Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

Better than we have!

🚨 𝗕π—₯π—˜π—”π—žπ—œπ—‘π—š: Wojciech SzczΔ™sny and Juventus have agreed to mutually TERMINATE his contract.

The goalkeeper receives a significant pay-off and becomes a free agent.

πŸ—žοΈ Β @FabrizioRomano

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

We are in for Ben Sheaf.

Really???? Guaranteed we have made some ridiculous transfers but really???

Mark Robins has revealed that Coventry City’s influential midfielder Ben Sheaf is not as close to a return as it had been previously believed.

The newly confirmedΒ Sky BluesΒ club captain has been sidelined since he limped off with an ankle injury just minutes after going on midway through the second half against Stevenage in last month’s pre-season friendly against the League One club. That forced him to sit out the three warm-up games against Darmstadt, Everton and Werder Bremen.

It’s now emerged that the 26-year-old has been recovering from ligament damage that Robins admitted after Saturday’s opening 1-0 defeat atΒ StokeΒ is a β€œfairly bad” injury.

anyone watch the Luton V Burnley game last night? - a few players i wouldn't mind from either side

Josh Brownhill is one i would have wanted for some time but alas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Brownhill

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-brownhill/profil/spieler/293569

chips in with a few goals rated at Β£15mΒ 

#freejoshbrownhillΒ πŸ˜‰πŸ‘€

cant believe Alfie Doughty is still there tbh

Β 

as an aside

Screenshot-20240813-161214.jpg

Edited by le_tiss

1 hour ago, sfc4prem said:

Are we just trying to rebuild the Sheffield United team that got relegated? Shall we go for Hamer as well!?

Fuck it, just go for Oli McBurnie and have done with it.

40 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Better than we have!

🚨 𝗕π—₯π—˜π—”π—žπ—œπ—‘π—š: Wojciech SzczΔ™sny and Juventus have agreed to mutually TERMINATE his contract.

wow, wonder what's happened there. He was first choice last season. If we can get it done we should be all over that, although i suspect other clubs will be as well.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Better than we have!

Tell him he can smoke in the changing rooms and I think he’ll come!!

• Haha 1

I flagged the Polish keeper as a possible weeks back but it looked like he was going Saudi. Wages are mental and he probably would not join Saints - even if we did give him his €6.5m per annum plus welcome bonus.🫣

He seems to have gone off the rails somehow so it’s probably a non starter. But yeah. If mentally and physically fit he’d still be top ten goalies in EPL or better.Β 

38 minutes ago, le_tiss said:

anyone watch the Luton V Burnley game last night? - a few players i wouldn't mind from either side

Josh Brownhill is one i would have wanted for some time but alas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Brownhill

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-brownhill/profil/spieler/293569

chips in with a few goals rated at Β£15mΒ 

#freejoshbrownhillΒ πŸ˜‰πŸ‘€

cant believe Alfie Doughty is still there tbh

Β 

as an aside

Screenshot-20240813-161214.jpg

Brownhill crumbled when pitted against a good press last season, so based on that I'd have to say no. Alife Doughty I didn't watch enough of but I think he'd improve on what we have at left-back currently.Β 

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

Better than we have!

That's got a whiff of Kelvin Davis > Boruc all over it. We get to the 31st without a new keeper, it's evidently obvious we should have strengthened, and out pops Szczesny on a free transfer after deadline day.

13 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

DM coming in on loan, That frees up Shea Charles to Celtic.
ABK announcement of his imminent departure is close, those funds allow us to pursue MoR.

We strengthen two fold by bringing in a better DM and MoR.

A nice plan, but will it materialise? Or, like the monkey-chicken-petting-zoo, will it evaporate into the ether?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

ABK announcement of his imminent departure is close, those funds allow us to pursue MoR.

