Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

5 hours ago, Billy the Kidd said:

I’ve never seen a Ferrari as slow as a Fiat either. Maybe we just need to accept the Fiat money.

Maybe Ankersen needs to accept another transfer fuck up. 

Edited by Challenger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I thought he was at the centre of a tug of war between Man City, Chelsea and Bayern

Ah. First time I've come across him. Makes sense. Looks brilliant.

I wonder who we are looking to bring in to add some quality/ creative spark. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

Ah. First time I've come across him. Makes sense. Looks brilliant.

I wonder who we are looking to bring in to add some quality/ creative spark. 

Hopefully O'Riley is our top target. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Problem with him is his wages 

(& to be honest the other clubs)

He’s on £25k pw at Celtic AFTER a big pay rise. What wages do you think he or his agent are asking for ( and that Saints cannot pay/ afford?) 

7 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

He’s on £25k pw at Celtic AFTER a big pay rise. What wages do you think he or his agent are asking for ( and that Saints cannot pay/ afford?) 

A very large one, apparently.

4 hours ago, Master Bates said:

Al-Okhdood it is.

I looked into them.  I don't think they've seen the level of investment the other clubs have.

(I'm sure that will change - But he seems pretty set on moving back to the Fiat people).

2 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

IMG_3165.thumb.jpeg.aefcdffbf24f796ce54f8e299fa0c855.jpeg

I'm really pleased that Hojbjerg has gone on to have a great club and international career since leaving Saints (better than I expected, to be fair), he always gave his all and seems like a genuine guy.

I'm really pleased that Hojbjerg has gone on to have a great club and international career since leaving Saints (better than I expected, to be fair), he always gave his all and seems like a genuine guy.

Not in his final season with us, he didn’t. Clearly wanted out.

14 minutes ago, Pwoite said:

I'm really pleased that Hojbjerg has gone on to have a great club and international career since leaving Saints (better than I expected, to be fair), he always gave his all and seems like a genuine guy.

Not in his final season with us, he didn’t. Clearly wanted out.

I watched every game and while his form may have dipped at times, he didn't give me the impression that he clearly wanted out. Certainly not compared to players like Van Dijk.

• Like 1

Southampton are set to make a surprise £7m bid for Jesurun Rak-Sakyi. Crystal Palace would demand more and the Eagles do not want to lose him permanently.

(Alan Nixon)

12 minutes ago, SfcPhil said:

Southampton are set to make a surprise £7m bid for Jesurun Rak-Sakyi. Crystal Palace would demand more and the Eagles do not want to lose him permanently.

(Alan Nixon)

If they don't want to sell not sure why this is continuing. I did read that he wanted to come. Maybe a transfer request? 

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

If they don't want to sell not sure why this is continuing. I did read that he wanted to come. Maybe a transfer request? 

The fact that we have gone back with a permanent offer after being refused a loan would seem to suggest this has legs.

There will have been talks between agents/clubs in the background, and we wouldn't be wasting our time with multiple approaches if we hadn't received some kind of indication that the player is interested in the move and the terms being offered, and that Palace would be willing to sell for the right price.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

1 hour ago, SfcPhil said:

(Alan Nixon)

It's Nixon so massive pinch of salt but Rak-Sakyi would be a decent signing. Wouldn't be good news for Dibling/SAA though.

1 hour ago, SfcPhil said:

(Alan Nixon)

Rak-Sakyi and SAA both competing for that RW would be decent.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

The fact that we have gone back with a permanent offer after being reused a loan would seem to suggest this has legs.

There will have been talks between agents/clubs in the background, and we wouldn't be wasting our time with multiple approaches if we hadn't received some kind of indication that the player is interested in the move and the terms being offered, and that Palace would be willing to sell for the right price.

doesn't seem like he is going to get a lot of games this season at Palace. That is slightly concerning as they will know what they have and with Olisse going you'd think he was closer to starting. He obviously is going to prefer a move to us over a loan to a championship side (so long as it looks like he is going to play a fair bit). Palace have the contract card, but if he is impatient then he'll push for the move. 

14 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Rak-Sakyi and SAA both competing for that RW would be decent.

