Like 9

I was about to pick up on the blindness coment. In the press conference Russ literally said that we have a long list of options we are looking at and that "We definitely need help in that department."

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good moan eh.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Tbh it’s up to the outfield players to stop needlessly passing back to a keeper who isn’t great with the ball at his feet. They by and large cut it out at the end of last season so it can be done.

Then let’s ask why they are doing it again this season? It can only be because they’re under instructions.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

How the hell is it keeper blindness? We are in the process of getting someone else in. This takes time. If we don’t get a keeper in by the end of the window, fair enough, have your say then. But really strange post considering the news over the last few days.

What a miserable fuck you come across as, always negative, always moaning, and as thick as shit.

Fucking fence sitter, say what you really mean. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Hopper said:

I was about to pick up on the blindness coment. In the press conference Russ literally said that we have a long list of options we are looking at and that "We definitely need help in that department."

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good moan eh.

This is DT though. He will have a moan up over pretty much anything, it's all in his mind most of the time.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, manji said:

Fucks sake leave the poor fella alone. He will be as gutted as anyone. I saw him play in the B match before his last injury he looked ready to rip the championship apart. His hamstring injury couldn’t have been predicted. It’s pointless rushing him back especially if we have the loan striker in the bag 🤔

Poor fella? He cost the club a significant outlay in the championship for zero return. Not to mention the millions he's made in wages with us to date.

32 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Poor fella? He cost the club a significant outlay in the championship for zero return. Not to mention the millions he's made in wages with us to date.

Harsh, I am sure he would give up some of those wages to be fit again and doing what he is paid to do. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lambtiss said:

Harsh, I am sure he would give up some of those wages to be fit again and doing what he is paid to do. 

Agree. Can't imagine the last two years has been easy for him what so ever. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Old news FFS, keep up.

No it isn't. It was posted on Twitter at 18.28

Where else on this forum has it been said Saints involved in buying Ramsdale if we stay up? That is new information, previously it was just talked about as a loan with no option or obligation to buy.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 11

I thought all the Ramsdale rumours the last couple of days have been a smokescreen for the Bijlow deal.

But maybe Ramsdale is the real target and Bijlow was the fake news to hurry up Arsenal :eek:

• Like 1

Just now, Saint NL said:

I thought all the Ramsdale rumours the last couple of days have been a smokescreen for the Bijlow deal.

But maybe Ramsdale is the real target and Bijlow was the fake news to hurry up Arsenal :eek:

No I think you're more likely to have it right. Ramsdale's best mate is at Bournemouth and they have deeper pockets, so surely he Is more likely to go there? We may be ahead of Wolves though in his interest. 

Also there is the small matter of money. He would be comfortably our top earner if we were ever to pay all his wages. Does that potentially create a rift in the squad with a newbie?

2 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

No I think you're more likely to have it right. Ramsdale's best mate is at Bournemouth and they have deeper pockets, so surely he Is more likely to go there? We may be ahead of Wolves though in his interest. 

Also there is the small matter of money. He would be comfortably our top earner if we were ever to pay all his wages. Does that potentially create a rift in the squad with a newbie?

I very much doubt that. Given His pedigree I don't think anyone else in the squad could argue that he deserves his money. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Bournemouth seemingly have a different keeper in mind, not Ramsdale...

https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1826977418092929390?t=WkHS6d9KXr0EaNFZLhAQfw&s=19

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Where else on this forum has it been said Saints involved in buying Ramsdale if we stay up? That is new information, previously it was just talked about as a loan with no option or obligation to buy.

They also had this story yesterday. 

There is a world outside the forum where you can find information. If you’d checked that, you’d have seen that Arsenal have said they’d want an option / obligation if they were to loan Ramsdale out as they wanted a sale. So if (and still not convinced it’s true) we’re pushing for him on loan, it was always going to need an option or obligation as Arsenal want him sold.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

n/t

Edited by Turkish

11 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

They also had this story yesterday. 

