Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

Just now, egg said:

Ha!! I sacked off the Ramsdale rumour the minute it started - he was never coming here. 

Not sure about this Biljow lad though. As good as he seems,  that injury record is a concern. 

I think we coukd probably get away with McCarthy playing the odd game and it not completely feck up our survival chances. Hopefully the injuries were just freakish occurances. 

• Like 2

Just now, Saint Scott said:

She certainly likes her fruit 🍑 

Screenshot_20240821-144800.thumb.png.710febb1ac011b967da5db298910de63.png

She's so thin, her necklace has slipped down.

And pockets on bikinis? What will they think of next!

(Does this officially make it more posts about Bijlow's missus than about Bijlow himself? 😁)

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I think we coukd probably get away with McCarthy playing the odd game and it not completely feck up our survival chances. Hopefully the injuries were just freakish occurances. 

I'm sure our crack* medical team are on the case.... ;) 

*interchangeable word

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

She appears to be a keen supporter of the Oranje 

dayenne-huipen-v0-gjk8aeb8n57d1.jpeg.webp

If she’s young, hungry and guaranteed to improve I look forward to seeing what she’s like with a couple more years development 

She might actually have made me forget about us not having replaced Danny Ings for 4 years.

26 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Not the most reliable source in the world but absolutely brilliant news if we are still being linked with a striker. 

Screenshot_20240821_144814_X.jpg

An actual centre-forward too.... blimey... :)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

If Saints keep going like this in the transfer market none of us will recognise the team that takes the field at our second home game. It will be Saints alright but not as we know them!

Coming together very nicely

Edited by manji

17 minutes ago, trousers said:

An actual centre-forward too.... blimey... :)

He will cost north of €25M.
We quite literally have just released a young French striker with potential but the insanity virus still lurks that says we must get another young French 5ft 9” short striker in return and quickly - and even more expensive. Like we did not learn anything the first time.

For the same-ish money but more wages we could be getting Arsenals Eddie Nktieh (sp) - you know someone who is young gifted and has actually played and scored in the EPL….speaks English knows the game the football tricks of the epl  OR a whole raft of strikers in that €25-€30m category that have goals and medals and experience - not just potential. 
Buying potential for this CF role ( and the keeper) was for last year. This year we needs saves and we need goals- immediately. Not in six or twelve months. I doubt we will get a CF but this Dutch GK guy seems to fit the immediately starts bill. 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, gio1saints said:

He will cost north of €25M.
We quite literally have just released a young French striker with potential but the insanity virus still lurks that says we must get another young French 5ft 9” short striker in return and quickly - and even more expensive. Like we did not learn anything the first time.

For the same-ish money but more wages we could be getting Arsenals Eddie Nktieh (sp) - you know someone who is young gifted and has actually played and scored in the EPL….speaks English knows the game thee we football the tricks of the epl  OR a whole raft of strikers in that €25-€30m category that have goals and medals and experience - not just potential. 
Buting potential for this role ( and the keeper) was for last year. This year we needs saves and we need goals- immediately. Not in six months when they acclimatised to English football. 

Err, you have realised that not all French strikers are the same? Henry was french. He was half decent. 

This lad may be a gem. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Fair point, although this new fella appears to be a tad more prolific than Mara, looking at his goalscoring stats...

image.png.464a30e80a92752b3f90ff3a740dd125.pngimage.png.8f0081c4154c311c2c879fa6986cbc30.png

Edited by trousers
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, egg said:

Err, you have realised that not all French strikers are the same? Henry was french. He was half decent. 

This lad may be a gem. 

Non!
 All young French strikers that we buy are no good. MF are fine. 😂.

Once bitten twice shy.

I dont like the Frenchmuch anyway  - ever since a Parisian waiter was haughty with me at a Paris boulevard cafe when I asked for butter with my croissant and he tried to explain to me that the croissant already had butter in it, which I knew , but he obviously considered me an ignorant English whatever back in 1985 so anyway I digress the less of them in the squad the better. This is my unbiased option of course. 😂. I don’t mind pommes frites. Nor a decent white ( or red) Burgundy. But I draw the line at their footballers. ❤️

Edited by gio1saints
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

I mean, Sudocrem? Couldn't you have changed that, if you were going to change it to his missus anyway?!?!? 

I could change it to Marmite, it'd still be me doing the slathering.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Not a fan of Morgan Schneiderlin then?

Nah he was a good player. But wasn’t  a centre forward. It’s them centre forwards I’m not in favour of. I’m just being joking around being hyperbolically zenophobic for the sake of it. 

For the record: I do not care what country what colour what religion what sexuality what politics even what hair style or range of tats or taste in food and music * our players have as long as they give 100% for Saints on the pitch. 

NB. Some tastes in music can be right dodgy though and it does make you wonder. 😂

Edited by gio1saints

my sources tell me the fee for our new Dutch keeper will be c£10m. We aint paying that and he aint coming here to be back up to Baz. If he's better than shit he'll be number one long term.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

my sources tell me the fee for our new Dutch keeper will be c£10m. We aint paying that and he aint coming here to be back up to Baz. If he's better than shit he'll be number one long term.

