Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

Just now, sfc4prem said:

That Wolves might also be sensibly taking their time?

I'd say taking over a year to sign a player, they supposedly want, is a bit more than just sensibly taking their time!

I read the post as a dig that we're dallying on things, which I don't see. We've had a really authoritative window up to now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I'd say taking over a year to sign a player, they supposedly want, is a bit more than just sensibly taking their time!

I read the post as a dig that we're dallying on things, which I don't see. We've had a really authoritative window up to now.

Agreed, we can't be classified as dalliers in this window

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Yukinari excites me alot, really looking to him play in pre-season. 

For sure he is going to be a cult hero.

Agreed, I think he's going to be a top capture for us. Dare I say coup given our status as a promoted side and taking into account the other teams who have been tracking him.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Agreed, I think he's going to be a top capture for us. Dare I say coup given our status as a promoted side and taking into account the other teams who have been tracking him.

Indeed, I feel like we've superbly replaced Kyle when he does inevitably leave.

And bringing in Downes the other way will surely make us stronger, than  not signing him and just keeping Kyle.

This is a real win - win early on for SR, and the recruitment team.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Nixon reporting that Torino and Wolves want Che.

Probably best for both sides new start. 

If Wolves actually wanted him, why hasn't the deal already done? Who's waiting for a better opportunity, player or club?  Also, why have they gone ahead and signed another striker?  Did they really need two? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Where’s Che?

Or was the lack of a farewell message just a bit of a fuck you from the club. 😂

maybe we are still negotiating a deal with him?

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

When I read x, z and z are interested in a player I usually take it with a pinch of salt. Te fact other sides haven't signed him raises the question why not? That doesn't mean he won't be great of course.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Fingers crossed that we aren't.  I'd rather have tall Paul, at least there's a chance he'll score.

I'd like option `C' please.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chez said:

When I read x, z and z are interested in a player I usually take it with a pinch of salt. Te fact other sides haven't signed him raises the question why not? That doesn't mean he won't be great of course.

Dumfries at Inter was one - Inter had him on their list should the interest in Dumfries intensify, but it never did. He's held in decent regard across Europe for what he's done at AZ though.

4 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Me too. I just don't like our chances of achieving it. Last time we signed an option C he was broken and has never been fixed.

Adams staying seems reasonably likely to me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Because that’s what egos do. We’ve all worked with some kn*bhead who was sh*t at his job but also thought it was beneath him and he needed to move on upwards.

Edited by stknowle
Couldn’t be arsed

2 minutes ago, Challenger said:

According to the papers today, Wolves and Forest are " fighting " over Che.

Can only assume (considering how long it's taking ) that they going at each other armed with banjos.

Don't give it to Che. He couldn't hit a cow's arse with it. 

• Haha 10

51 minutes ago, Chez said:

Adams staying seems reasonably likely to me. 

Maybe we will know more tomorrow. It's 3 weeks since Scotland departed the Euros, I would have expected him back last week but maybe tomorrow is the return date. Has Bednarek returned yet? Not heard anything about Armstrong either, though I think it was certain he had left, not signed for anyone else AFAIK, but then I had heard he was retiring from football.

1 minute ago, Challenger said:

According to the papers today, Wolves and Forest are " fighting " over Che.

Can only assume (considering how long it's taking ) that they going at each other armed with banjos.

Wolves chasing Adams like: someone represent GIF

• Haha 2

Just now, VectisSaint said:

Maybe we will know more tomorrow. It's 3 weeks since Scotland departed the Euros, I would have expected him back last week but maybe tomorrow is the return date. Has Bednarek returned yet? Not heard anything about Armstrong either, though I think it was certain he had left, not signed for anyone else AFAIK, but then I had heard he was retiring from football.

Return date? Unless he has signed a new deal, he does not play for us anymore, right?

Of course, we may be letting him use the facilities whilst he 'decides'...?