Love the theory and prospect of that - Except imo O’Riley will go to Atalanta.
Β 

Looks like the player Sale they need to make is finally going through with Juve - for Koopmeiners @ c €55m. As per Italian social media.Β 

We won’t outbid Atalanta - and apparently he has made it very clear he’s happy to join them. Quite how they’d know that Ive no idea but it’s been oft repeated in Italian press.
Β 

Maybe not getting O’Riley means Tyler especially and Charlie ( 2nd time around) will get their EPL chance this season - so let’s be positive!Β 

19 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Seems rather improbable. 12 million isn't really close to getting o'riley is it. As leg said Atalanta will soon be able to outbid us easily.Β 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Seems rather improbable. 12 million isn't really close to getting o'riley is it. As leg said Atalanta will soon be able to outbid us easily.Β 

Didn't we offer Β£15m for Carvalho a week or so ago though? If we had the money ready to go to make a Β£15m signing, then in theory you can budget the Β£12m for ABK to that and then you have Β£27m? (fully appreciate I may be overly simplistic with this)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Didn't we offer Β£15m for Carvalho a week or so ago though? If we had the money ready to go to make a Β£15m signing, then in theory you can budget the Β£12m for ABK to that and then you have Β£27m? (fully appreciate I may be overly simplistic with this)

Martin said we would bid if something came up but that doesn't mean we wouldn't have to sell.Β 

32 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

That was my first thought too.Β  Could be coincidence but since Charles got linked with a loan move we seem to have been linked with a few DMs - Skipp, Sheaf and mandela Keita.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, revolution saint said:

That was my first thought too.Β  Could be coincidence but since Charles got linked with a loan move we seem to have been linked with a few DMs - Skipp, Sheaf and mandela Keita.

Add to that Shea Charles had a "Rest" too on Saturday too.. I think something is in the offing.

7 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Add to that Shea Charles had a "Rest" too on Saturday too.. I think something is in the offing.

And Brendan Rodgers is a big fan. Apparently. So loan there could happen whatever MOR chooses

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Every time I watch Skipp I’m impressed by him - if he gets a good run in a team like ours I think he’d do well. I’d be happy with this if it comes offΒ 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

Every time I watch Skipp I’m impressed by him - if he gets a good run in a team like ours I think he’d do well. I’d be happy with this if it comes offΒ 

Yeah he's a good player who could thrive if played regularly, a good passer of the ball and physical to add to it. I remember his season with Norwich in the Champ, he was unbelievable at that level - literally ran games on his own. He doesn't look out of place at Spurs either, so I'd be surprised if they do palm him off - but I'd be grabbing him if he was available.

These are the sorts of loans that will become possible as we go into the next couple of weeks.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah he's a good player who could thrive if played regularly, a good passer of the ball and physical to add to it. I remember his season with Norwich in the Champ, he was unbelievable at that level - literally ran games on his own. He doesn't look out of place at Spurs either, so I'd be surprised if they do palm him off - but I'd be grabbing him if he was available.

These are the sorts of loans that will become possible as we go into the next couple of weeks.

Is he this seasons Harry Winks? Remember most on here turning noses up at him.Β 

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yep. Players like Skipp are generally on the periphery of teams like Spurs and (one would assume) that there comes a point where you have to make a decision as to whether you want to play all the time for a smaller club or 30 minutes a month.Β 

I recon he'd fit in brilliantly.Β 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

we should jump at the chance to signing him

Β 

• Haha 4

https://x.com/tuttosport/status/1823410141351567472?s=46&t=l5Q4mkKSxz5qdVtggXqogw

The plot thickens.Italian media says Atalanta just swooped in at last minute to sign Marco Brescianini on a loan with obligation to buy. Β£1m and Β£11m. Versatile cmf. 6ft+. Supposedly a cover for when koopmeiners leaves. Β But that’s meant to be O’Riley. Unless they want two? Or unless they ditching project o Riley leaving him to us?Β 

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

We have about Β£15m on top of that - hence the original bids...Β 

• Haha 1