Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

27 minutes ago, Dman said:

Still better value than this danish bloke imo

this Danish bloke!!!.......can i just ask if you have actually watched O'Riley play? There are quite a few including myself that tend to watch Celtic games and have seen how much O'Riley stands out in the Scottish league. He is without doubt currently the best player in the Scottish league and i have no doubt would improve our side hugely. 

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Off the back of this, I took a look at squads and potentially similar players in the CHO mould...stumbling block for CHO would have been his £120k wages at Chelsea. Some will undoubtedly be out of our range, but stuck them in list anyway...

Man City

Mctee
Oscar Bobb
Rico Lewis
Kabore
Perrone
Phillips

Chelsea
Bettinelli
Sanchez
Wiley
Chalobah
Bolwill
Chukwuemeka
Anjorin
Casadei
Lavia
Ugochukwu
Guiu
Fofana
Broja

Arsenal
Reiss Nelson
Nketiah

Liverpool
Doak
Bobby Clark
Bajcetic
Kelleher
Endo

Man Utd
Amad Diallo
Pellestri
Mctominay

You missed Carvalho. As we have seemingly bid, that perhaps reinforces that the club are going down that route of wanting that little bit more experience this time around.

1 minute ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

this Danish bloke!!!.......can i just ask if you have actually watched O'Riley play? There are quite a few including myself that tend to watch Celtic games and have seen how much O'Riley stands out in the Scottish league. He is without doubt currently the best player in the Scottish league and i have no doubt would improve our side hugely. 

Comes with a longstanding reputation of reinforcement:

Inspired by Fawlty Towers: Basil Fawlty Football Shirt | RedMolotov

3 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I shit you not, someone spells his name incorrectly again I'm going to burn the site to the fucking ground. 

Rushed in too soon there, what I should have replied with…

Oh Really? You and whose Arma?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Dman said:

GK: Dubravka (loan) 

AM: Mctee (Loan with mandatory purchase if we stay up in the mold of the THB)

ST: Nketiah £20m 

I'm not crazy about those three, but at least they are realistic targets. 

I presume we have made a few enquiries about keepers, but if we have, there haven't been any leaks. Maybe because they are enquiries about loans and there's no value for selling clubs leaking that info

17 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

Not seen him myself, so I'll take your word for it. No concern he might be flat track bully or struggle to make an impact when we are not dominating

19 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I shit you not, someone spells his name incorrectly again I'm going to burn the site to the fucking ground. 

Best get working on that Molotov cocktail then because a fair percentage of this site still can’t get the six letters of ‘Bazunu’ right, and that’s after two years 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Twitter shout of the day.

Wassnt aware that he spends his week at the training ground trawling through hours of raw footage to come to that conclusion.

IMG_6311.jpeg

Andrew is back!! @Pat from Poole was a big fan of his. My god he talks some bollocks. He was prolific on twitter a few years back.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

Best get working on that Molotov cocktail then because a fair percentage of this site still can’t get the six letters of ‘Bazunu’ right, and that’s after two years 

To be fair this is a tradition, plenty who struggle with both Lawrie and McMenemy after half a fucking century... 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

or the three letters of GAO.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

And there's still a number of posters who think we have someone called Alvarez playing for us.

25 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Beyond #controversial

This is a new level of ITK for Andrew...

10 minutes ago, Pat from Poole said:

That absolutely has to be a wind-up.

Even Andrew cannot be that much of a tool, surely......

he blocked me a while back, does he still start a lot of posts with "controversial opinion but" i dont think it's a wind up as he seems very serious, loves to appear edgy and thinking differently. 

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

he blocked me a while back, does he still start a lot of posts with "controversial opinion but" i dont think it's a wind up as he seems very serious, loves to appear edgy and thinking differently. 

#controversial

He always thinks out of the box.  Unfortunately it's a fucking box of frogs...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Midfield_General said:

Is that the Aberdeen bloke ?

Now got a drink named after him. Sign him up.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

🚨 Southampton, along with Ipswich and Leicester, are interested in Tottenham midfielder Oliver Skipp (23) #saintsfc @TeleFootball

Is he the new Harry Winks ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

🚨 Southampton, along with Ipswich and Leicester, are interested in Tottenham midfielder Oliver Skipp (23) #saintsfc @TeleFootball

For the right price he could be a good fit for us. Young but not a kid, English which we know Russ likes, played 74 times for Spurs so has decent top-level experience, and in a position we need to strengthen. Also flexible as he's a proper DM but is also very comfortable at LB. Probably considered not quite good enough to be a regular for Spurs first team, but then neither was Winks, and he's gone on to do very well. Not sure how good he is on the ball, but Spurs fans seem to think he's tidy if unspectacular and generally speak pretty well of him.