1 minute ago, Chez said:

I wonder what kind of deadline we've set him to make a decision? If we did bid for Delap, maybe it has elapsed?

I hope it’s elapsed, don’t want him slinking back asking if that contract that’s been on the table for a year is still there to sign !!

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Return date? Unless he has signed a new deal, he does not play for us anymore, right?

Of course, we may be letting him use the facilities whilst he 'decides'...?

Correct, he's a free agent  doesn't need to get out of bed Monday morning 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Their contracts expired on 30th June. They are no longer employed by Southampton, so they don't need to turn up to Staplewood.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Yukinari excites me alot, really looking to him play in pre-season. 

For sure he is going to be a cult hero.

Yes the talent is exciting. Will he cope with the language?  

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Dellyears said:

Well he already knows more English than most English-speakers know of Japanese.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Dellyears said:

5 minutes with Lord Duckhunter and he will learn all of the (Anglo-Saxon) words he needs to know on a football pitch.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Well he already knows more English than most English-speakers know of Japaneseheshe

Well, that's something but to avoid homesickness he needs friends and to be a success on the field he needs to know what RM an d the coaches are on about. I wish him well, I wonder if Yoshida will be around at all 

1 minute ago, Dellyears said:

Well, that's something but to avoid homesickness he needs friends and to be a success on the field he needs to know what RM an d the coaches are on about. I wish him well, I wonder if Yoshida will be around at all 

Yoshida offered him his house to stay in 😂

Southampton has made a second bid for Metz midfielder Lamine Camara as they look to beat Monaco to signing the Senegalese midfielder. First bid worth €10 million was rejected last week. #SaintsFC #Metz #Transfers

3 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

He’s like that turd you can’t flush or get rid of 

Bit harsh of a comparison. I don't really get the hate for Che; okay, he is unlikely to ever score 12+ goals in the PL (not many of those around to be fair) but is hold-up play is well above average and based on his stats is going to score 7 or 8 a season in the PL which is not too shabby. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Their contracts expired on 30th June. They are no longer employed by Southampton, so they don't need to turn up to Staplewood.

I know that 😡 If they were coming back they would have been back by now, Scots (and Poles) went out of Euros 3 weeks ago. Maybe tomorrow is the day back after all, would expect all three to rock up somewhere.

12 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

All gone very quiet........

I'm confused between who we want, who we might get and who we've actually got. Can someone just list who we have signed for sure?

17 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

All gone very quiet........

The cogs are turning, but with the Euro's being over and holidays being taken there will be a delay as teams will want to replace with players who are away. Most "big" business will be done in August.

Apart from free transfers, of course (may have one coming in soon)... 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dellyears said:

I'm confused between who we want, who we might get and who we've actually got. Can someone just list who we have signed for sure?

you cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, well you might find you get what you need. 

Make of that what you will

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

you cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, well you might find you get what you need. 

Lyrics by Rolling Stones.....Long John Baldry was one of their early influences ergo we are signing John Stones.

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Rolling Stones. We're signing Jon Stones.  😉

Or Mick Jagger. Or Keith Richards. Or will just let it bleed. Hope it's not a cryptic message about looking for a good striker and then opting for a shit one in Adams

Just now, DT said:

Rolling Stones. We're signing Jon Stones.  😉

Or Mick Jagger. Or Keith Richards. Or will just let it bleed. Hope it's not a cryptic message about looking for a good striker and then opting for a shit one in Adams

Thanks for all this music stuff but who have we actually signed this summer?

There have been rumours for some time that the Ryan Fraser deal is all but done, not sure what the hold up is. It’s rumbled on a bit.

Rumours about Flynn Downes continue too with a possible swap being on the cards; West Ham allegedly want Walker-Peters.

Harwood-Bellis has signed.

Sugawara has signed.

Taylor has signed.

Lallana has signed.

Alex McCarthy has signed a new deal.

All summarised. 😂

• Like 1