Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

As far as I'm concerned Adams is a chance misser not a chance taker. Secondly his runs into and across the box are almost non-existent. And if he does get on the end of something it can almost be guaranteed he'll be offside because he is careless. Just move on.

• Like 8

According to Mail Sport, we went back after the loan with option was rejected by Palace for Rak-Sakyi. Permanent offer now also rejected.

Time to move on or do we just need to increase our offer? 

1 hour ago, JRM said:

There's been a few, remember someone made a Mr Men book for him, Mr Sitter 

This was awful Boro home last season 

IMG-20240330-WA0005.thumb.jpg.f31372efb23d65d8372a5a0a6a947761.jpg

Che! It's that white thing. The bit between! Che! Oh bloody hell. The most overrated international striker just about ever

36 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

According to Mail Sport, we went back after the loan with option was rejected by Palace for Rak-Sakyi. Permanent offer now also rejected.

Move on ffs.

Don't know anything about the bloke really, but for me a winger with either lightning pace or fancy footwork isn't the priority, and don't we have a couple already ? More important is a CF, some fucker to put the ball in the net when it arrives. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Che! It's that white thing. The bit between! Che! Oh bloody hell. The most overrated international striker just about ever

You're forgetting their other option is Lyndon Dykes...

(and you're conveniently forgetting the actual most overrated international striker ever, who just captained his side to another runners up trophy)

Edited by disconnect

3 minutes ago, disconnect said:

You're forgetting their other option is Lyndon Dykes...

(and you're conveniently forgetting the actual most overrated international striker ever, who just captained his side to another runners up trophy)

Good point well made. Kane was absolutely terrible and entirely distorted the way England played. By not actually venturing into their penalty box, it allowed all the defences we played to push up as there was nobody to mark. Woeful and a hard watch. We need a keeper and a striker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derry said:

As far as I'm concerned Adams is a chance misser not a chance taker. Secondly his runs into and across the box are almost non-existent. And if he does get on the end of something it can almost be guaranteed he'll be offside because he is careless. Just move on.

Never have I seen an easier chance wasted. I gave up all hope with him after that. If he has any time to think, you can be sure he'll miss. His inability to take gilt-edged chances was a major reason we got relegated.

Edited by Disco Stu

1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

Palace fan at work's verdict is, "I personally don't think he's anywhere near Premier League level at the moment, and we'd only loan him somewhere where he would be guaranteed to play regularly and I don't think he would at any Prem club (albeit I don't know the state of your current options on the right wing) as I don't think he's quite ready for it. "

He looks like he probably needs a season in the championship before he's ready to start in the premier league so I'm not sure it's much of a loss if we move on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hopper said:

Multi club ownership working well for Goztepe.  Neither Juan or Welington look any good so not too worried and doubt we'll ever see them play unless it's a friendly against us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saintandy666 said:

Are we keeping Alcaraz? 

Looks that way unless we get a big money offer. He's back in training and I saw a comment that he wanted to fight for a spot in the team.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Second most goals, but yes he was brilliant last season.

I wonder if we've considered a punt on Szmodics?

Image.png

Spoke to a Blackburn fan who didn't think he was that great. Said he scored a lot because absolutely everything went through him and their entire team was designed to get him chances but didn't think he'd cut it in the prem. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Che has got a fucking nerve making us hang on while he tries to get a move elsewhere.  We’re the ones doing him a favour, on account that he is fucking garbage.

We should withdraw his contract offer and move on.

Either that or the total goes down £10k a week every five days, a bit like The Drop, only with more crying...

34 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Spoke to a Blackburn fan who didn't think he was that great. Said he scored a lot because absolutely everything went through him and their entire team was designed to get him chances but didn't think he'd cut it in the prem. 

Interesting! He looked decent to my untrained eye, but then I though Piroe was going to make the difference for Leeds last season!

1 hour ago, revolution saint said:

Multi club ownership working well for Goztepe.  Neither Juan or Welington look any good so not too worried and doubt we'll ever see them play unless it's a friendly against us.

Good for them.  However, I suspect all the costs (and possibly wages) will go against our net spend and influence our FFP figures.

Multi club ownership not having much benefit for us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Good for them.  However, I suspect all the costs (and possibly wages) will go against our net spend and influence our FFP figures.

Multi club ownership not having much benefit for us.

Aren't they both free transfers anyway? That's why it's pre-contract agreements ahead of time

3 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Aren't they both free transfers anyway? That's why it's pre-contract agreements ahead of time

Welington definitely is, not sure about Juan but won't be much if anything.  Will be interesting to see how it's recorded - Goztepe could be paying us a loan fee to cover any expenses and if they end up getting sold down the line then presumably that's our profit.

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

I do hope we're not paying this plum Paul onuachu, hes clearly on strike and hasnt returned to Staplewood.

