Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

43 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I wouldn't pay much attention to any of these predictions at this stage, the transfer window in the remaining weeks could shape or kill a teams season. I include ours in that.

I would pay much attention because they're predictions from ex-footballers and have no bearing on our season whatsoever. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

We will be signing a keeper I assure you. I can't promise it'll be Ramsdale, I can't promise it'll be Johnstone, I can't even promise they'll be any good but there will be a keeper coming in this transfer window.

Ah Mystic Meg is alive and well.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Chez said:

If/when we loan in a keeper to be second or third choice, there is going to be a proper meltdown on here.

May as well prepare for Championship already then. Honestly, why do we have such a blind spot? Watch it cost us at least 10 points

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bangkoksaint said:

Chelsea have just slashed another £50M + on Neto and are about to go again on Omorodion. I think there may be some decent opportunities for us there especially in the loan market. It also makes a complete mockery of FFP and illustrates why football is so broken.

Lovechild of Brett Ormerod and Rydian? 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, saintant said:

Miovski not in Aberdeen starting line-up today but came on as a sub in 89th minute. Make of that what you will as they say in certain Circles.

89th minute! Definitely a send off. Isn't he heading to Genoa

4 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

89th minute! Definitely a send off. Isn't he heading to Genoa

All but done according to an Aberdeen lad at the club, I believe it was a token send off at his request. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Rooney getting spanked. Long season ahead for Plymouth. Come on Saints, cheeky bid for Whittaker even though he was pants today.

Is he good enough for the Prem? I don't recall him troubling us in either game. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chez said:

Is he good enough for the Prem? I don't recall him troubling us in either game. 

Rebuild for next season’s Championship push! Well travesty of travesty he beat AA into the team of the season last year so he must have something about him! Seriously how AA didn’t get in that team I’ll never know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saintant said:

O'Riley played the whole match for Celtic today - make of that what you will.

Celtic wanted to play their best player in an important game who no one has matched their valuation for yet?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Even if we sign someone between now and Saturdays opener, I don’t think they'll be starting the game. Possibly not even on the bench.

and knowing our track record they will not be available until January due to a minor injury that just never seems to get better!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

and knowing our track record they will not be available until January due to a minor injury that just never seems to get better!

And the three months to get up to speed in playing Legoball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

Is he 6ft 8

9 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

Isn't he

Not according to Wikipedia.

Suppose if Stuttgart want a 6’8” striker this might explain why they’ve struck him off the list. 

Edited by Badger
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Signed last summer for €1M plays 9 league games8! The season for Lazio and is now worth €20M????

Madness isn’t it? Just goes to show we’ve got to pick players up before they make it in Spain, Italy or Germany.

Be interested to see what Miovski goes for to Girona. £3-5m perhaps, and one good season we’ll be asked to pay £15-20m 

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

Not according to Wikipedia.

Suppose if Stuttgart want a 6’8” striker this might explain why they’ve struck him off the list. 

He like me is in the top 1% in the world 

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

Madness isn’t it? Just goes to show we’ve got to pick players up before they make it in Spain, Italy or Germany.

Be interested to see what Miovski goes for to Girona. £3-5m perhaps, and one good season we’ll be asked to pay £15-20m 

Maybe that's the thinking behind picking up a few Brazilian and Japanese players and loaning them to Turkey for the season. 

On 09/08/2024 at 21:55, saintant said:

Szmodics scored one and had an assist for Blackburn. 

Looks as though he's going to Ipswich so we'll see how he does in the Premier League. He's someone we could have afforded I'd have thought.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, saintant said:

Looks as though he's going to Ipswich so we'll see how he does in the Premier League. He's someone we could have afforded I'd have thought.

I was very disappointed in him when we played Blackburn at Ewood Park. A stroppy little sod who moaned constantly at his teammates if they dared to pass it to anyone else but him. His goal scoring record is excellent but I doubt if he would be as successful if a team wasn't built around him. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, saintant said:

But where would you play him? Ahead of AA or BBD? He's not a striker. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, saintant said:

28 years old only one good season ever at championship level pretty unremarkable before that in league one and the championship. Can’t say I’m disappointed we haven’t signed him.

