Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

1 hour ago, Barsiem said:

Moukoko would be our most exciting signing in god knows how long! 

Am I the only one who's never heard of him? 🤪

Edited by trousers
  • Like 11

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

Am I the only one who's never heard of him? 🤪

dont you watch an AWFUL lot of German football like most of us? This guy is absolutely class. He will 🍳👩‍🍳 in the English Premier Soccerball league

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

My sources tell me we are interested in Youssoufa Moukoko, 

19 year old striker at Dortmund. Would be quite a coup to get him as a few la liga teams also interested

Yes please! What a coup that would be for us 😊

Edited by davefizzy14

2 hours ago, Dellyears said:

How much do you think the Stewart transfer has cost us so far? Maybe a load of premier goals will pay it all back and we'll make a profit.

At the moment it seems like a waste of money. If we didn’t go up last season it would have felt worse as it’s money that could have been spent elsewhere.

At the time I thought it seemed like good value for a player with good physicality (don’t laugh!) who has scored all sorts of goals in the Championship and League one. 

If he gets/stays fit I’m genuinely excited to see what he can bring to the team. If he hits double figures in the prem (or fires us back up if we go down) I think he’ll represent value. If not hopefully his wages aren’t too mega and we get something out of him. We’ve certainly spent more on arguably worse/less suited strikers for sure!

Chatting to a Hammers fan on holiday. Consensus amongst his buddies is that JWP is one of the worst signings they've made, that Flynn Downes is shit and KWP might be worth a punt as a back up. Who the fuck they think they are?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Chatting to a Hammers fan on holiday. Consensus amongst his buddies is that JWP is one of the worst signings they've made, that Flynn Downes is shit and KWP might be worth a punt as a back up. Who the fuck they think they are?

I hope we stuff them 

• Like 2

Oh for the days of Guan and Billy, they professed to be ITK and there was incorrect information and some information that turned out to be accurate. Even though I took a lot of it with a pinch of salt I looked forward to their posts. Did we ever find out who they were? club insiders?

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Wtf? He was the best thing since sliced bread a few months ago.

They've always been a bunch of Karen's though. They make our fans look reasonable.

• Haha 6

Just now, M271 said:

Oh for the days of Guan and Billy, they professed to be ITK and there was incorrect information and some information that turned out to be accurate. Even though I took a lot of it with a pinch of salt I looked forward to their posts. Did we ever find out who they were? club insiders?

They failed the interview - we don't scattergun our approach - if we say it, it's happening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just read the Everton have just dropped their interest in Wilfred gnonto from Leeds was he ever on our radar. One of their best players in the last semi competitive game played?

1 hour ago, Winnersaint said:

WHU fans don't really have a clue tbh, even their club as a whole has no idea. They love to to waste their time going after entirely unrealistic options, i.e. Amorim to replace Moyes, and then Mazraoui was another entirely unrealistic target. They've had loads of similar efforts over the years, thinking they are bigger than they really are.

They are middle of the road also-rans, can occasionally get Europe in a good season, but equally as likely to be embroiled in a relegation battle. They're just one of the rest of the PL. Nothing special.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, M271 said:

Good Question 

36 minutes ago, M271 said:

Take a note of LeG's posts, he's very much in the know of the Guan/K'billy ilk - not sure who he is (could be one of those two with a new account I guess). He's certainly connected in some way.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Take a note of LeG's posts, he's very much in the know of the Guan/K'billy ilk - not sure who he is (could be one of those two with a new account I guess). He's certainly connected in some way.

His posts are similar in style to Guan/Kbilly.

28 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Who was the "ITK" connected to Lallana back in the day? Maybe he's returned too...

1 hour ago, M271 said:

I’m not sure, but one thing I’m fucking sure off, they weren’t members of the cot.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Appy said:

Shea Charles potentially going to Celtic on loan as part of O’Riley deal according to Jack Rosser

If they did happen it would leave us needing someone as back up to Downes, imagine that’ll be a loan incoming then. 

5 minutes ago, Appy said:

Shea Charles potentially going to Celtic on loan as part of O’Riley deal according to Jack Rosser

That would be a really good loan move for him IMO, but also, you'd assume we absolutely have to add another DM in that case (which might be good, as I wasn't that confident in Charles picking that role up just yet)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Appy said:

It looks like Jack Rosser seems to have a fair bit of info on us this summer (I know he is a saints fan) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 6ft8saint said:

Just read the Everton have just dropped their interest in Wilfred gnonto from Leeds was he ever on our radar. One of their best players in the last semi competitive game played?

