Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

39 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

So did my sister years ago but she knew naff all other than Yoshida hitting on her all the time. 

Just because your sister was spending her time making eyes at the players doesn’t mean that other people in hospitality didn’t have contact with others within the club who dealt with transfers, does it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

I’m not confident that there’s a hope in hell of signing Moukoko…far too many other more attractive clubs in for him. Massive coup if it happens though.

Which of the other clubs listed in the Tweet play in the world's most high profile league, can offer him regular starts and have a bigger income and wage budget than Saints?

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Which of the other clubs listed in the Tweet play in the world's most high profile league, can offer him regular starts and have a bigger income and wage budget than Saints?

When he finds out how many major semi finals we've been in he will not consider any other club.

• Haha 13

14 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

A 19-year old getting regular starts? Not too sure that’s true with the other players we’ve potentially got at our disposal.

9 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

A 19-year old getting regular starts? Not too sure that’s true with the other players we’ve potentially got at our disposal.

Has to get past Sekou Mara, Ross Stewart & Sulemana first 😜

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

So did my sister years ago but she knew naff all other than Yoshida hitting on her all the time. 

Ha, good old Yoshida. Loved by the fans, but a right seedy bastard. 

I know of many a story about him being a naught boy behind his partners back. One of which went to the club and he had to pay her off (allegedly ;) )

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Dman said:

I know of many a story about him being a naught boy behind his partners back. One of which went to the club and he had to pay her off (allegedly ;) )

Joins the bit of a wrongun club alongside beattie and Lambert. 

Edited by hypochondriac

34 minutes ago, Dman said:

I find this hard to believe. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Are there any other sources for the Shea Charles -MO’Reilly story other than Rosser? 

No he isn’t posting about MO’Reilly either!

Ben Brereton Diaz was undergoing his medical in Winchester today, Southampton want to sign another striker once he is done.

Talks continuing on Matt O'Riley, Shea Charles going the other way to Celtic on loan with an option being discussed. #SaintsFC

Shea to Celtic is an interesting one.  A year in the SPL would probably do him some good, so I'd hope it'd be without an option to buy.  Or a high option/buy back clause if that is what happens.

Also saw somewhere that O'Reilly hasn't agreed terms with Atalanta, whereas he has with us.  So there's a decent chance he may sign for us I think

Surely you'd rather go and live in Bergamo? 

The PL is the attraction, isnt it... let's see if that convinces him over the beauty of Northern Italy.

Note I didn't mention CL football - he has that at Celtic.

3 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

The PL is the attraction, isnt it... let's see if that convinces him over the beauty of Northern Italy.

Also Martin who he clearly had a great relationship with. 

7 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Shea to Celtic is an interesting one.  A year in the SPL would probably do him some good, so I'd hope it'd be without an option to buy.  Or a high option/buy back clause if that is what happens.

Also saw somewhere that O'Reilly hasn't agreed terms with Atalanta, whereas he has with us.  So there's a decent chance he may sign for us I think

He hasn’t but O’Riley may have

8 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

but he'd have champions league football, compete at the top of a major league for a decent club and get to live in Bergamo. Not much to like about the Atalanta move.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

but he'd have champions league football, compete at the top of a major league for a decent club and get to live in Bergamo. Not much to like about the Atalanta move.

I still consider this unlikely but unfortunately I'm now invested and have got a bit excited. I really should have learnt by now. 

• Like 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I still consider this unlikely but unfortunately I'm now invested and have got a bit excited. I really should have learnt by now. 

not saying it's not possible as things are moving but there are plenty of reason why he'd chose them, some of our fans seem to think just because we're in the Premier Soccerball league now he's going to chose us over anyone not in it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

not saying it's not possible as things are moving but there are plenty of reason why he'd chose them, some of our fans seem to think just because we're in the Premier Soccerball league now he's going to chose us over anyone not in it.

He might just not fancy this kind of move in his career at the moment. Think he is a London lad, maybe the lure of being closer to family and familiar surroundings are what's going to tip it in our favour. 

Only a few years ago Atalanta could be considered on a par - or frankly below, Southampton.

They were perennial mid to lower Seria A makeweights who occasionally pulled off a result against the big boys and even qualified for UEFA now and again. Got a few Coppa Italia runs also. A bit like Saints. You might say. 

Their average attendance - at their tiny ground is under 15,000. But they been punching way above their weight consistently for a number of years now.

I hope it’s sustainable and they don’t just get best players gobbled up by the bigger fish of football. 

If I was O’Riley - assuming the wages are the same - I’d be wanting a taste of that success story ahead of the lure of the EPL with a likely relegation struggler - not matter how friends I am with the boss.

Only caveat to that is - you fuck up in Seria A you can sometimes struggle to come back to UK, do same in EPL -most watched football in the world - you probably got more opportunities.

All things being equal the right decision is he goes to Atalanta. If we pay him more salary assuming the fee is settled or certainly better than both Atalanta and Celtic currently do by a decent margin - then we become favourites-but it needs be a big salary uplift. 

And/or our package is sweeter to him and Celtic - hence adding a loan player into the narrative seems to be gaining momentum - from Celtic’s pov it’s very good sense to play it that way. 