• Like 5

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/08/how-are-chelsea-allowed-to-get-away-with-this-quite-incredible-what-is-going-on-newcastle-united-premier-league/

Crazy what we are witnessing with the amount of monies being thrown into a PL club, from the $miliions$ old prem to now $$BILLIONS $$,  will i see the $$$TRILLION$$$ in my lifetime?

Hey Joe, you got a few extra players u could sell/loan us, for old time sake.....😁

Who is in Chelsea’s squad?
Goalkeepers (8)

Filip Jorgensen, 22, signed for £21m; Robert Sanchez, 26, £25m; Djordje Petrovic, 24, £14m (available on loan); Kepa Arrizabalaga, 29, £72m* (for sale); Marcus Bettinelli, 32, free*; Mike Penders, 19, £17m (on loan) not yet confirmed; Gabriel Slonina, 20, £9m (available on loan); Lucas Bergstrom, 21, undisclosed* (for sale/loan)

Full-backs (7)

Reece James, right, 24, academy; Marc Cucurella, left, 26, £62m; Ben Chilwell, left, 27, £45m*; Renato Veiga, left, 12, £12m; Malo Gusto, 21, right, £30m; Josh Acheampong, right, 18, academy; Caleb Wiley, left, 19, £9m (on loan).

Centre-backs (9)

Axel Disasi, 26, £39m; Wesley Fofana, 23, £75m; Levi Colwill, 21, academy; Tosin Adarabioyo, 26, free; Benoit Badiashile, 23, £33m; Trevoh Chalobah, 25, academy (for sale); Aaron Anselmino, 19, £16 (on loan); Alfie Gilchrist, 20, academy (on loan); Bashir Humphreys, 21, academy (for sale/loan).

Midfielders (15)

Enzo Fernandez, 23, £107m; Moises Caicedo, 22, £115m; Christopher Nkunku, 26, £52m; Omari Kellyman, 19, £19m; Cesare Casadei, 21, £17m; Lesley Ugochukwu, 20, £23m; Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, 25, £30m; Romeo Lavia, 20, £53m; Carney Chukwuemeka, 20, £20m; Tino Anjorin, 22, academy (available for sale/loan); Andrey Santos, 20, £18m (on loan); Kendry Paez, 17, £17m (on loan); Alex Matos, 19, free; Jimi Tauriainen, 20, undisclosed* (available on loan); Leo Castledine, 18, academy (available on loan).

Wingers (9)

Mykhailo Mudryk, left, 23, £89m; Raheem Sterling, left, 29, £48m; Pedro Neto, left, 24, £54m (not confirmed); Cole Palmer, right, 22, £43m; Noni Madueke, right, 22, £29m; Estaevo Willian, right, 17, £51m (on loan); Angelo Gabriel, right, 19, £13m (available on loan); Harvey Vale, 20, academy (for sale/loan); Diego Moreira, 20, free.

Strikers (8)

Romelu Lukaku, 31, £100m*; Nicolas Jackson, 23, £32m; Samu Omorodion, 20, £35m (not confirmed); David Datro Fofana, 21, £11m (for sale); Deivid Washington, 19, £17m; Marc Guiu, 18, £5m; Mason Burstow, 21, £1.5m* (for sale/loan); Armando Broja, 22, academy (for sale).

8 hours ago, saintant said:

Szmodics is a top top finisher. Sort of player we should be after in my opinion. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

I was very disappointed in him when we played Blackburn at Ewood Park. A stroppy little sod who moaned constantly at his teammates if they dared to pass it to anyone else but him. His goal scoring record is excellent but I doubt if he would be as successful if a team wasn't built around him. 

He did very nearly score with a lobbed effort from 40 yards, mind……

5 hours ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/08/how-are-chelsea-allowed-to-get-away-with-this-quite-incredible-what-is-going-on-newcastle-united-premier-league/

Crazy what we are witnessing with the amount of monies being thrown into a PL club, from the $miliions$ old prem to now $$BILLIONS $$,  will i see the $$$TRILLION$$$ in my lifetime?

