Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

Just now, Saint Marky said:

I love the fact the COT didn’t have a clue about them.

@supertadic21 did though, anything else? 

We're two good signings away from me thinking we have a chance this year for the first time, I just pray we're able to do it. Ramsdale was always going to be a late one as they waited for a permanent buyer, but the Ajax link worries me as it'd surely be a preferable move for Arsenal. Truly who knows what's going on with MOR but I have a bit of hope there due to Brighton/Atalanta now seemingly looking elsewhere, and us bringing in good funds.

• Confused 1

Welcome Cam Archer - looks like you’ve got a couple of good feet, so let’s hope we get the ball to you so you can show what you can do with them.

Hint: you might need to wait for quite long spells.😜

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

There is a scary, electric player in Sulemana if he can get himself sorted. Made an impact in the prem last time, and took Leeds apart when we won 3-1 at SMS.  But obviously he isn't a preferred starter and arguably is getting caught by SAA and TB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chownie20 said:

There is a scary, electric player in Sulemana if he can get himself sorted. Made an impact in the prem last time, and took Leeds apart when we won 3-1 at SMS.  But obviously he isn't a preferred starter and arguably is getting caught by SAA and TB

Like a lot of lightening quick players all he really has is pace and that is of little use without a football brain to go with it. He has shown no sign that he'll be anything other than a speed merchant.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kjurwi said:

Call me insane, but i still think Sulemana will be great this season for us, if we do not sell or loan him out of cause.

Can I just ask what you're basing that on, given that he was utterly ineffective in the league below and has done absolutely nothing pre-season? Genuinely curious. 

11 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Excellent, another one (Archer) first told by the CoT earlier this week. Tbf we had no idea about Lesley. 

Well that's fair, Southampton only started speaking to Chelsea about Lesley on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chownie20 said:

I'm not seeing it. He has zero skill to get past players and is reliant on his speed but I don't actually think he's as quick as people make out him to be. Id sell him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

I'm not seeing it. He has zero skill to get past players and is reliant on his speed but I don't actually think he's as quick as people make out him to be. Id sell him.

Admittedly, there haven't been a lot of opportunities to see him at top speed with the whole field to run into, but he strikes me as someone with elite acceleration, but only over relatively short distances. If you compare him to someone like Doku or even prime Ronaldo, he just seems too slight to maintain that pace for long.

17 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Sulemana: I'm not seeing it. He has zero skill to get past players and is reliant on his speed but I don't actually think he's as quick as people make out him to be. Id sell him.

He was listed as the fastest recorded player at the 2022 World Cup.

So probably quite fast then 🤔

Edited by Patches O Houlihan
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

He is quick but the attackers who do well in Premier League also have power, which he has none of. His decision making is also horrendous. 

26 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

He is quick but the attackers who do well in Premier League also have power, which he has none of. His decision making is also horrendous. 

I've also very rarely seen him actually run with the ball under control at pace. 

50 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Archer reminds me a little bit of defoe in his highlights clips.

For me it’s the slowing down to assess what’s in front of him, control his breathing and not worrying about the defenders starting to catch him before he takes his shot that’s filling me with confidence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I can see another 3 in and 3 out before window closes.

Well Mr COT Farmer Saint flatly denied we would be bringing five players in a couple of days ago. Let's see if he's right... 

P.S. Gk, AM and winger please! 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Well Mr COT Farmer Saint flatly denied we would be bringing five players in a couple of days ago. Let's see if he's right... 

These are 3 areas we want to strengthen.

I wouldn't rule out another CF either., we wanted one anyway and now we've sold Mara and replaced him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer Saint said:

Excellent, another one (Archer) first told by the CoT earlier this week. Tbf we had no idea about Lesley. 

You’ll need to go back a few weeks on the thread but I’ll think you’ll find some of us did 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

He can beat a man all ends up and he has electric pace. I'd keep him.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Not if we were selling players I didn't...go gaslight someone else. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

These are 3 areas we want to strengthen.

I wouldn't rule out another CF either., we wanted one anyway and now we've sold Mara and replaced him.

I still don't understand why we didn't go for Szmodics. He played with BBD at Blackburn. Scored 33 in all competitions last season.and has already got 3 goals in 2 games this season. Much cheaper than O'Reilly. 

On paper Ipswich's recruitment looks very impressive. 

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

Sorry, you're assuming that if we sold 15 players I would say we're only signing 3?

Where did I mention anything about how many people we sold? I said that by the end of the summer we would probably be looking for another five players in total and you said "we're not signing that many players". There was no qualifier about how many players we were selling although that's an easy thing to say now. Who one earth thought a few days ago that we weren't going to sell a number of players? 

• Like 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Where did I mention anything about how many people we sold? I said that by the end of the summer we would probably be looking for another five players in total and you said "we're not signing that many players". There was no qualifier about how many players we were selling although that's an easy thing to say now. Who one earth thought a few days ago that we weren't going to sell a number of players? 

If you knew how quiet the phones were, you would. 

Now stop bullshitting/gaslighting and be happy that we've signed one. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I still don't understand why we didn't go for Szmodics. He played with BBD at Blackburn. Scored 33 in all competitions last season.and has already got 3 goals in 2 games this season. Much cheaper than O'Reilly. 

I wish we were Ipswich.

5 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

They play different positions for a start. Where would you expect Szmodics to play? 

• Haha 1