Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

46 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Add to that Shea Charles had a "Rest" too on Saturday too.. I think something is in the offing.

Check the COT from a week or two ago...our issue has been getting rid of some of the current squad - MOR is a Martin fan boy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Well gk, winger, am, striker, dm it seems unlikely that the other 4 will be loans. 

We will likely sell another, Onuachu?

That could further increase our chances of signing another permanent. 

Also the 15Million we have plus the 13 coming would probably stretch to 2 players, As had been said before you don't pay for a player all up front.

10 hours ago, Forester said:

I have seen the City, Sunderland and Burnley documentaries.  This one shows some surprising/controversial stuff, and is I think relevant to us now, ie relegated team having been in Premier League some time, bouncing back and then staring into the gulf between two divisions.  Add in similar style of play and it’s spooky!  Hopefully a different outcome…..!

Top stuff, will have to give it a whirl. So much football, so little time! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Appy said:

How many loans are we allowed in total? I know it’s two from Premier League clubs. 

I believe the only restriction is 2 from (different) PL Clubs. No restriction on loans from elsewhere. But I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, CSA96 said:

Didn't we offer £15m for Carvalho a week or so ago though? If we had the money ready to go to make a £15m signing, then in theory you can budget the £12m for ABK to that and then you have £27m? (fully appreciate I may be overly simplistic with this)

Not if we need the ABK £12m to be able to spend £15m. 

7 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Moukoko would be a coup for the club, this guy was linked with top clubs around Europe. I think he’s had a lot of injuries in past years which probably hampered him.

We love buying crocked strikers...get him IN!

1 minute ago, ally_uk said:

Ings and Prowse are both not required at West Ham...

Get them signed 🤣

I liked JWP, I followed him from beginning to end of his time with us, he was the constant Mr Reliable, no showman just professional dedication. But bring him back? Would that work? He's not too old. The RM style might suit him but I doubt he would add anything. As for the other guy Ings ,he is too old and the opposite of JWP, he is utterly unreliable. No thanks, his day is done 

• Like 2

Judging by this summer so far its hard to be overly bothered about players linked/offers rejected until fees are agreed and they are travelling for a medical.

I think we have likely missed out on many of our preferred targets  - as a fair few have been made public - either due to FFP constraints on fees or players having better options within the PL where we are scrapping with Ipswich right at the bottom of the food chain.

All our completed transfers so far have been 'easy' in the sense that they were either free involving no selling club, for players with contracts running down or players largely unwanted at their current club, with Downes the only slight exception.

This current group (Parsons, Bitcon, Mowbray) still have a bit to prove to show they can get things over the line when its not so straightforward.

Edited by Dusic

9 hours ago, Dellyears said:

I liked JWP, I followed him from beginning to end of his time with us, he was the constant Mr Reliable, no showman just professional dedication. But bring him back? Would that work? He's not too old. The RM style might suit him but I doubt he would add anything. As for the other guy Ings ,he is too old and the opposite of JWP, he is utterly unreliable. No thanks, his day is done 

If JWP had stayed last season we'd have gone up automatically. He absolutely would suit the style, he's basically Smallbone but many levels higher in ability.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

If JWP had stayed last season we'd have gone up automatically. He absolutely would suit the style, he's basically Smallbone but many levels higher in ability.

He doesn’t pop up in the box like Smallbone does.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

I think the most likely solution to Gav injured and only two senior goalies left in squad is to get a loan in.

Buying a definitive #1 renders Alex and Gav ( and Joe) redundant straight away. And there is no point in buying another reserve keeper- we just sent one off to Turkey! 

Buying a top keeper is what everybody seems to be clamouring for but loaning one will deliver same goalkeeping quality but with far less complications ( and cost).

With a loan we can do a reset next season on the gk front depending on if Gav has recovered. IF we buy ( Johnstone for eg) it does get rather complicated when Gav returns - and there is the matter of having what might then be our third choice keeper on first choice wages and a year to hang around- or perhaps be sold. 

