Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

2 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Hmmm. Only two loan spots, goalkeeper and striker the priority, but a Downes alternative is/was also very much necessary this summer. Don't know too much about him, shame there isn't a buy option, but if he's a success here he may not want to go back and sit behind the thousands of other Chelsea midfielders and they'll probably sign five more next summer.

Only two domestic loan spots..

Hmmm. Only two loan spots, goalkeeper and striker the priority, but a Downes alternative is/was also very much necessary this summer. Don't know too much about him, shame there isn't a buy option, but if he's a success here he may not want to go back and sit behind the thousands of other Chelsea midfielders and they'll probably sign five more next summer.

Only 2 loan spots from other premier league teams. Non premier league loans still available 

I suppose it also suggests to Charles (who is presumably about to go out on loan) that he isn't being entirely replaced and he can work his way back in here when Ugochukwu's loan and his own loan (wherever he may end up) ends

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

I suppose it also suggests to Charles (who is presumably about to go out on loan) that he isn't being entirely replaced and he can work his way back in here when Ugochukwu's loan and his own loan (wherever he may end up) ends

Personally I would rather keep Charles and develop him, unless letting him go enables another transfer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

From his Wikipedia… I’m going with not really.

Considering Fabrizio Romano had this to say today, I'd say he's not half bad. 

Understand Michael Zetterer was number one replacement option for Man City in case Ederson had left the club. Zetterer now supposed to start the season with Werder Bremen although 3 other Premier League teams could still try to sign him; OM also considered him in July.

48 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

I think in football or in any job, sometimes places work out and sometimes they don’t. Every club has ones which don’t go their way. 

Lemina was a good signing. He has shown himself to be a great premier league player in short spells. We all knew if he had the mindset he could be quality. But the timing was wrong. However, that is actually an example of good scouting. Technically he’s a brilliant footballer. 

It’s all the others on that list that are shocking. Like… what the actual fuck were the scouts looking at? I watched 5 minutes of Guido Carrillo and it was obvious he was atrocious. Same with many of those others. Just never, ever premier league players, let alone top half which is where we were at the time. 

The club are just blind/stupid in certain positions. Bazunu is another example. Ludicrous, ludicrous money. 

Does anyone know anything about the back room recruitment team? Did they all leave with Cortese? 

I sincerely hope we have sacked anyone involved with most of the last few seasons’ scouting and recruited people that actually watch football 

iirc Carrillo was brought it at the behest of Pellegrino, who chose his former striker over the long-scouted Raul Jimenez and pro coke trafficker Quincy Promes. I think it was reported that one person from the recruitment team even wrote a letter of resignation to protest the signing, saying that their data showed Carrillo to be dog shite. It says something that even Mark Hughes, who was a dreadful manager for us, only gave Carrillo one start and one sub appearance before recognising him for the dross that he was and freezing him out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint_lambden said:

Considering Fabrizio Romano had this to say today, I'd say he's not half bad. 

Understand Michael Zetterer was number one replacement option for Man City in case Ederson had left the club. Zetterer now supposed to start the season with Werder Bremen although 3 other Premier League teams could still try to sign him; OM also considered him in July.

1 minute ago, Give it to Ron said:

Had 2 bad injuries though 

Fair do’s gents, I’ve probably gone too early!

Lesley Ugochukwu is 1.90m tall and looks a bit of a unit.  Would beef up our midfield.  Looks like ABK, plays like a combination of Victor W and Morgan S (what’s not to like) but seems to have missed most of the past year with a hamstring injury and he has a girl’s name - but I’ll leave you to tell him that.

2 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

The new captain of Wolves. Not so much we wasted money on him, but we wasted his talent.

No, he wasted his talent by deciding he wasn't going to bother to play for us.

• Like 2

Just now, saintant said:

No, he wasted his talent by deciding he wasn't going to bother to play for us.

Funny how people mis-remember players like that. If Wolves have a properly tough season this year, Lemina will be the first player to down tools and go missing. The Primark Pogba.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

download (2).jpeg

Jeez you’re good!

Right. She’s a northern lass called Lesley, saying to her mate, whose turn it is next, “you go, chuck”, whilst making a “w” sign with her arms and a “u” with the rope. Took me a while, but I got there (stupidly thought you meant Oliver Skipp for a while 🤦‍♂️). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

If the Incoming player is a loan DMF then the outgoing loan or sale is our Back up DMF - Shea.