Shush LLSS

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rebel said:

I think the problem with Eddie Nketiah is his wages - he's supposedly on £120K a week at Arsenal.   

Same reason they have been struggling to shift Reiss Nelson by all accounts

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You must both have the same sauce 

download.jpeg.8bd76a03c75af1ec4ac91e0e99e3bad1.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Turkish said:

1 minute ago, Saint Scott said:

You must both have the same sauce 

download.jpeg.8bd76a03c75af1ec4ac91e0e99e3bad1.jpeg

"Chips without mayonnaise is not chips.” ™

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Turkish said:

"If he's better than shit...."

😃😃😃

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

If these guys want to play football, they are going to have to drop their demands. The clubs that are interested in them are never going to be able to match those wages. 

Football is their job they are not playing football as a hobby so why move

Just now, John B said:

Yup. There's no real reason to walk out on their salary, the club agreed to it after all. So they either get loaned out and get to play and their parent club offset the salary for a season or receive a contribution to reduce the outlay, or they get sold and the selling club has to help subsidise for a while

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John B said:

He said IF they want to tbf.

I'm fully supportive of players who want to do nothing and just take the money for the contract they signed. I'm also supportive of those who want to play football for less money. 

Whether money or playing time is their priority then good luck to them either way. But they can't have it both ways.

18 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Whether money or playing time is their priority then good luck to them either way. But they can't have it both ways.

Well they can, if they go to a club that is going to pay them the most because they want them to play for them. 

26 minutes ago, John B said:

I get that, and I realise its a short career, but surely these guys want to play every week? You train every week, then it comes to Saturday, at best a sub or at worst watching from the stands. Maybe my viewpoint is too simplistic. 

1 hour ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

If these guys want to play football, they are going to have to drop their demands. The clubs that are interested in them are never going to be able to match those wages. 

Nah, they'll get a loan with a wage split between their club and the other club. Absolutely no point clinging on to a player you don't want/need and paying all his wages. 

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I get that, and I realise its a short career, but surely these guys want to play every week? You train every week, then it comes to Saturday, at best a sub or at worst watching from the stands. Maybe my viewpoint is too simplistic. 

Retire with healthy knees and ten mil invested, or with knackered knees and 3 mil in the bank? Over simplified yes, but playing becomes insignificant if you can retire uber wealthy and healthy. 

26 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

He said IF they want to tbf.

I'm fully supportive of players who want to do nothing and just take the money for the contract they signed. I'm also supportive of those who want to play football for less money. 

What do think of Chelsea buying up the better players and not playing them

Apparently Chelsea have a squad of forty or so players most on high wages including Sterling who would do a great job for us but not on £120000 a week

1 minute ago, egg said:

Retire with healthy knees and ten mil invested, or with knackered knees and 3 mil in the bank? Over simplified yes, but playing becomes insignificant if you can retire uber wealthy and healthy. 

When they are not playing though they all get addicted to gambling and blow it all. Not to mention the lost appearance and win bonuses

1 minute ago, John B said:

What do think of Chelsea buying up the better players and not playing them

Apparently Chelsea have a squad of forty or so players most on high wages including Sterling who would do a great job for us but not on £120000 a week

Sterling is on over £350k pw I thought

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, egg said:

I guess we see football through different eyes as fans. 

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Aye. What a player does is different to what we'd want them to do as fans. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

Yep, contracted until 2027. That contract alone will earn him over £90m. 

Yep. Not a snowballs chance in hell that he'd rip that up to go play somewhere for significantly less money. Scandalous contract, but lovely if it's put in front of you to sign. 

30 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Same reason why Ivan Toney wants to go and trot round in front of 1,000 people in a pub league in Saudi for the next four years. He'll earn £100m doing it and retire at 35 able to set himself and his family up for generations to come, if he doesn't piss it all away on Betfair. 

Edited by Midfield_General
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

Yep, contracted until 2027. That contract alone will earn him over £90m. 

How much did Gareth Bale get from Real Madrid for playing golf every weekend?

1 minute ago, lumuah said:

How much did Gareth Bale get from Real Madrid for playing golf every weekend?

Originally a six year deal on £300k a week. Which they then extended. You can't blame him for staying put when they decided they'd changed their minds. Doesn't work like that lads! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

So, where are Saints up to in terms of signing a keeper? We seem to have been linked with at least four candidates in the past couple of weeks and several others before that:e

6 hours ago, Saint NL said:

I mean the headlines write themselves when he makes a mistake...

With news of the link to the Feryenoord GK I'm half expecting The Sun to run with a headline of 'Russell Martin seeks a Bijlow Job' , labelled 'exclusive' , and reference to his relationship status etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Not the most reliable source in the world but absolutely brilliant news if we are still being linked with a striker. 

Screenshot_20240821_144814_X.jpg

Short(ish), powerful runner type of striker.  Good that we're still being linked to forward options but he seems quite similar to Archer and would be nice to have an alternative that gives us something different.  I guess we've got BBD to be a bit more physical and hold the ball up but he seems more comfortable on the left.

This fella has apparently turned down Leeds and Forest  when both in the premier league so not sure he'd be that interested in coming here either.

Cheers for the link though.