Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

If we can get Bijlow plus a decent quick, powerful centre forward who knows where the goal is this will complete a very good transfer window in my book. Fail to sort out a keeper and striker and we will have again failed to sort out two major weaknesses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saintant said:

If we can get Bijlow plus a decent quick, powerful centre forward who knows where the goal is this will complete a very good transfer window in my book. Fail to sort out a keeper and striker and we will have again failed to sort out two major weaknesses.

Bijlow and an attacker of some form would have me happy, whether that be a creative midfielder, winger or striker.

I think we've been clever this window and given ourselves a reasonable chance of survival, which would also have us in an extremely strong position to come back up again if we were to go down.

The added bonus of signing Bijlow (assuming it comes off) is still having a second PL loan spot to use then. I had assumed that the second loan would be used on a GK, but if we get that sorted with Bijlow I could very well see an attacker from a bigger PL club come in on loan in the final few days of the window.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, saintant said:

I’d be surprised if we don’t try for moukoko seems in our price bracket, record breaking youngest dortnund goal scorer .. seems the type we would be all over 

22 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Short(ish), powerful runner type of striker.  Good that we're still being linked to forward options but he seems quite similar to Archer and would be nice to have an alternative that gives us something different.  I guess we've got BBD to be a bit more physical and hold the ball up but he seems more comfortable on the left.

This fella has apparently turned down Leeds and Forest  when both in the premier league so not sure he'd be that interested in coming here either.

Cheers for the link though.

I don't disagree but if this rumour is true then I'm just heartened that they still recognise a weakness in our attack. Agree though id like someone tall and mobile if possible. 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't disagree but if this rumour is true then I'm just heartened that they still recognise a weakness in our attack. Agree though id like someone tall and mobile if possible. 

we'll we've got tall so 50% there.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Saint Rob speaks on behalf of all fans when he gives this one his blessing

Phew. I was waiting for that endorsement before getting excited. If he'd dismissed him then I'd know to stary being angry at the club. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Was Steklenburg actually good? I seem to remember him being "meh". 

I don't remember him doing anything wrong. 

Shame he's now 41. Could be a better option then the rest of our crop.

Just now, Colinjb said:

I don't remember him doing anything wrong. 

Shame he's now 41. Could be a better option then the rest of our crop.

No, I don't think he made any glaring mistakes but I don't think he made any amazing saves either. Basically the opposite of the likes of David James and Kelvin Davis etc who make brilliant saves and then let in back passes.

1 hour ago, John B said:

What do think of Chelsea buying up the better players and not playing them

Apparently Chelsea have a squad of forty or so players most on high wages including Sterling who would do a great job for us but not on £120000 a week

Sterling is on £325k a week

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

No, I don't think he made any glaring mistakes but I don't think he made any amazing saves either. Basically the opposite of the likes of David James and Kelvin Davis etc who make brilliant saves and then let in back passes.

He was exactly that. Everything that you thought he should save, he did. Everything that looked like it was probably going to be a goal, was. The definition of ‘steady’. Just a perfectly solid 7/10 every week. 

Edited by Midfield_General

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

He really wasn’t anything special, with the comfort of playing behind the best defence we’ve had in 40 years. Playing in this team, I think we’d have seen a lot more of his flaws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Stekelenberg was crap, sorry to go against the man of the people. 

• Like 3

Just now, Harry_SFC said:

Deal for Alcaraz to Flamengo is progressing and apparently they have agreed to include Victor Hugo. Looks like he's a young centre mid so presume he will be loaned to Goztepe. 

Doubt it. Looks like he's a highly rated attacking midfielder who wolves were interested in earlier I bthe window valued at 16-18 million euros. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Doubt it. Looks like he's a highly rated attacking midfielder who wolves were interested in earlier I bthe window valued at 16-18 million euros. 

Just watched a video - you're right. 

22 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Deal for Alcaraz to Flamengo is progressing and apparently they have agreed to include Victor Hugo. Looks like he's a young centre mid so presume he will be loaned to Goztepe. 

Victor Hugo could be quite miserables if he has to leave though

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Saint Rob speaks on behalf of all fans when he gives this one his blessing

other than Steklenburg being a Dutch GK, this is not giving me Steklenburg vibes at all.

and Victor Hugo?! Good god, that guy cant play with his left foot.

undefined

Edited by SaintTex

2 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

He was unspectacular but he got 63 caps for the Netherlands, I think ‘crap’ is a bit harsh 

Crap for us I mean, was like he couldn’t save anything. 

7 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Looks a baller. Unbelievably quick feet. Seems very left footed but very creative and positive on the ball. 

I'm late to the party on this.  Is this going to be a Goztepe-loan out?

43 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Also known as Les Miserable

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, egg said:

Ha!! I sacked off the Ramsdale rumour the minute it started - he was never coming here. 

Not sure about this Biljow lad though. As good as he seems,  that injury record is a concern. 

We like signing injury risk players #ross Stewart 

5 hours ago, Pengi said:

Never fear, Captain Jack will still be here. 🙄

Can captain Jack play in goal. You know how russ loves to squeeze him in somewhere and maybe Mccarthy's captainship for the last few games is a clue

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I LOVE this!! More shithousary from the team please - we've been far too nice for too long, I quite like some of this for a change. Don't want other teams to like playing us, bring a little of the 90s Wimbledon crazy gang back, without the OTT fouling. 

And in line with Russells wanting us to be exactly that: a "nasty" team to meet.  Last season.
What he meant was of course that other teams would hopefully run out of energy running after the ball all the time with our pass and move style.......

3 hours ago, John B said:

What do think of Chelsea buying up the better players and not playing them

Apparently Chelsea have a squad of forty or so players most on high wages including Sterling who would do a great job for us but not on £120000 a week

Stirling is on 300k per week

45 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Looks a baller. Unbelievably quick feet. Seems very left footed but very creative and positive on the ball. 

Fam he plays like he’s on cheat mode

• Haha 2