The Only definitive “ I love Shea” comment I’ve heard is from Brendan Rodgers at Celtic. And Shea has been mentioned as part of a combo deal package for MOR. 

So, maybe there’s hope. 

2 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Is he any good?

Had a good spell at Boro, not so much at Sheffield United. Probably a Championship level striker but young, hungry and could improve.

Edited by SNSUN

5 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Already dreaming of the numbers that the Arma - Archer - BBD front three put up next year in the Championship.

We literally are the next Sheffield United.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Is he any good?

I thought the consensus on here earlier in the week was that after his time with Sheffield Utd, he was, well in a nutshell, shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Had a good spell at Boro, not so much at Sheffield United. Probably a Championship level striker but young, hungry and could improve.

This is probably a fair summary. He has done fairly well for the England u21s which hints at potential.

From what I’ve seen he is a decent finisher with a bit of pace. Not exactly a hulking centre forward but can hold off a defender.

5 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

6 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Here we go again. We need a player for now, not in two or three years. We’ve got plenty of them.

Seems a player we might end up struggling to get shot if in twelve months time.

Certainly hope the fee isn’t c £18m. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UpweySaint said:

This is probably a fair summary. He has done fairly well for the England u21s which hints at potential.

From what I’ve seen he is a decent finisher with a bit of pace. Not exactly a hulking centre forward but can hold off a defender.

A hulking centre forward …. Probably more what we need. 

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

I like how he puts "understand" he's literally just taken that from Ornstein. 

'I just read on the interweb that Cameron..." 

Talentless. Stealing a living.

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Here we go again. We need a player for now, not in two or three years. We’ve got plenty of them.

Seems a player we might end up struggling to get shot if in twelve months time.

Certainly hope the fee isn’t c £18m. 

We’ve tried ‘player for now’ with Tall Paul and that didn’t work. Imagine we won’t want shot of Archer in 12 months as he’ll either have been good and we stay up, or not and we go down, at which point he will be good because he’s shown it in the Championship.

On a related note, a front 3 of BBD/Archer/Arma could be the greatest Championship attack of all time 😂

• Like 1

Wonder what system we'll be playing then? The 532 would probably see Aribo miss out in midfield for Ugochukwu, and would suggest Archer is rotation/back-up to Arma/BBD.

Return to a 433 fits them both in but means he'd have to drop his best mate Stephens? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

I think you're forgetting just how hard it was to close the deal for goal every other game striker Guido Carillo.

Probably rates as my lowest point in 49 years as a Saints fan, even more embarrassing than relegation

• Like 1

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

Wonder what system we'll be playing then? The 532 would probably see Aribo miss out in midfield for Ugochukwu, and would suggest Archer is rotation/back-up to Arma/BBD.

Return to a 433 fits them both in but means he'd have to drop his best mate Stephens? 

Or maybe, and I realise this is probably quite an outlandish suggestion, there'll be flexibility depending on the game, personnel and opposition? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Second time we've been linked with Archer. 

I hate Archers - The Archers and Jeffrey Archer. All deceitful cowards. I've just realised that only applies to Archers and Jeffrey Archer, not The Archers which to be fair are a mixed bag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

Not really sure I was blaming the club, as you seem to have interpreted. Clearly he wasn't a waste of money, in fact it sounds like he may have been a bargain. But we weren't able to manage him, whether anything more could have been done is open to debate, but clearly he wasn't beyond help. I wasn't very impressed when he was here.and was more than a little surprised to read the Wolves thing today. There are people able to manage these mavericks, clearly we didn't have such people. I'll stand by what I said though, he wasn't a waste of money.

Disagree.

You can polish a turd all you like, but it's still a turd

Just now, skintsaint said:

I hate Archers - The Archers and Jeffrey Archer. All deceitful cowards. I've just realised that only applies to Archers and Jeffrey Archer, not The Archers which to be fair are a mixed bag.

sterling archer GIF

• Like 1

Just now, SaintNewForest said:

Or maybe, and I realise this is probably quite an outlandish suggestion, there'll be flexibility depending on the game, personnel and opposition? 

Fans in discussing their ideal best 11 shocker, cheers for that absolutely useless reply.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Badger said:

I thought the consensus on here earlier in the week was that after his time with Sheffield Utd, he was, well in a nutshell, shit. 

He could be the 4 goal a season striker we've been waiting for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4