Quite hope that this one has legs, as he feels like the sort of signing that is realistic, probably not ridiculous money in terms of either transfer fee or wages, has some potential upside in terms of future value, and would actually improve our first team. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

🚨 Lazio are very interested in Southampton attacker Charly Alcaraz and would be interested in a loan with option to buy #saintsfc @Solo_La_Lazio

Hope we tell them no. 
not only would I like to see him involved this season but the whole Italian loan with option(really means no intention to buy whatsoever)

1 hour ago, Bob60 said:

O'really

image.thumb.jpg.bf1ce2fa3c2f371820158d9ccd2b14c7.jpg

38 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

I'd take Skipp. No frills but has a bit of experience and is probably "our level". Had a decent spell at Norwich the last time they got promoted in the Championship.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

For the right price he could be a good fit for us. Young but not a kid, English which we know Russ likes, played 74 times for Spurs so has decent top-level experience, and in a position we need to strengthen. Also flexible as he's a proper DM but is also very comfortable at LB. Probably considered not quite good enough to be a regular for Spurs first team, but then neither was Winks, and he's gone on to do very well. Not sure how good he is on the ball, but Spurs fans seem to think he's tidy if unspectacular and generally speak pretty well of him.

Quite hope that this one has legs, as he feels like the sort of signing that is realistic, probably not ridiculous money in terms of either transfer fee or wages, has some potential upside in terms of future value, and would actually improve our first team. 

Could be a useful addition to the squad. Would probably work well alongside Downes to tighten our midfield and help protect the defence. 

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

we spent more than that though, the £75m was just what we spent on young players, that doesn't even include Bella=-Kotchap who was also 20 and played most of his football in the Budesliga 2, but at least he contributed even if his attitude is questionable. 

the difference between 14/15 and 22/23 was we signed good, experienced players who went straight into the first team. Bertrand, Tadic, Long, Forster, Pelle, Mane, Alderwierld on loan. All of them with plenty of first team football under their belts, all of them had played at international level, some of them had played in the champions league. They weren't kids who had never kicked a ball in mens football before who needed 2, 3, 4 years to develop. You can get away with one or two like that but not 5 or 6 in one window

alan-hansen-you-cant-win-anything-with-k

3 hours ago, Dman said:

Because £25m is next to nothing for a player with PL experience & bags of potential. Gone are the days of picking up ready made top half PL players for 10-15m. 

Yep. And  he was even getting in the chelsea side occasionally under poch ..  bags of potential there. You always pay a premium when signing off players from the big clubs (like carvalho )  I’d love us to sign broja thought he was mustard last time . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Midfield_General said:

So if you can see with your own eyes that Mara is absolute dogshit and not worth wasting anymore time on, you’re supporting the wrong level of team? Because we could never, ever expect to do better than him, and it’s only fair that we should wait until he’s at least 24 before we can expect any sort of meaningful return?

Righto 👍

We're a team that attracts young talent by giving them a chance to play top level football. RM has been very complimentary about him as a young player. He's a young lad, from another country, trying to make a step up. He may not, but has he been given enough time?? 

That's your opinion...fair enough. I'd give him til Jan or loan him out, just to be sure.

15 minutes ago, gd26 said:

We're a team that attracts young talent by giving them a chance to play top level football. RM has been very complimentary about him as a young player. He's a young lad, from another country, trying to make a step up. He may not, but has he been given enough time?? 

That's your opinion...fair enough. I'd give him til Jan or loan him out, just to be sure.

Fair enough mate, agree to disagree 👍

1 hour ago, saintant said:

Maybe they could loan us Lavia. Not sure he'll start many games in that squad.

Wasn't Caicedo pretty poor for them last season, thus giving Lavia a chance to start games? 

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

🚨 Southampton have turned down a bid from Trabzonspor for striker Paul Onuachu, worth €5m + further €2m in add-ons #saintsfc @TheAthleticFC

Feels like slightly old news that. Turkish press reported that offer knock back a week ago and the "enough is enough, we are going for Weghorst" stuff restarted again this week.

They haven't made any bid for Weghorst. They want Onuachu.

When they stump up a genuine €8.5m deal it will be done. 

4 hours ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

I've watched a few games & yes he does stand out but the Scottish Premiership is such a poor league that it's hard to judge how well he would do in the Premier.