Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

18 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Not too bothered. Could have turned out to be another Diallo. 

Sangare work permit led us to go for Diallo. Lamine Camara would have been a much more exciting singing than Diallo IMO. Always a risk they don’t fulfil that potential though and Martin certainly prefers a British core. If we could only have one I’m sure Martin would want O’Riley but it seems unlikely if the Italian press are right about his preferences. Could be back to square one for Saints.

Some of the dramatics on Twitter about us “losing out” on Camera are quite funny.

Those same people had probably never heard of him three weeks ago.

There are some absolute fannies on social media at the moment when you scroll though the #saintsfc hashtag.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Wasn't ever on our list. You'll notice that as he wasn't mentioned in the CoT. 

When the COT posts something, what is the likelihood of the transfer happening? I know the COT cannot be guarantee that the transfer will happen, but would it be 70% chance of it happening, for example? What are the circumstances that would mean that the COT posts the clues.

4 hours ago, St. Neil said:

Celtic midfielder Matt O'Riley is willing to wait for Atalanta to increase their bid in preference to moving to Southampton despite offers so far falling far short of the Scottish champions' valuation of the 23-year-old. (Tuttomercato)

If this is true we should move on.

7 minutes ago, Pengi said:

When the COT posts something, what is the likelihood of the transfer happening? I know the COT cannot be guarantee that the transfer will happen, but would it be 70% chance of it happening, for example? What are the circumstances that would mean that the COT posts the clues.

Well, if you go through the thread it's a 100% success rate (even back to my post in Jan/Feb that said Jason was off). We don't get every incomer, but we also don't post about ones that are reported in the press that we know are untrue. Essentially, if we post, it's happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I'm sure the club is days ahead of the "news" in their actions. It always amuses me when people comment on these tweets as if they are live news!!! 

15 minutes ago, Pengi said:

If you believe in those wind up merchants, then you must still believe in the Easter bunny.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Gingeletiss said:

If you believe in those wind up merchants, then you must still believe in the Easter bunny.

So are you trying to tell me the Easter bunny is not real 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Well, if you go through the thread it's a 100% success rate (even back to my post in Jan/Feb that said Jason was off). We don't get every incomer, but we also don't post about ones that are reported in the press that we know are untrue. Essentially, if we post, it's happening.

Even if you just post "It’s happening?" No uncertainty there!

8 minutes ago, Sevvy said:

So are you trying to tell me the Easter bunny is not real 

Hang on, so that means we’re not in for O’Hare. Hoped we’d pull that one out of the hat. 

• Haha 3

So who's the alternative to Matt O'Reilly in the event we don't get him? Sem Steijn from FC Twente springs to mind scored 17 goals but only 3 assists in the 2023/24 Eredivisie season, listed as both an AM and a CM, caught my eye when I was browsing Transfermarkt for attacking midfielders. Not sure if FC Twente are a ball dominant side though as I don't really watch the Eredivisie. 

Edited by V.Johnathan.Wilson

3 hours ago, Chez said:

Not sure if Liverpool are interested or not, clubs like them are linked with hundreds of players, but if they are, his relationship with RM won't help. You don't turn Liverpool down for Saints.   

Vegard Forren did 😄

6 hours ago, trousers said:

If we're basing our decision on whether or not to get in a new centre forward on Stewart's fitness levels between now and the end of the transfer window then I'd be worried about the lack of logic being applied. The harsh reality is that it would appear that we can't rely on Stewart sustaining fitness levels over a short period of time, let alone for the majority of the season. Not forgetting that he's an unknown quantity at PL level, of course.

Fair shout. Ideal world we would have other options so could ease him back and not rely on him. At some point our budget may run out though so I’m not sure I see us doing another permanent deal for a potential starting striker. I could be wrong though!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Why?  If we're only aiming for players that would consider us the team they'd most like to sign for in the world we'd be limited to signing people from Saintsweb....

He's agreed terms so is clearly happy to sign for us.  Can't blame him for preferring an Italian club in the CL

26 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

27 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Sorry, think I'm missing something here. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, UpweySaint said:

Fair shout. Ideal world we would have other options so could ease him back and not rely on him. At some point our budget may run out though so I’m not sure I see us doing another permanent deal for a potential starting striker. I could be wrong though!!

How much do you think the Stewart transfer has cost us so far? Maybe a load of premier goals will pay it all back and we'll make a profit.

1 minute ago, Dellyears said:

How much do you think the Stewart transfer has cost us so far? Maybe a load of premier goals will pay it all back and we'll make a profit.