I think RM stated he was not required to report back. All parties know the score.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Well then I definitely hope we aren't paying him. 

if we dont pay him, he can walk on a free. right now we are hoping to get €10m for him

7 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

In a system that didn’t play to his strengths and being in and out of the team, I will agree he didn’t cut it in the PL. I’m hopeful he will so better in this system, how much better remains to be seen.

How is being the highest goal contributor of the top 4 English leagues ‘just cutting it’? Did he sleep with your Mrs or something? He has more than earned his chance to have another go IMO.

I think you will find that that was Nigel Adkins......

• Haha 4

Does anyone know how many players we are allowed to loan to Goztepe at any one time?

Already seems to be Matsuki and then from Jan the two Brazilians. Presume there is a max number, and also presume they would ideally want Lis back too.

9 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

A couple of reports in Italian media now that Torino and Adams are moving closer to an agreement

He’s over in Italy atm as well, think we will be moving on.

1 hour ago, Chez said:

I think RM stated he was not required to report back. All parties know the score.

Interesting that Alcaraz & (especially) Kotchap came back then after their loans...

Perhaps they've got a chance at reintegrating themselves.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CSA96 said:

A couple of reports in Italian media now that Torino and Adams are moving closer to an agreement

Make it finally happen. Far from clinical.

Time to end the saga and focus on life without him and his replacement.

2 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

How are Leicester able to spend if they are over the FFP threshold?

Looks like they will have beaten us to 2 players so far this summer: Bobby De Cordova-Reid and Matias Soule.

They also beat us to Maresca last season. All whilst effectively cheating their way back up with the punishment loophole. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Looks like they will have beaten us to 2 players so far this summer: Bobby De Cordova-Reid and Matias Soule.

They also beat us to Maresca last season. All whilst effectively cheating their way back up with the punishment loophole. 

Maybe they have decided not to give a fuck anymore because they’re getting a points deduction? Or the money from Dewsbuy Hall may help? Either way, not really that bothered about them beating us to any of the above. 

• Like 1

Just now, ErwinK1961 said:

Maybe they have decided not to give a fuck anymore because they’re getting a points deduction? Or the money from Dewsbuy Hall may help? Either way, not really that bothered about them beating us to any of the above. 

Got a payout for Maresca going and taking half the population of Leicester with him as backroom staff too, I guess

1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

New financial year.  Being over FFP threshold for the previous three years (which they will be punished for) doesn't stop them spending now.

1 hour ago, SaintNewForest said:

Interesting that Alcaraz & (especially) Kotchap came back then after their loans...

Perhaps they've got a chance at reintegrating themselves.

or that unlike Onuachu, they are no where near joining a new club, so have to return.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, saint lard said:

Armstrong is shit. How people are rejoicing him  signing a new contract is mental

he can’t cut it in the Premier League. He is dire. 
just cut it in the Championship. Just. 

If we just got promoted and announced the signing of a player that was a massive part of getting another team promoted (including a final goal) with over 30 goal involvements in the Championship, people would be wanking into socks until they were crusty as hell. Yes he didn't do it in the Prem last time but he's also only just 27 and hitting his prime. Hes absolutely earned his chance this season.

7 hours ago, SW5 SAINT said:

and yet Danny Ings only a few months younger is valued at only £6m……..!

Amen. If we're going for a proven goalscorer whose previously been a crock and is over 30, I'm Ings over Wilson. Wilson has 88 Prem goals, Ings has 71 so similar but only Danny has scored over 20 in a season. Ideally neither is the answer but financially it'd be Ings over Wilson for me.

But as I say, I hope neither is the answer. Back up, sure... but I doubt the wages for either would be "back up" wages.

11 hours ago, Chez said:

Where does AA fit in to that equation? 

Left back. Oh wait, Southgate isn't our manager.

• Like 2

Availability is such an underrated attribute for a footballer and another reason why Adam Armstrong was so valuable last season.

Adams another who is very good in this aspect.

I'm pretty worried about the forward postions because Mara is clearly not PL level, Arma better from wide and Stewart simply can't be relied upon to be able to play.

We absolutely need two additions and good ones cost. If we don't get it right it will have a huge impact on our ability to stay up in what will be a very strong PL season.

We will need to finish above at least one established PL side and the three teams people generally accept might be catchable have forwards of the quality of Toney, Mbeumo, Wissa, MGW, Wood, Awonyi, CHO, Semenyo, Solanke etc - most a level above what we have and probably they will all add too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SNSUN said:

Amen. If we're going for a proven goalscorer whose previously been a crock and is over 30, I'm Ings over Wilson. Wilson has 88 Prem goals, Ings has 71 so similar but only Danny has scored over 20 in a season. Ideally neither is the answer but financially it'd be Ings over Wilson for me.

But as I say, I hope neither is the answer. Back up, sure... but I doubt the wages for either would be "back up" wages.

Wilson scored 10 goals in all comps last season, 9 in the PL and one against Chelsea in the cup. I'd only want him on loan personally but he's got a far better recent record than Ings and that's all that matters. As for the latter's 20 goal season, that was a one-off five years ago. His second best season is 12.