Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

1 minute ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

The bar has been raised, you just need to raise it even higher!

52 so far that's going to take some beating. Guess i'll have to settle for the most consistent poster award now my GOAT laughing emoji belt has gone.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

52 so far that's going to take some beating. Guess i'll have to settle for the most consistent poster award now my GOAT laughing emoji belt has gone.

Just made it 53

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Palace signing Ismaila Sarr for $16.2m

Crystal Palace agree €15m deal to sign Ismaila Sarr from Marseille. Crystal Palace have agreed a €15million (£12.6m; $16.3m) deal in principle to sign winger Ismaila Sarr from Marseille. Personal terms are in place and medical will follow before Sarr completes his proposed move to the Premier League.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5652532/2024/07/25/crystal-palace-ismaila-sarr-transfer/

Bordeaux have folded and all contracts terminated. Anyone worth picking up? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emeric_Depussay

Edited by le_tiss
Extra Info

3 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Careful with the laughs. Your getting close to Turkish's record.

and for that reason I will go back and click laugh regardless of whether it was funny or not 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I agree. Seems the majority opinion is that Smallbone is good enough to be a starter. I disagree, I'd prefer him in the squad without any pressure to perform. 

A tad unfair, he'll surprise you. He's better than JWP was at this satge of his career

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Maggie May said:

Then you walk the tightrope of players not caring if they know they’re going to be dumped as soon as they’re promoted. A balance needs to be struck. 

They’re professionals. They’d get over it.

Anyway back to O'reilly.

Honestly i always fined it hard to gauge SPL players values, yes he has good returns up there but how do you grade that v say the premier league ?

Virgil was obvious, vic was a destroyer but goals and assists up there is always hard to judge.

We aren't the sort of club to take a risk but i guess if Russ wants him, he knows his quality from MK we just have to support, but doesn't sound like a deal is close at all, wonder if celtic will take 18M + add on's but i'd be loathe to go higher myself.

For comparison Stuey Armstrong in one of his seasons got 15 goals and 7 assists, dont have a stat for losing the ball in the centre circle to compare though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

The Ugly Inside have a post suggesting we must be loan favourites for Aaron Ramsdale. Newcastle have 5 goalies including a fit again Pope and an aging Dubravka + Arsenal wouldn't want to strengthen a direct rival. 

The is also a reasonably strong case that no other PL team is really in the market for a goalkeeper. Couple that with geographical proximity to his Bournemouth links and there might be something in the rumour. 🤞

Think we've been asked to pay about £75k of his wages.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

If true then we should be all over that.

Yep. A good keeper could be the difference between staying up and not. Dont want to think about a prem season where AMC is considered the best we’ve got.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

73 now. 

100+ incoming I reckon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Isn't the Korean kid meant to be a really hot prospect? Sure I read somewhere he's one of the most high rated young Koreans for a while

Yep. He's the dogs..

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

We aren't the sort of club to take a risk but i guess if Russ wants him, he knows his quality from MK we just have to support, but doesn't sound like a deal is close at all, wonder if celtic will take 18M + add on's but i'd be loathe to go higher myself.

For comparison Stuey Armstrong in one of his seasons got 15 goals and 7 assists, dont have a stat for losing the ball in the centre circle to compare though.

Romeo Lavia £14m, Gavin Bazunu £12m, Shea Charles £12m, Ross Stewart £8m were all big risks. Bigger risks than Matt O'Rily at £20m would be in my opinion. 

Stuart Armstrong had 1 year left on his contract when we signed him for £7m. Matt O'Riley still has 3 years on his contract. I think we'd be spending at least £14m on a 26 year old Stuart Armstrong in todays market if he had 3 years left on his Celtic deal. Matt O'Riley is still only 23 years old so the fee doesn't seem outlandish to me.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Master Bates said:

Apparently close to signing Park Seung-soo.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/seung-soo-park/profil/spieler/1134717

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Isn't the Korean kid meant to be a really hot prospect? Sure I read somewhere he's one of the most high rated young Koreans for a while

1 of the top Korean prospects is off to spurs.  The other (mentioned by Master Bates above) was loosely linked - but nothing definite that I could see.