Edited by gio1saints

12 hours ago, M271 said:

Oh for the days of Guan and Billy, they professed to be ITK and there was incorrect information and some information that turned out to be accurate. Even though I took a lot of it with a pinch of salt I looked forward to their posts. Did we ever find out who they were? club insiders?

@Guan 2.0 still posts from time-to-time (as recently as 1st June), although not with his 'ITK' hat on... 

image.thumb.png.c87c44195530ef0c381e0e58084452a3.png

@K,Billy's supersound hasn't posted for over 4 years now... last post: 

image.thumb.png.958d61959cc9864266ae9ea82221ed62.png

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

@Guan 2.0 still posts from time-to-time (as recently as 1st June), although not with his 'ITK' hat on... 

image.thumb.png.c87c44195530ef0c381e0e58084452a3.png

@K,Billy's supersound hasn't posted for over 4 years now... last post: 

image.thumb.png.958d61959cc9864266ae9ea82221ed62.png

Didn't Guan have a friend who died in the Manchester Arena bombings? I vaguely remember him posting about that. Maybe mistaken

Maybe they are both former employees who left the club, or their contacts did.

Might not be true. He seemed like a great bloke to me but he definitely liked to hit on women. Beattie the biggest wrongun though. 

This is by his own admission. Also one of my teachers in school used to go out with him, he was a total player. She also was not complimentary about certain body parts of his (it was a strange school)

Again though, I think he's sorted himself out since retirement.

41 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Only a few years ago Atalanta could be considered on a par - or frankly below, Southampton.

They were perennial mid to lower Seria A makeweights who occasionally pulled off a result against the big boys and even qualified for UEFA now and again. Got a few Coppa Italia runs also. A bit like Saints. You might say. 

Their average attendance - at their tiny ground is under 15,000. But they been punching way above their weight consistently for a number of years now.

I hope it’s sustainable and they don’t just get best players gobbled up by the bigger fish of football. 

If I was O’Riley - assuming the wages are the same - I’d be wanting a taste of that success story ahead of the lure of the EPL with a likely relegation struggler - not matter how friends I am with the boss.

Only caveat to that is - you fuck up in Seria A you can sometimes struggle to come back to UK, do same in EPL -most watched football in the world - you probably got more opportunities.

All things being equal the right decision is he goes to Atalanta. If we pay him more salary assuming the fee is settled or certainly better than both Atalanta and Celtic currently do by a decent margin - then we become favourites-but it needs be a big salary uplift. 

And/or our package is sweeter to him and Celtic - hence adding a loan player into the narrative seems to be gaining momentum - from Celtic’s pov it’s very good sense to play it that way. 

Yeah Saints have done well in qualifying for UEFA over the years…we must be a much better proposition. Oh…😅

Might not be true. He seemed like a great bloke to me but he definitely liked to hit on women. Beattie the biggest wrongun though. 

It is. Hardly groundbreaking stuff though. Premier leauge footballer can't keep it in his trousers and people see it as an oportunity to earn a quick buck. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

She also was not complimentary about certain body parts of his (it was a strange school)

I assume that she wasn't telling that to her pupils.

• Haha 2

Is O'Riley this years Gakpo, or Gaston Ramirez? The unlikely addition that we either do pull off, or miss out on at the 11th hr.

Although to be fair to Gakpo, that did kind of surface right at the end of the window. The interest in O'Riley is 100% genuine as it's been going on for over a year now, we tried to sign him last summer - or at least made some exploratory questions.

11 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

The good old days of 2013... before Wokeness hit full flow. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

She was indeed. Sub teacher mind. Also went out with Bridge for a time apparently. Said he was always a gentleman. 

28 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Yeah Saints have done well in qualifying for UEFA over the years…we must be a much better proposition. Oh…😅

I think you have totally missed my point that all things being equal Atalanta is the better choice for him. 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

I think you have totally missed my point that all things being equal Atalanta is the better choice for him. 😂

Not at all - I just don’t think your analysis makes much sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Just because your sister was spending her time making eyes at the players doesn’t mean that other people in hospitality didn’t have contact with others within the club who dealt with transfers, does it?

I can see why you would think that if women in your family routinely whored themselves out to any man who looked in their direction. In this case, she was doing a professional job and didn't appreciate the attention.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Rule 1 for the teachers and sisters please.

The teachers sister, Beatties sister or sister as in nuns?

I have neither, just curious. I could see if anyone remembers her name if you'd like. Larger lady, blonde, quite attractive if I remember rightly.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

The teachers sister, Beatties sister or sister as in nuns?

I have neither, just curious. I could see if anyone remembers her name if you'd like. Larger lady, blonde, quite attractive if I remember rightly.

I'm not fussy tbh.  Whatever you got.  Beats people talking about goalkeepers or circle of twats.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Rightly so!

Fuck off back to the cot, it’s so tedious and boring now, we look on here for transfer info, keep your shit on your joke thread where it belongs 🥱

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Not at all - I just don’t think your analysis makes much sense.

He should be joining Atalanta on paper but life isn’t always that simple. Hopefully!

• Like 1