Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

12 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

How can it be so difficult to resign Fraser??  I guess he's being a greedy ****?!

Think there is a problem between Howe and Fraser, who is wanting a pay off and Saints wanting him on a free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

#FreeBrownhill

:lol:

great joke glad you got a good response

22 hours ago, le_tiss said:

anyone watch the Luton V Burnley game last night? - a few players i wouldn't mind from either side

Josh Brownhill is one i would have wanted for some time but alas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Brownhill

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-brownhill/profil/spieler/293569

chips in with a few goals rated at £15m 

#freejoshbrownhill 😉👀

:classic_sad:

philippe-senderos-football-pouting-b9das

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

33 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

Re-signing KWP on a new contract to play LWB would be a boost at this stage. Not sure it will happen though and if it did I’m not sure where that would leave Taylor 

LCB in a back 5.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, trousers said:

Wasn't this lad hailed as "the next big thing" coming out of the academy a couple of years ago...?

He did his ACL after U16's which caused him to miss most of a season which obviously held back his development. Good luck to him, hope he does well.

Edited by The Cat
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

He did his ACL after U16's which caused him to miss most of a season which obviously held back his development. Good luck to him, hope he does well.

Agreed with this. A really nasty injury which did set him back. Good luck to him. He looked a good talent.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

Also is it slightly weird that Hoffenheim have tried to sign three different centre backs and all three have failed their medicals? 

'We tried, but...'

• Like 1

Don’t try and convince me the squad has more quality for this coming season,than it did last season. 
if we can’t ship anyone of worth out…we are buggered. 
No additions of worth coming in thus far and it’s looking dire.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Don’t try and convince me the squad has more quality for this coming season,than it did last season. 

Yup, PSR is a fucker, as is your best players being on loan. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, saint lard said:

Truthfully we were the 4th best side in the Championship and won the play off. To improve that would need us t change loads of players toi improve never likely to happen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saint lard said:

You can't be serious...

That's a blow for ABK, hopefully not too serious for his long-term health - but in relation to us wanting to sell him, that's that - any suitors are now drifting into the sunset. We'll have to rip up his contract to get him off the books at this stage. So we're potentially going to have to lose money to get rid of him, just like we did with Carillo and Boufal. Our bad scouting has really harmed us for too long now.

There's no way back for him here as he's been excluded from the first team setup for many reasons. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

It seems like he wants a full pay-off for the final year of his deal.

I don't blame him I guess? But the priority to get that done rather than being here for preseason/the opening games has pushed me from wanting him back as a squad player to not being remotely fussed.

Haven't Arsenal offered to pay the last year's wages of one of their players to help with the transfer? Like Trousers has intimated, I'm hoping after the Newcastle game we will make one last push for him.

Am guessing we will still do a couple of loan signings. Let's hope there's some quality out there wanting to come our way. Last time in the premier league we brought in the experience of Maitland-Niles on loan!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Pretty despicable leak from Hoffenheim. Sensitive health information like that shouldn’t be in the public domain.

Like fuck will people want to even consider doing serious business with Hoffenheim with posts like that being sanctioned.

55 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Truthfully we were the 4th best side in the Championship and won the play off. To improve that would need us t change loads of players toi improve never likely to happen

We may have been the 4th best over the course of the season  but by the end of the season we weren't 4th best. How many times would we have had to beat Leeds to convince you of that?

To improve players need to improve not necessarily be changed. Just like runners or swimmers they do improve and we have a number with the scope to do so.

Big money signings have never really worked for us so I am excited to see who we will undoubtedly bring in before the end of the window. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Honestly, the morons on twitter sound so entitled. Just like the Liverpool fans after they may not even make 1 signing!

All football seems to be about these days is signing players, who can spend the most, the biggest fees etc.

I get annoyed reading all the club slagging off because we are amongst the biggest spenders this window, £40m outlay on two of our loan players from last year was needed - that can't just be brushed aside like it means nothing, that's still an enormous chunk of our budget that we had to put down.

I don’t think teenagers have much understanding on finances. 😂

That account doesn’t allow responses to it either, so you can’t ever challenge the tweet - makes it all the more funny.

It’s the equivalent of someone just shouting a new headline every thirty seconds. Craving for attention 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I don’t think teenagers have much understanding on finances. 😂

That account doesn’t allow responses to it either, so you can’t ever challenge the tweet - makes it all the more funny.

It’s the equivalent of someone just shouting a new headline every thirty seconds. Craving for attention 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

It's because there were so many people slagging him off in the replies. If you can't take it, then don't post it in the first place. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

So landed in Egypt 72 hrs ago… 

not gone near any WiFi ..🛜 the minute I log on .. fuck me wot has happened..? Anyone ? Short version please 

ABK heart problem and failed medical which means we have no money for transfers. 

2 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

So landed in Egypt 72 hrs ago… 

not gone near any WiFi ..🛜 the minute I log on .. fuck me wot has happened..? Anyone ? Short version please 

Nothing. 

End of report

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

The guy is a fucking moron who never seems to go to any games. Hence why I and many others have him blocked.

Fuck of mate I went to Huddersfield away last season 

• Haha 2

If we could spend £150 million say with no PSR, could SR even afford it? 

Anyway we utilised the loan window well last season so hopefully we can do the same this season. He says hopefully.

• Like 1

Sounds like we're basically floating down the river without a paddle. Just when you think we're recouping some money, the ABK news drops. I wish him all the best and I hope he can be reintegrated in some way, but his health is more important. Apart from KWP, I can't see any meaningful money coming in this summer, which likely means we're solely shopping in the loan market from here on in.

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

New free agent just became available. 

I mentioned him during the Euros, when he was running the show.  Cocky, jumped up, arrogant little shit!  I'd take him in a heartbeat for Saints. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

If we could spend £150 million say with no PSR, could SR even afford it? 