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

Considering we were playing Forster and McCarthy that at the same time then we should bite their hand off

27 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

1 of the top Korean prospects is off to spurs.  The other (mentioned by Master Bates above) was loosely linked - but nothing definite that I could see.

Thought we were linked with a 6’4” South Korean striker rather than this bloke.

What’s the South Korea - Japan relationship like these days ? Seems we’re recruiting from both places. 

8 minutes ago, CampionSaint said:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5657806/2024/07/25/west-ham-mazraoui-transfer-bayern-munich/

It seems like West Ham are closing in on another full back.  KWP options maybe closing down and he'll be staying this season.

I never thought he had may options. If he won't renew, it'll be interesting to see if the club let him run down his deal, or try to punt him to the highest bidder abroad. If he stays, I wonder if we'll play him higher up to accommodate him and Suga. 

15 minutes ago, CampionSaint said:

I thought Russ publicly committed to McCarthy being his No.1 this season.  

He sought of did, but he must surely know that we need better. Ramsdale would be a phenomenal signing, and will gain us points for sure. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, CampionSaint said:

If I remember he said he was number 1 of current fit goalies we have. When pressed he said Alex’s position in the pecking order might be challenged, depending who we got in

18 minutes ago, CampionSaint said:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, egg said:

I never thought he had may options. If he won't renew, it'll be interesting to see if the club let him run down his deal, or try to punt him to the highest bidder abroad. If he stays, I wonder if we'll play him higher up to accommodate him and Suga. 

What if the club put his price to high - rumours were 20m. I would gave thought KWP wouldn’t be overly happy with that.

16 minutes ago, egg said:

He sought of did, but he must surely know that we need better. Ramsdale would be a phenomenal signing, and will gain us points for sure. 

Be nice to have a keeper that wins us points rather than loses us rhem

1 hour ago, egg said:

73 now. 

100+ incoming I reckon. 

FFS I think there is some tactical LOLing going on here. This has been a set up to take my title away from me. I am still the legitimate holder of most LOL reactions on Saintsweb. 

• Haha 5

We should be all over ramsdale. Don't know if he would come but if we can get him on loan then pay his wages, be worth every penny. 20 odd million on o'riley and a striker who can finish ( hard one I know but other clubs find them) and that's all we can ask for. Most promoted teams that do well keep main parts of the squad because you're on an up. Mood is better,everyone positive, just needs a couple of touches in key positions and we will be ok. Dibling looks class. Don't know why he didn't get a look in last season because the couple of cup games he played he stood out. Think he could be a suprise this season. He's got everything 

We have already replaced KWP and clearly will need to balance the books a bit.

Added to the fact it seems unlikely he will sign a new deal then the worst outcome for the club is that he stays and runs his contract down.

There were reports of Brighton interest and their RB depth is poor so imagine thats a viable option.

5 hours ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Mancity players that they loan out. Wouldnt mind James McAtee.

Josh Wilson-Esbrand Stade Reims Stade Reims End of loan
Slobodan Tedic Charlton Athletic Charlton End of loan
James McAtee Sheffield United Sheff Utd End of loan
Issa Kaboré Luton Town Luton End of loan
Taylor Harwood-Bellis Southampton FC Southampton End of loan
Tommy Doyle Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolves End of loan
Josh Wilson-Esbrand Cardiff City Cardiff End of loan
James McAtee Manchester City U21

Man City U21

-
Oscar Bobb Manchester City U21 Man City U21 -

DEPARTURES 24/25

Players Club Transfer sum
Taylor Harwood-Bellis Southampton FC Southampton €23.00m
Sergio Gómez Real Sociedad Real Sociedad €9.00m
Tommy Doyle Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolves €5.00m

I thought Kabore was the fullback that went out on loan to Marseille. Didn't realise he went to Luton too. He looked a very good prospect. How did he fair at Luton?