Indeed. SAA and him will make our RW stronger. The fact this bloke is also a young player is irrelevant. Would SAA be more encouraged if we brought in a more established RW option? If anything that would give him less chances. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

It's Nixon so massive pinch of salt but Rak-Sakyi would be a decent signing. Wouldn't be good news for Dibling/SAA though.

That’s reason enough to ignore this one.

We all know what our priority position is.

50 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Indeed. SAA and him will make our RW stronger. The fact this bloke is also a young player is irrelevant. Would SAA be more encouraged if we brought in a more established RW option? If anything that would give him less chances. 

Ramsdale;

Sugawara - THB - Bednarek - Taylor;

Downes; Smallbone;

SAA - MoR - Arma;

Broja;

Or

Ramsdale;

THB - Bednarek - Taylor;

Sugawara - Downes - Smallbone - Edozie;

Dibling -  MoR;

Arma

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chez said:

doesn't seem like he is going to get a lot of games this season at Palace. That is slightly concerning as they will know what they have and with Olisse going you'd think he was closer to starting. He obviously is going to prefer a move to us over a loan to a championship side (so long as it looks like he is going to play a fair bit). Palace have the contract card, but if he is impatient then he'll push for the move. 

I'm not too up on Palace, but their recruitment and development of younger players has been phenomenal recently

• Like 1

Southampton interested in Slovenia defender Vanja Drkusic

Even though every elite club has an extensive scouting network and databases full of information about potential targets, major international tournaments still represent a huge opportunity for players to earn a big move.

This summer’s Euro 2024 was no different and a Slovenia defender appears to have caught the eye of Southampton.

That is according to Mundo Deportivo, who report that Southampton, Leicester and Sevilla are all ‘interested’ in a move for Vanja.

The report also suggests that Drkusic is valued at a bargain fee of just £3 million, meaning he could prove another astute bit of business for Southampton.

Interest in Drjusic could merely be Southampton being opportunistic in trying to sign a player who has impressed them for a bargain fee.

However, it could also mean a defender is set to leave the club and that will be the worry as Jan Bednarek enters the final year of his contract.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Would be great to get O'Riley. Wonder if our Danish connection in Ankersen will help get this over the line. Excited about this one.

We showed interest early in the transfer window that RM wanted him, put the first official bid in for him. Seems this is one RM really wants and will pay a Celtic and Saints record fee. Hope RM man management charm can pull this one off!🙏

Same with Jack Clarke at Sunderland, we showed earliy interest in one of the Champs best wingers. We got rattled by the high price, but we will prob try to get him in that 13-15m. 🙏

2 hours ago, DT said:

Would be great to get O'Riley. Wonder if our Danish connection in Ankersen will help get this over the line. Excited about this one.

IF we sign him I suspect the Milton Keynes connection with Russell Martin will be a greater influence. 

1 hour ago, sfc4prem said:

Excited about getting O'Reily. I think that's the first signing this summer I've felt that way.

I’d hold off on any excitement as I suspect we’ll be priced out of this one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

2 hours ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

That’s reason enough to ignore this one.

We all know what our priority position is.

Exactly. Suggested £7m could be better spent on GK, or CF for the season ahead.
Not another ‘young prospect for the future’. We’ve already got SAA for that title in the same position. 

31 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:
Southampton interested in Slovenia defender Vanja Drkusic

Even though every elite club has an extensive scouting network and databases full of information about potential targets, major international tournaments still represent a huge opportunity for players to earn a big move.

This summer’s Euro 2024 was no different and a Slovenia defender appears to have caught the eye of Southampton.

That is according to Mundo Deportivo, who report that Southampton, Leicester and Sevilla are all ‘interested’ in a move for Vanja.

The report also suggests that Drkusic is valued at a bargain fee of just £3 million, meaning he could prove another astute bit of business for Southampton.

Interest in Drjusic could merely be Southampton being opportunistic in trying to sign a player who has impressed them for a bargain fee.

However, it could also mean a defender is set to leave the club and that will be the worry as Jan Bednarek enters the final year of his contract.

I read an article saying we wouldn’t be able to sign him as he is currently playing for a Russian club. Article states we’d be unable to make the transaction due to financial embargoes in place. 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I read an article saying we wouldn’t be able to sign him as he is currently playing for a Russian club. Article states we’d be unable to make the transaction due to financial embargoes in place. 

Will Goztepe be allowed to buy him and loan him to us maybe?

• Like 1