Id bet a big number we keep it simple and get a” top” loan keeper in shortly. 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

If we need a striker than why not just get someone like Carlton Morris from Luton? 

I still think we'll end up with Ings on some kind of deal. 

did you watch him the other night, he was well off being any good to improve us. Tall Paul for me

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dusic said:

Judging by this summer so far its hard to be overly bothered about players linked/offers rejected until fees are agreed and they are travelling for a medical.

I think we have likely missed out on many of our preferred targets  - as a fair few have been made public - either due to FFP constraints on fees or players having better options within the PL where we are scrapping with Ipswich right at the bottom of the food chain.

All our completed transfers so far have been 'easy' in the sense that they were either free involving no selling club, for players with contracts running down or players largely unwanted at their current club, with Downes the only slight exception.

This current group (Parsons, Bitcon, Mowbray) still have a bit to prove to show they can get things over the line when its not so straightforward.

It was surprising/worrying to hear Parsons talking about how surprised he'd been by the process of transfers. It does seem like we lack experience at Board level in that regard (omniscient Rasmus excepted, of course). It seems strange that SR haven't brought anyone in to address this. Big couple of weeks ahead for the Board.  

4 minutes ago, benali-shorts said:

It was surprising/worrying to hear Parsons talking about how surprised he'd been by the process of transfers. It does seem like we lack experience at Board level in that regard (omniscient Rasmus excepted, of course). It seems strange that SR haven't brought anyone in to address this. Big couple of weeks ahead for the Board.  

Well he came from Dyson so so no surprises there really. You're dealing with elite sportsmen not order 1,000,000 brushes from a chinese factory.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wade Garrett said:

He doesn’t pop up in the box like Smallbone does.

apart from the time he 'popped up' in the box to set up the winner in the only game he played for us last season? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Well he came from Dyson so so no surprises there really. You're dealing with elite sportsmen not order 1,000,000 brushes from a chinese factory.

But they were a million young and hungry brushes, albeit with no experience of having worked in a top flight vacuum cleaner before. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Getting shot of Mara would be every bit as exciting as a new signing.

Why on earth do we not want to let him go permanently?

He isn’t going to suddenly morph into prime Thierry Henry.

Just accept that we were conned by Bordeaux and move on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

Think the MOR dominos are about to start falling for Atalanta. 

image.thumb.png.fd89202763ccc5d7629bef5db41c9703.png

Looks like Carvalho link was us moving on. No way Atalanta would have put in 5 bids if they were sure they'd get him. 

46 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Just sell him, he’s absolutely useless, useless in the Premier League, useless in the Championship, can’t get my head round people that think “there’s a player there”.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Appy said:

Just sell him, he’s absolutely useless, useless in the Premier League, useless in the Championship, can’t get my head round people that think “there’s a player there”.

Also weird as he would only have a year left on his contract by next summer so unless he had an absolutely storming season his value will be even less and we will likely just get teams ask to loan him til his deal expires.

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

Looks like Carvalho link was us moving on. No way Atalanta would have put in 5 bids if they were sure they'd get him. 

At least we presumably still have the £12m we budgeted for him to use elsewhere!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 64saint said:

Looks like we've been the busiest club in the transfer window.   Just trying to work out who all twelve are 🤔

IMG_20240814_105319.jpg

Some have been sent to Gozetepe.....who seem to leech off us nicely

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looks like we've been the busiest club in the transfer window.   Just trying to work out who all twelve are 🤔

IMG_20240814_105319.jpg

Exactly - who are these 12 signings? Must be including youngsters?

I’ve got….THB, Lallana, Downes, Taylor, Suga, Edward’s, Woods - that’s 7.

IMG_20240814_105319.jpg

THB, Downes, Sugawara, BBD, Wood, Edwards, Taylor, Welington, Juan, Lallana and the two Japanese players makes 12

• Like 5