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

FFS I think there is some tactical LOLing going on here. This has been a set up to take my title away from me. I am still the legitimate holder of most LOL reactions on Saintsweb. 

Nah Del, we wouldn't do that to you!!😉😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Romeo Lavia £14m, Gavin Bazunu £12m, Shea Charles £12m, Ross Stewart £8m were all big risks. Bigger risks than Matt O'Rily at £20m would be in my opinion. 

Stuart Armstrong had 1 year left on his contract when we signed him for £7m. Matt O'Riley still has 3 years on his contract. I think we'd be spending at least £14m on a 26 year old Stuart Armstrong in todays market if he had 3 years left on his Celtic deal. Matt O'Riley is still only 23 years old so the fee doesn't seem outlandish to me.

20 m for Oriley still seems a bit wishful  thinking Imo. They have received 25m for both tierney and jota so if ORiley is really the best thing since VVD I don’t see why they would be accepting less here 

4 hours ago, Tauro said:

Why don't we just cut out the middle man and save ourselves £20million?

Think it’s been said on here before but the signings we should make from Celtic are some of their scouting network. 

21 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

What if the club put his price to high - rumours were 20m. I would gave thought KWP wouldn’t be overly happy with that.

No idea mate, but if he doesn't get a PL move it'll be interesting. There aren't many rumours. 

10 minutes ago, egg said:

Nah Del, we wouldn't do that to you!!😉😂

EXPOSED! 

Anyway Turkish does not need titles to know that he is the greatest 

Turkish can post equally well on any forum when you are good poster you can post anywhere 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

EXPOSED! 

Anyway Turkish does not need titles to know that he is the greatest 

Anyway Turkish can post equally well on any forum when you are good poster you can post anywhere 

You’re the Davey Moyes of m-boards.

IMG-0144.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the complications of our relationship with KWP is that, despite outward appearances of him being happy here, the commonly quoted salary we pay him is £20k per week whereas the likes of Matt Target and some other full-backs at major EPL clubs get £100k.  That must grate and give KWP a reason for wanting to leave as soon as he can.  Pricing him out of a realistic move is unlikely to please him.

34 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

What if the club put his price to high - rumours were 20m. I would have thought KWP wouldn’t be overly happy with that.

then perhaps he should have signed a contract with one less year on it.

Next year he can walk for free and we can done fuck all about it. This year it's up to the club if they want to price him out of the market or sell him at a lower amount.

2 hours ago, Master Bates said:

where did you get that info from?

Sounds in our range...and makes me wonder why we gave McCarthy a new deal.

32 minutes ago, kevdoh said:

Dibling looks class. Don't know why he didn't get a look in last season because the couple of cup games he played he stood out. Think he could be a suprise this season. He's got everything 

looked pretty poor in the Watford game if you ask me. I agree though a lot of potential.

1 minute ago, Chez said:

where did you get that info from?

Sounds in our range...and makes me wonder why we gave McCarthy a new deal.

We need a reliable number 2 who he's willing to play, and if he didn't trust Lumley to play him when it mattered last season, he ain't going to trust him in the PL.

I reckon we've got a keeper coming for that reason, and because he knows that McCarthy ain't the answer. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Mulgrew said:

One of the complications of our relationship with KWP is that, despite outward appearances of him being happy here, the commonly quoted salary we pay him is £20k per week whereas the likes of Matt Target and some other full-backs at major EPL clubs get £100k.  That must grate and give KWP a reason for wanting to leave as soon as he can.  Pricing him out of a realistic move is unlikely to please him.

not a chance a £12m signing is earning £20k a week. He'd have the worst agent in the world if that was the case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, egg said:

We need a reliable number 2 who he's willing to play, and if he didn't trust Lumley to play him when it mattered last season, he ain't going to trust him in the PL.

I reckon we've got a keeper coming for that reason, and because he knows that McCarthy ain't the answer. 

I didn't believe that was the case, but bloody hell it would be great if it was. Very exciting few weeks ahead.