Anyway we utilised the loan window well last season so hopefully we can do the same this season. He says hopefully.

150 million would be fantastic, but I doubt that SR would be comfortable with spending such an amount of money. However, we should never forget that we actually sold players for more than 170 million pounds last summer (which unfortunately , more or less,  went into a dark whole as I understand it).  And then, yes, we made some pretty great loan signings last summer with Downes, THB, Fraser and (from January) Brooks. Manning on a free transfer was also totally ok, I thought.

On the whole very well done to achieve promotion after having sold so many players. Was it 18 players who left the club after we were relegated?

• Like 2

I always remember (just) Asa Hartford failing a medical to transfer to Leeds in the early seventies but carried on playing for West Brom then moved Man City a few years later and had playing career with other clubs for many years after. Obviously it depends what sort of heart condition with ABK they have 'apparently' found.

• Like 1

On a human level I feel really badly for ABK.

But he’d moved on from us and we’d moved on from him, and now we’ve got to deal with the consequences. It’s going to be a long term shitshow on many levels.

Obviously, it screws us in the short term because it’ll put the kibosh on some signing plans, but the longer term consequences are awful. A 12-15 million asset just depreciated to near-zero with one media release, and I have no idea what that means on the FFP front. Also, by calling it a “previously undetected” condition, Hoffenheim opens the door for our insurers to reject any claim because they’ll say it was a pre-existing condition. They really screwed us with those words.

I suspect that this will end up being a protracted legal wrangle, with us having to take on our insurers and/or Hoffenheim. Doubtless we’ll want ABK back here ASAP so we can try to get some medical opinions to support our case. And we’ll need to find out if there were any “pre-existing” signs when we did our medical. This stuff can take years to resolve.

What a fricking nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tom & Gerry said:

We may have been the 4th best over the course of the season  but by the end of the season we weren't 4th best. How many times would we have had to beat Leeds to convince you of that?

To improve players need to improve not necessarily be changed. Just like runners or swimmers they do improve and we have a number with the scope to do so.

Big money signings have never really worked for us so I am excited to see who we will undoubtedly bring in before the end of the window. 

3rd best at a pinch. But we still finished 4th in the table.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Think that's clear. With Carvalho gone I hope there's someone affordable we can actually buy. 

Missing out on Carvalho could be a bigger loss than MOR. Asprilla is still available, but who wants to get involved in that mess, and not sure we can afford him either.

11 minutes ago, CanadaSaint said:

On a human level I feel really badly for ABK.

But he’d moved on from us and we’d moved on from him, and now we’ve got to deal with the consequences. It’s going to be a long term shitshow on many levels.

Obviously, it screws us in the short term because it’ll put the kibosh on some signing plans, but the longer term consequences are awful. A 12-15 million asset just depreciated to near-zero with one media release, and I have no idea what that means on the FFP front. Also, by calling it a “previously undetected” condition, Hoffenheim opens the door for our insurers to reject any claim because they’ll say it was a pre-existing condition. They really screwed us with those words.

I suspect that this will end up being a protracted legal wrangle, with us having to take on our insurers and/or Hoffenheim. Doubtless we’ll want ABK back here ASAP so we can try to get some medical opinions to support our case. And we’ll need to find out if there were any “pre-existing” signs when we did our medical. This stuff can take years to resolve.

What a fricking nightmare.

By saying previously undetected it does the opposite because it says it is not a pre-existing condition so is insurable. Pre-existing conditions are either not insurable or demand larger premiums.

Also assets have nothing to FFP/PSR. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, CSA96 said:

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/beim-medizincheck-bundesliga-wechsel-von-dfb-verteidiger-ueberraschend-geplatzt 

According to BILD information, the second transfer of a defender to Bundesliga club TSG Hoffenheim has fallen through within 24 hours.

After Salzburg defender Oumar Solet (24), German international Armel Bella-Kotchap (22) from FC Southampton also failed the medical. According to BILD information, Bella-Kotchap is said to be suffering from a heart problem. The transfer of Solet fell through due to a serious knee injury.

When asked by BILD, Hoffenheim did not want to comment on the status of negotiations with Bella-Kotchap. The transfer was supposed to have taken place on Tuesday evening for a transfer fee of 15 million euros.

The transfer of another French central defender, Étienne Youté Kinkoué (22/Le Havre), to Hoffenheim did not materialize at the last moment.

Oh dear. I hope it's not too serious. I know he doesn't have too many fans on here, but I'm sure we all wish him well. Got to ask, why on earth are Hoffenheim revealing this kind of detail though. Is it not private medical information? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

By saying previously undetected it does the opposite because it says it is not a pre-existing condition so is insurable. Pre-existing conditions are either not insurable or demand larger premiums.

Also assets have nothing to FFP/PSR. 

I know you’re into this stuff so I’d appreciate some clarification. Wouldn’t a book loss have to end up in P&L? And if it’s in P&L, why would it not impact FFP.

Surely, “Previously undetected” doesn’t mean that it wasn’t pre-existing - it could mean that it existed but we didn’t detect it.

Martin was quite clear a week ago he hoped to have 1/2 through the door before the Newcastle game, this is clearly not happening which suggests we have failed with targets. We all know we are financially not able to compete with virtually every other Premiership team out there when it comes to recruiting a proven striker and creative attacking players that are Premiership standard.

We are going to have to rely heavily on the loan market and any extra players we do sign i don't believe we will see until the end of the window.

I don't wish to sound negative before a ball has even been kicked but my honest opinion of our chances of being anywhere near competitive are really low. At the moment having watched all our preseason games i honestly think we have a nice team but one that will get battered because we give the opposition so many chances and are toothless in the final third.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1