There is a world outside the forum where you can find information. If you’d checked that, you’d have seen that Arsenal have said they’d want an option / obligation if they were to loan Ramsdale out as they wanted a sale. So if (and still not convinced it’s true) we’re pushing for him on loan, it was always going to need an option or obligation as Arsenal want him sold.

There was no news story yesterday from Sky Sports that said Saints were in discussions that included the potential for a purchase if Saints stay up.

They said yesterday Saints were preparing a loan offer. There was no mention of option to buy or obligation to buy if we stayed up. That has only come out tonightand is not the same as what they said yesterday!

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 1

🚨🔵 Brighton are closing in on Matt O’Riley deal with Celtic, verbal agreement almost done!

O’Riley set to become next signing for #BHAFC after Kadioglu done, working on final details then all sealed.

Here we go, soon. 🇩🇰

Fabrizio Romano

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

There was no news story yesterday from Sky Sports that said Saints were in discussions that included the potential for a purchase if Saints stay up.

They said yesterday Saints were preparing a loan offer. There was no mention of option to buy or obligation to buy if we stayed up. That has only come out tonightand is not the same as what they said yesterday!

Ok Fabrizio, thanks for the update.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Sky Sports reporting... Southampton are in talks with Arsenal over a loan deal for Aaron Ramsdale. Discussions also include the potential for a purchase if Saints stay up.

https://x.com/SkySportsLyall/status/1827035312675057967?t=PMZ0d3be--v4Ldvjhp_bLg&s=19

I'd much rather Ramsdale to Bijlow, who's recent injury record isn't great. 

A realistic obligation price seems fair, he's only 26 and realistically could be our GK for the next 8-10 years given his quality.

A small outlay in the long run if we stay up and make it permanent

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Appy said:

As soon as the fee went above 20 with Brighton involved, it was never happening with O’Riley, hopefully we’ve got another ace up our sleeve. 

Do you think the ace is Fenandes? (Genuine question)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, SfcPhil said:

🚨🔵 Brighton are closing in on Matt O’Riley deal with Celtic, verbal agreement almost done!

O’Riley set to become next signing for #BHAFC after Kadioglu done, working on final details then all sealed.

Here we go, soon. 🇩🇰

Fabrizio Romano

How is a verbal agreement almost done?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Do you think the ace is Fenandes? (Genuine question)

Possibly, would still hope there’s an attacking addition of some sort. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

£30m is mad. I for one don’t blame the club for not indulging in those sort of prices. 

£30m for EPL quality is peanuts if he is that good. It’s just that we don’t have that kind of money.

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

£30m for EPL quality is peanuts if he is that good. It’s just that we don’t have that kind of money.

We do. We just wouldn't then be able to sign a keeper or striker.

Despite al the hype about the O'Reilly transfer i dont recall us making a bid since the paltry one of about £15m was rejected about 6 weeks ago about the same time as Atlanta getting knocked back, no real link since. Most of the talk and excitement about signing him seems to have been generated on here with a lot of people saying we have to sign him because other people are saying we had to sign him. 

• Like 3

Even if we did want to spend the £25m + £5m on a player such as O’Riley, we are just not as attractive a proposition for such a player at this time as Brighton. Plenty on ‘X’ suggesting we messed this up, in reality we were just inevitably not the most appealing option for the player. Martin’s relationship gave us a little bit of hope but it’s hardly a surprise that he’s choosing Brighton over Saints. Same with Gakpo (Liverpool) and Ramos (PSG).

If we get Ramsdale, then that would be very impressive given our current position. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

But we also don't know he's "EPL Quality" because he's never played that level. It would have made me nervous as hell to pay £20m+ for him. £25m rising to £30m is a big risk.

Not saying he isn't "EPL Quality" just that we don't know..

• Like 1

Without seeing either player but my hunch is that MF has a higher ceiling than MOR but time will tell. Before Celtic MOR was an absolute nobody. He's obviously done very well in the SPL but the average quality of that league must be league one / two so there is no way of telling how he will fair in the PL. Obviously no guarantees about MF either but I'd imagine our recruitment team will have determined he is better value for money with real prospect of having significant resale value. 

• Like 3