Wouldn't touch with a bargepole. We are trying to build team spirit and he has an awful attitude as well as being a despicable diver

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

That would be a really good loan move for him IMO, but also, you'd assume we absolutely have to add another DM in that case (which might be good, as I wasn't that confident in Charles picking that role up just yet)

Sara would be the right move there, funds permitting.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, V.Johnathan.Wilson said:

So who's the alternative to Matt O'Reilly in the event we don't get him? Sem Steijn from FC Twente springs to mind scored 17 goals but only 3 assists in the 2023/24 Eredivisie season, listed as both an AM and a CM, caught my eye when I was browsing Transfermarkt for attacking midfielders. Not sure if FC Twente are a ball dominant side though as I don't really watch the Eredivisie. 

That's a lot of goals from midfield. Yaser Asprilla has yet to sign for Al-Ittahad.

29 minutes ago, Appy said:

he also says "Southampton want to sign another striker once he (Diaz) is done."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

he also says "Southampton want to sign another striker once he (Diaz) is done."

Ben probably isn't going to be used as a striker, his primary position is winger and Martin stated we were still looking to sign a winger + striker so I believe that his plan would be for Ben on the left wing, Arma on the right and potential signing in the middle.

At least I hope so, I do not see Stewart doing anything for us really but I'd be happily proven wrong

• Like 3

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Leg Was Le Goddard years ago. Not Guan or Billy

Edited by Raging Bull
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

There's far too much common sense and good negotiating going on this summer. Doesn't feel like Saints.

Just what I've been thinking. Who is driving it? All hopeful except GK situation.

• Like 1

We had a scout at Stevenage v Coventry the other night. Ben Sheaf maybe? One of the best combative/deeper midfielders in the Champ and surprisingly quiet about him moving on... his profile fits on paper, too

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Dellyears said:

Just what I've been thinking. Who is driving it? All hopeful except GK situation.

I'd be careful about proclaiming how good or otherwise our transfer dealings have been until they actually happen. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

We had a scout at Stevenage v Coventry the other night. Ben Sheaf maybe? One of the best combative/deeper midfielders in the Champ and surprisingly quiet about him moving on... his profile fits on paper, too

Contract until 2026 and chairman saying it would take a big bid for them to sell.  Of course they all say that but they got a good deal on Gyokeros (or however you spell it) so a deal wouldn't be easy.  Sara at Norwich is the same with a contract 'till 2026.  I think a loan at Celtic for Charles makes sense but makes the O'Riley deal much more expensive if we have to replace Charles (which I think we probably do).

Wouldn't be against Charles going, he'd do ok in Scotland. From what I've seen I don't think (my opinion) he has what it takes to make it in the PL, and certainly would be swimming against the tide if thrown in this season. Would give us a chance to get a decent upgrade and then have good cover for Downes.

9 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

I don’t mind we take back JWP our legend at a half of the price that we received.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't think some randomer claiming to work in a Saints office really knows anything. 

Could depend on which office.

One of my contacts, who's sadly no longer with us, worked on the hospitality side.

10 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Could depend on which office.

One of my contacts, who's sadly no longer with us, worked on the hospitality side.

So did my sister years ago but she knew naff all other than Yoshida hitting on her all the time. 

6 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Contract until 2026 and chairman saying it would take a big bid for them to sell.  Of course they all say that but they got a good deal on Gyokeros (or however you spell it) so a deal wouldn't be easy.  Sara at Norwich is the same with a contract 'till 2026.  I think a loan at Celtic for Charles makes sense but makes the O'Riley deal much more expensive if we have to replace Charles (which I think we probably do).

Not if there's someone available that we can loan in. 

8 hours ago, Saint Marky said:

I’m not sure, but one thing I’m fucking sure off, they weren’t members of the cot.

Rightly so!

9 hours ago, M271 said:

I’m not confident that there’s a hope in hell of signing Moukoko…far too many other more attractive clubs in for him. Massive coup if it happens though.

Charles going to Celtic as a make-weight seems plausible, but it also makes the deal much more complex in what is clearly already a difficult deal. Getting it over the line would be a huge statement of intent from SR and the club. Exciting to think it might happen.