Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

5 minutes ago, maysie said:

Out of interest am I doing something wrong when copying and posting a tweet as it never seems to embed?

Need to manually replace the 'x' with 'twitter' in the URL.... :)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 6

I have seen on here that Archer looks pretty quick but from the clips he runs away at first but the defenders do seem to be able to get to him. Hopefully im wrong and he is Rodney Wallace pace

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I have seen on here that Archer looks pretty quick but from the clips he runs away at first but the defenders do seem to be able to get to him. Hopefully im wrong and he is Rodney Wallace pace

Some good goals in there, yeah.
I always thought his speed was one of his main attributes in his game. 15 million pounds.
Sounds fairly exciting to be honest. Sign, seal, deliver and whole-heartedly welcome, Cameron Archer.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, trousers said:

Dare I say he reminded me of Danny Ings watching that....?

I get Longy vibes. A willing runner with a good turn of pace and solid finisher albeit not overly consistent.

Edited by Hopper

54 minutes ago, V.Johnathan.Wilson said:

I'd imagine that Sheffield played a lot more direct than us which necessitate the need for either Archer or another number 9 to have good holdup play. 

Well they got relegated so it wasn't that good. 

If we're able to pull off the O'Riley tranfer now, it would actually be transformative. BBD, Archer and Arma with MOR feeding them would be a huge upgrade on last season.

I'd even suggest as it is that Smallbone's eye for a pass/assist with these three is exciting.

Edited by Hopper
  • Like 2

I'm a little confused but glad we got him.
Villa sold him to S.U. last summer for around 18 mill. I get that 👍 ,
BUT
was there an "immediate buy back" agreement in the event of S.U. relegation since Archer seems to have had a full pre-season with Villa?  And have we therefore
signed him from Villa? 

Just now, Kristian Loekkegaard said:

BUT
was there an "immediate buy back" agreement in the event of S.U. relegation since Archer seems to have had a full pre-season with Villa?  And have we therefore
signed him from Villa? 

Yes and yes 

• Like 1

BUT
signed him from Villa? 

Yeah this is exactly it. He was bought for 18 Mil but paid in installments with a buyback on the provision they were relegated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kristian Loekkegaard said:

BUT
signed him from Villa? 

Yes that's exactly what happened. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hopper said:

Yeah this is exactly it. He was bought for 18 Mil but paid in installments with a buyback on the provision they were relegated.

Genius by Sheffield United.

Imagine if we did that with all the crap we brought two seasons ago!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Yes and yes 

5 minutes ago, Hopper said:

Genius why the hell did we not think of doing this with half our squad purchases?? Problem solved.

1 minute ago, Hopper said:

1 minute ago, Hopper said:

Thank you 👍 never really heard of such a deal between a selling and a buying club before but I kind of like it.
It seems sober enough.  The player got his get out of relegated S.U. wish fulfilled, a proper pre-season at Villa and a new contract elsewhere. Ok :)  

3 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

Genius why the hell did we not think of doing this with half our squad purchases?? Problem solved.

Because we wouldn't have made 60 million for Lavia or however many millions for Tino for a start. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I know many disagree but I'd still try again for Ings if Stewart isn't really going to play much again. I don't think BBD is really a striker and I'd still worry about having enough up top. 

Was thinking the same thing, if we are on a constrained budget then Ings would IMO be a shrewd acquisition.

He's never been a player that relied on pace so his age is less of an issue than for other strikers. Most importantly he knows where the goal is.

3 hours ago, Hawkswood said:

I think the upturn in mood is probably to do with Mara leaving. For actual money !

Can we try and sucker someone to part with cash for Sulemana too please? 🙏🏻 

Could do with some funds towards a meaningful winger.

Lucky to get half of what we paid.

9 minutes ago, Cabrone said:

Was thinking the same thing, if we are on a constrained budget then Ings would IMO be a shrewd acquisition.

He's never been a player that relied on pace so his age is less of an issue than for other strikers. Most importantly he knows where the goal is.

He was also at his best when played with a support striker and it seems we have a couple of those in BBD and Archer. I don't expect us to and maybe we can't justify his wages but if tall paul and Mars both goes I still think we are a bit light. 

24 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I know many disagree but I'd still try again for Ings if Stewart isn't really going to play much again. I don't think BBD is really a striker and I'd still worry about having enough up top. 

Horrible to say, but I don't think anyone should expect to see Stewart again. I think he's done and is going to be forced to retire, sadly.

I can see an unexpected, leftfield deadline-day loan coup happening for a more traditional no. 9 striker that comes out of nowhere. Either that, or we end keeping Onuachu, which personally I wouldn't be against. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midfield_General said:

Horrible to say, but I don't think anyone should expect to see Stewart again. I think he's done and is going to be forced to retire, sadly.

I can see an unexpected, leftfield deadline-day loan coup happening for a more traditional no. 9 striker that comes out of nowhere. Either that, or we end keeping Onuachu, which personally I wouldn't be against. 

I certainly hope so. I'd possibly even go so far as to say that a proper striker would be above a winger in terms of what we need after goalkeeper and AM. 

33 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I wouldn't per se mind for a second if Ings came back, as I can see him score a few important goals for us, and he's the last Saints striker to get 20+ PL goals in a season. However, how much money would he demand per week?

I wouldn't per se mind for a second if Ings came back, as I can see him score a few important goals for us, and he's the last Saints striker to get 20+ PL goals in a season. However, how much money would he demand per week?

£120k per week, and apparently he won't drop that, so personally I think that rules him out

• Sad 1

Just now, Midfield_General said:

£120k per week, and apparently he won't drop that, so personally I think that rules him out

Probably but if they effectively tell him he won't be playing much or at all this season then I suppose it depends how much he fancies sitting around. 

• Like 1