Hey Joe, you got a few extra players u could sell/loan us, for old time sake.....😁

Who is in Chelsea’s squad?
Goalkeepers (8)

Filip Jorgensen, 22, signed for £21m; Robert Sanchez, 26, £25m; Djordje Petrovic, 24, £14m (available on loan); Kepa Arrizabalaga, 29, £72m* (for sale); Marcus Bettinelli, 32, free*; Mike Penders, 19, £17m (on loan) not yet confirmed; Gabriel Slonina, 20, £9m (available on loan); Lucas Bergstrom, 21, undisclosed* (for sale/loan)

Full-backs (7)

Reece James, right, 24, academy; Marc Cucurella, left, 26, £62m; Ben Chilwell, left, 27, £45m*; Renato Veiga, left, 12, £12m; Malo Gusto, 21, right, £30m; Josh Acheampong, right, 18, academy; Caleb Wiley, left, 19, £9m (on loan).

Centre-backs (9)

Axel Disasi, 26, £39m; Wesley Fofana, 23, £75m; Levi Colwill, 21, academy; Tosin Adarabioyo, 26, free; Benoit Badiashile, 23, £33m; Trevoh Chalobah, 25, academy (for sale); Aaron Anselmino, 19, £16 (on loan); Alfie Gilchrist, 20, academy (on loan); Bashir Humphreys, 21, academy (for sale/loan).

Midfielders (15)

Enzo Fernandez, 23, £107m; Moises Caicedo, 22, £115m; Christopher Nkunku, 26, £52m; Omari Kellyman, 19, £19m; Cesare Casadei, 21, £17m; Lesley Ugochukwu, 20, £23m; Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, 25, £30m; Romeo Lavia, 20, £53m; Carney Chukwuemeka, 20, £20m; Tino Anjorin, 22, academy (available for sale/loan); Andrey Santos, 20, £18m (on loan); Kendry Paez, 17, £17m (on loan); Alex Matos, 19, free; Jimi Tauriainen, 20, undisclosed* (available on loan); Leo Castledine, 18, academy (available on loan).

Wingers (9)

Mykhailo Mudryk, left, 23, £89m; Raheem Sterling, left, 29, £48m; Pedro Neto, left, 24, £54m (not confirmed); Cole Palmer, right, 22, £43m; Noni Madueke, right, 22, £29m; Estaevo Willian, right, 17, £51m (on loan); Angelo Gabriel, right, 19, £13m (available on loan); Harvey Vale, 20, academy (for sale/loan); Diego Moreira, 20, free.

Strikers (8)

Romelu Lukaku, 31, £100m*; Nicolas Jackson, 23, £32m; Samu Omorodion, 20, £35m (not confirmed); David Datro Fofana, 21, £11m (for sale); Deivid Washington, 19, £17m; Marc Guiu, 18, £5m; Mason Burstow, 21, £1.5m* (for sale/loan); Armando Broja, 22, academy (for sale).

What’s funny is they’ve spent all that money, assembled such a huge squad and yet it is still bang average. 

Will be very surprised if they even make Europa league spots 

SSN

Armando Broja is "ready to move" to Stuttgart, who are in early talks to sign the Chelsea striker, reports Sky Germany. 

Sky Sports News reported this summer that Broja is on the lists at Everton and Southampton among others.

Couldn't afford him anyway

14 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Even if we sign someone between now and Saturdays opener, I don’t think they'll be starting the game. Possibly not even on the bench.

Sadly I see the Newcastle as a free hit. It will also allow the legions of bedwetters to …um wet the bed

• Like 3

According to this

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1

We have the 7th Highest Net spend this summer (€-51.56m) and are 11th for money out (€63.15m)

We know Leicester are likely to get a large points deduction in September but there are other clubs who are sailing extremely close to the wind when it comes to profit and sustainability rules, making it look like we are under spending, when we’re not.

1 bad season could see a few clubs in real trouble over the next season or so, we have to find that balance of spending enough to stay in the premier league but not risking the clubs future.

I’d like to see us get a few loans in now and I suspect we wont see much movement until the last week of the window at this stage

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, waylander said:

SSN

Couldn't afford him anyway

SSN reported Broja was on the list of Everton and Southampton among others. What list ? Talented but entitled Footballers ?

• Haha 3