£8m (plus £2m add ons - assume linked to promotion), plus wages 😥 

Edited by goodymatt

51 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Sorry, think I'm missing something here. 

OK....We could all post a vague picture/meme and when something reasonably concrete happens, "find" a tenuous link to the said picture/meme, and say "I told you so....." Does that make it clearer....??

Edited by miserableoldgit
  • Like 3

🟡 #BVB -Talent Youssoufa Moukoko (19/ 🇩🇪 ) should and wants to leave. The statements from agent Patrick Williams were clear. It is still unclear whether it will be a loan or a permanent sale. This will be discussed in the next few days and weeks - depending on the club and the situation.

According to Sky Infos, Girona, Betis Sevilla and Real Sociedad as well as Southampton and Rennes are among those interested in the talented striker. Other clubs could get involved...

The young attacker wants to play in the new season - and preferably outside of the Bundesliga. A move to FC St. Pauli is out of the question. @SkySportDE

🟡 #BVB -Talent Youssoufa Moukoko (19/ 🇩🇪 ) should and wants to leave. The statements from agent Patrick Williams were clear. It is still unclear whether it will be a loan or a permanent sale. This will be discussed in the next few days and weeks - depending on the club and the situation.

According to Sky Infos, Girona, Betis Sevilla and Real Sociedad as well as Southampton and Rennes are among those interested in the talented striker. Other clubs could get involved...

The young attacker wants to play in the new season - and preferably outside of the Bundesliga. A move to FC St. Pauli is out of the question. @SkySportDE @berger_pj

Moukoko would be our most exciting signing in god knows how long!  I'd be very surprised if someone bigger doesn't come in but maybe a loan and an offer of first team football would give us a chance

• Like 2

My sources tell me we are interested in Youssoufa Moukoko, 

19 year old striker at Dortmund. Would be quite a coup to get him as a few la liga teams also interested

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

He could fancy a change up for this year. Dortmund have just bought another striker (who I quite liked - Guirassy) so his chances may be even more limited, they have Fullkrug and Haller too. He defo hasn't at yet hit his hyped potential at Dortmund, which has lead to him being in and out of the side a bit.

If he's available on loan (that's all it will be) then there will be a dozen takers. This is what will start to happen now though, 'elite' clubs will have top players somewhat surplus and this is where we need to put the loan market to use - we did it very well last year.

6 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Moukoko would be our most exciting signing in god knows how long!  I'd be very surprised if someone bigger doesn't come in but maybe a loan and an offer of first team football would give us a chance

Shares an agent with Flynn Downes, let's hope the talks went smoothly.

Loan seems the only likely possibility for us and a PL shop window for Moukoko

6 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Shares an agent with Flynn Downes, let's hope the talks went smoothly.

Loan seems the only likely possibility for us and a PL shop window for Moukoko

As does Ben Brereton Diaz!

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

19 year old striker at Dortmund. Would be quite a coup to get him as a few la liga teams also interested

Good Lord! Where has this come from??

2 hours ago, jamesfp1 said:

What's the latest on BBD?

domestos1987.webp.15eb2867898e8eeef5f00d7bd3d36c54.webp

37 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

The young attacker wants to play in the new season - and preferably outside of the Bundesliga. A move to FC St. Pauli is out of the question. @SkySportDE

Ooh a wunderkind. This would be an amazing coup because on Football Manager he's excellent and that's all I need to know.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Would rather sign Ings.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CampionSaint said:

Someone who works in the Saints office is claiming we are finalising a deal for O'Reilly from Celtic for £22m plus add-ons.  He appeared early on the BBD deal also so who knows 🙂

I don't think some randomer claiming to work in a Saints office really knows anything. 

8 minutes ago, CampionSaint said:

Someone who works in the Saints office is claiming we are finalising a deal for O'Reilly from Celtic for £22m plus add-ons.  He appeared early on the BBD deal also so who knows 🙂

Fingers crossed then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CampionSaint said:

Where is this person? Twitter? 

19 minutes ago, CampionSaint said:

That’s disappointing as we were hoping for O’Riley.

😉

22 minutes ago, CampionSaint said:

Ah these sorts of rumours are like a nod to the past, this is how the transfer window used to be. None of this Romano stuff!

Maybe we can get Pilchards back up the tree outside Staplewood to see if he can spot Rudi Skacel!

Edited by S-Clarke

18 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't think some randomer claiming to work in a Saints office really knows anything. 

Of course they do, he probably faxed the offer over to Celtic.