Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

23 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Bijlow would be an absolute top quality gk signing. Sounds like we are advancing on the deal.

Agreed. Not someone i thought would be available or within our budget range - Was back to being their #1 at the end of last season.

I haven't been this optimistic about a goalkeeper signing in a long long time, could be the best keeper we've had since Niemi if he can get past the injuries. I don't think Baz will find it very easy to get back into the side over him.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 4

Just now, Saint86 said:

Agreed. Not someone i thought would be available or within our budget range.

I haven't been this optimistic about a goalkeeper signing in a long long time, could be the best keeper we've had since Niemi if he can get past the injuries.

I doubt he'd cost much and Saints can blow Feyenoord out of the water on wages.

Atlético Madrid reportedly made a bid of €2.5m for him earlier this summer which was rejected. So if that is the starting point on negotiations an agreed price isn't going to be out of our reach.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If we go through with this signing it does have the feeling that we're almost there. If we do lose Alcaraz then I really feel that we need one more attacking player as an alternative to Fernandes (Aribo is solid and works hard but without the trickery and bit of magic that Alcaraz provides.) if we got that and then maybe a winger I think we coukd be content even though you'd always want just one more. 

As you say.... We're "almost there" although I'm still concerned that we might be going into yet another season without a Lambert / Pelle / Ings type striker... i.e. a centre forward whose main attribute is their clinical finishing.  Is Archer that man...? I'm yet to be convinced...

Edited by trousers
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

As you say.... We're "almost there" although I'm still concerned that we might be going into yet another season without a Lambert / Pelle / Ings type striker... i.e. a centre forward whose main attribute is their clinical finishing.  Is Archer that man...? I'm yet to be convinced...

Exactly that. Just how many new midfielders do we need? Between them we could have paid for a half decent striker. Sigh. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

He does sound like a top keeper though who would be entirely out of our reach had he not had these injuries. Rather like Ipswich gambling with Broja, maybe this is the sort of move we need to do and hope it pays off to give us a good chance. 

Whizzo idea. Any injured strikers going cheap, possibly Scottish, playing for northeast Championship teams? Oh,apparently we’ve already emptied that well.

28 minutes ago, Kristian Loekkegaard said:

Until I hear Patricio or someone of his caliber is ours I will keep having sleepless nights, I'm afraid. 
Probably suffering from PTSD as I keep dreaming Stephens passing the ball to Macca, who immediately passes the ball to Isak :( 

Patricio can't pass either so those sleepless nights would continue.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Kristian Loekkegaard said:

I have been taught that almost every transfer rumour from Fabrizio Romano materializes :)
So - good rumour!

He’s basically a glorified Sky Sports account. But is solo rather than an organisation. 
All he does is source stories from the local journos and break them when they do. 😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

He’s basically a glorified Sky Sports account. But is solo rather than an organisation. 
All he does is source stories from the local journos and break them when they do. 😅

Not sure what you base that on. He's usually spot on, and about the only football journalist I take any interest in. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hatch said:

This new keepers girlfriend seems to be Dayenne Huipen

Google it yourself,  but be warned,   do NOT do it at work or in front of kids 😜

So continuing the policy of one out, one in, she is probably a replacement for Mara’s mum. Possibly an upgrade in view of age. 

Well done Saints, get the deal done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, sandwichsaint said:

So we are signing a Darren Anderton with gloves on?

I’m finding it hard to get past the number of games missed stat.

Concerning…. But that’s possibly why he’s available to us and affordable (remains to be seen). 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Not sure what you base that on. He's usually spot on, and about the only football journalist I take any interest in. 

thats due to clubs leaking details to him due to his 21.9million followers

Just now, beatlesaint said:

No wonder he gets injured a lot !!

Surprised at the wrist injuries though, you'd have thought with a girlfriend like that there would be no need to be knocking one out so frequently that he got an injury in that area

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

I am still confused as to how we could sign Cameron Archer from Villa as they had just bought him back from Sheff Utd - it wasn't a loan.  Someone please explain!?

Apparently it’s being investigated……!

18 minutes ago, trousers said:

I completely agree and I made a similar post this morning. I'm kind of resigned to our current strategy which seems to be sticking a few attacking okayers around the area and hoping one of them scores a few rather than having a focal point striker. Still some hope we could get a brilliant youngster on loan though and get them leading the line. Any ideas? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

He is given info from the numerous agent contacts he has.

Just now, Charlie Wayman said:

If Saints keep going like this in the transfer market none of us will recognise the team that takes the field at our second home game. It will be Saints alright but not as we know them!

Klingons on the starboard bow!

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, trousers said:

Hopefully Archer is the Mara replacement (i.e. 4th choice) and there's a big finish to the transfer window coming as we unveil a new CF on deadline day... 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

She appears to be a keen supporter of the Oranje 

dayenne-huipen-v0-gjk8aeb8n57d1.jpeg.webp

My wrists and fingers would be just a tad fragile too.Dont even mention my jawbone.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by saint lard
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Everyone else immediately mentally sacked off that loser Ramsdale and jumped aboard the Bijlow express? 

Ha!! I sacked off the Ramsdale rumour the minute it started - he was never coming here. 

Not sure about this Biljow lad though. As good as he seems,  that injury record is a concern.