Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I was told the second player was Ramsdale but to be fair he could be taking the piss so big pinch of salt. 

I mean I don't believe it, But imagine that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Don't think I believe it either to be honest. Interesting to speculate though. 

Just gotta think, the guy is young for a GK and up until the last season was Arsenal's number 1.

10 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What is the point of the medicals?

The Loch Ness Drogba showed they're pretty pointless!

A medical isn't something you pass or fail. It's a risk assessment. We must have considered that the potential reward was worth the risk.

• Like 10

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Only been had if I believe him! I'm very sceptical but transfer gossip is more fun than no transfer gossip. 

IF and a giant IF, your friend is correct then the signing would set the tone.

I'm more leaning go Macca signing a contract extension and him being first choice.

2 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I'm more leaning go Macca signing a contract extension and him being first choice.

That would be quite depressing. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I just don't see why we don't bring in a half decent keeper. It's probably the easiest position to sign someone for. 

Tbf, Macca is half decent IMO. What I'd like is a top GK, Can we just fuse Maccas shot stopping and command of his box with Bazunus ball playing ability and throw In not getting beat at his near post too for good measure. 🤔 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CB Fry said:

In a perfect world Wilcox would still be here. If Rasmus or Parsons were sat here now I'm sure they'd say that. 

But he's not.

We're talking about replacement candidates with 6 month notice periods or huge release clauses. Even if we get someone tomorrow they probably won't be in a position to do anything this summer.

So we have to get on with it. There are people in place to scout and recruit and negotiate and buy and sell.

As others have said, Wilcox was a rookie director of football anyway, he wasn't doing great big million pound deals on players before he came to us. This would have been new ground for him even if he had stayed.

At the end ofthe day he wasn't here long enough to be missed as much as you are crying about. We go on.

FWIW you are right. Yes a complete U turn from me. 

24 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I just don't see why we don't bring in a half decent keeper. It's probably the easiest position to sign someone for. 

Based on our past performance that is clearly not the case. Not sure we have signed anyone half decent since Niemi.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Isn't Ramsdale just as bad as Mccarthy with the ball at his feet? Thought that was one of the main reasons he was pushed out for Reyna. 

14 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Based on our past performance that is clearly not the case. Not sure we have signed anyone half decent since Niemi.

Just because we haven't done it much doesn't mean we can't. There's loads of examples of smaller teams bringing in good keepers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

More chance of Harry Ramsden 

Big fear in the PL - do you expect us to get battered every week ? so he might fit in

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Ramsdale 😂😂😂

Good rumour based solely on him having a day out (probably on the piss) in fancy dress with a few mates !! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kjurwi said:

An THB stays a Saint post on the official site would be nice, nervous we'll do an Alderweireld thing and lose him.

The bloke literally said it himself on Sky after the game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kjurwi said:

An THB stays a Saint post on the official site would be nice, nervous we'll do an Alderweireld thing and lose him.

Literally the player, the manager and the whatever Phil Parsons is have all said it but you're worried because there's no website post about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I was told the second player was Ramsdale but to be fair he could be taking the piss so big pinch of salt. 

It's plausible that Ramsdale may be loaned out somewhere as you would think he's too good to be happy to stay on the bench for another season playing second fiddle to Raya. Whether we could pull off signing him is more doubtful but we can dream!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Saint Pete said:

It's plausible that Ramsdale may be loaned out somewhere as you would think he's too good to be happy to stay on the bench for another season playing second fiddle to Raya. Whether we could pull off signing him is more doubtful but we can dream!

He's an injury away from being first choice at Arsenal. It's plausible he gets a loan move at some stage but it isn't happening in the first week of June and nor before the Euros. It also isn't happening before Arsenal sign another keeper. All that has to be overcome before he even contemplates playing for 20th ranked team in the league.

Edited by Fabrice29

14 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

He's an injury away from being first choice at Arsenal. It's plausible he gets a loan move at some stage but it isn't happening in the first week of June and nor before the Euros. It also isn't happening before Arsenal sign another keeper. All that has to be overcome before he even contemplates playing for 20th ranked team in the league.

Yeah but he was hagrid in our end. It's nailed on. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kjurwi said:

It’s is done. Fuck me the player couldn’t have stated it any clearer 15 mins after last Sunday’s game

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kjurwi said:

Jesus wept.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, whelk said:

It’s is done. Fuck me the player couldn’t have stated it any clearer 15 mins after last Sunday’s game

He even said in a interview he's buzzing to be a saints player permanently too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24347159.taylor-harwood-bellis-delighted-stay-southampton-promotion/

From the article:

'Harwood-Bellis, now a Saints player, has loved his time playing under boss Russell Martin and is "buzzing" to stay at the club.

Speaking to the Daily Echo about the win and his future, he said: "I can't describe it. I can't put it into words.

"Just to know that I am going to be back next season, the deal was already signed, I can't believe it. I am so happy."'

Edited by Nolan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Love to be proved wrong but we’re not signing Ramsdale.

He’ll have plenty of better options, such as Newcastle. We should be aiming for Pope if at all possible once that happens.

Pope is also not great with his feet so doesn’t fit our model unfortunately, which is a shame as he’s otherwise a very solid top flight keeper. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

Pope is also not great with his feet so doesn’t fit our model unfortunately, which is a shame as he’s otherwise a very solid top flight keeper. 

Yeah it's also a shame that he, too, would have zero interest in joining us. This place is insane at times :D 

• Like 1